It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of Brits don't care about the royal wedding.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Actually I think you will find many people do care about the royal wedding and probably intend to watch it. You probably won't find many interested who visit conspiracy sites. But don't forget many people are still not connected to the internet or if they are just tend to use it for emails. Many elderly people are still firm royalists.

While the statement may be true that many people are not as excited about it as they were about Charles and Diane it must be remembered that William is not the heir to the throne just second in line. It is not a state occassion. For all that people in the UK may not like particualr members of the Royal Family their is no great republican sentiment, most people still prefer the status quo.

So no matter how many people on forums bash the royals they are still immensly popular in the UK.

Also when you look at how Americans view their president and ex president and practically worship at their feet can you really say that there is a great deal of difference between how the peoples of each country view their heads of state.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
With all the big publicity going on,I don't see what a big deal is about this wedding.It's just a normal wedding,but with rich and well known people.Who really cares if 2 rich people decide to get married.I certainly don't.It looks boring ,anyhow.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The people should not pay for this.
I think a lot of people want to see this.
20% dont 80% do ?
this is good propergander.
to give the sheep some thing to think about.
it is better than blowing up buildings!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Still wondering how Harry's going to top that nazi costume.

Hmm.

Maybe he'll show up as Osama Bin Obama?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I totally don't care. I'm American, and all the news over here is reporting on the Royal Wedding. I saw one story where they had a 70 year old British man, he was wearing a British flag hat and jacket and pants, and he was camping out for the Royal Wedding since like last Friday. He even had pictures of the last Royal Wedding, he had meet the Queen or something. I was like what the hell is this, are they really like this? But of course not, I bet it's more like 90% of Britons don't give a damn in real life. The media in both of our countries is atrocious. And I have to agree, it's not just the US on this, but Britain also had a hand in creating the regimes in the middle east and south asia, and africa, that are now all getting destroyed by their respective populations.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I just read they will be bottling air that day to sell as a souvenir.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Does anybody else have a feeling that this is just a classic diversion tactic? Especially Outside of the UK. I mean I'm sorry but when the news ticker on a MSM channel is not only informing us but telling us that it is breaking news that William has decided not to wear a wedding band....... I'm sorry I just think that either something bad is going to happen or these two are being set up to be very important in the future, because no couple under any circumstances deserves this much attention especially two people who are essentially just rich and famous for being in a bloodline which does nothing more than an perpetuate an archaic and meaningless family.

Trowa

edit on 28/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

So the 80% anti poll was produced by a campaigning organization for a "Republic". No bias there then obviously.

I have never heard of them. How many were polled and how selected ? What were the questions ?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I thought we won a war so we wouldnt have to care about some inbred horse-faced weirdo and his 2nd cousin twat wasting countless dollars and hours.

Kings and Presidents alike should all be dragged through a desert until the screaming stops.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
The people should not pay for this.
I think a lot of people want to see this.
20% dont 80% do ?
this is good propergander.
to give the sheep some thing to think about.
it is better than blowing up buildings!

I was even pondering the thought 'Am I normal' , because I don't give a flying 'D'uck.

The media is quite a cheerleader for making a whole lot of somethin' out of nuthin', even to the point of making one feel abnormal for not caring.

What a diversion! What's going on in Japan, how's the air irradiation going?

Wedding!
Wedding!
Wedding!

I don't care AND I AM normal! (well, normal is a personally relative term)

Well, like someone else here said something like, It's all about the money, selling advertisements, trinkets and T-shirts, to milk it, they promote it.
Nobody at all would care if they did not shove it down our throats.

I tell people all the time that I can't wait and I am all giddy inside,..... for when it's all over and I no longer have to hear about the wedding anymore.

PS, YAWN

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Its more like 80% do care and will watch it on TV or even be in london, only a minority of people visit conspiracy websites that dont care.

If you visit here, scroll to bottom where the public vote comments:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

You will clearly see that the majority of the public who visit the daily mail website are against negative comments, people on this forum (the minority) create threads like this to try and make others believe that nobody cares, 80% dont care... hahaha, where do you live under a stone??

Tomorrow, when you see the streets of london lined with thousands and thousands and thousands of people... you come on here and tell me nobody cares, because your talking out your ass, people do care and thats why thousands of people are already camped in london before its even started, nobody cares about your republic view, only a very small minority, you probably have the same amount of followers as the BNP, so please, stop spreading false information just to make yourself feel better, im not expecting anyone to agree with me, because most normal people dont visit conspiracy forums, instead they are too busy getting on with their lives in the real world, i know this will be hard for you to read without raging, but its true

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by painterdude
It's been my impression that they don't care about this particular wedding. I doubt the infatuation with everything royal will ever disappear. I don't understand it, and I doubt they will understand our own infatuation with women's breasts.

This explains the popularity of Princess Diana collectibles in the USA. The Princess was noted for her outstanding breasts, and rightly so.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I believe Kate asked the Queen for advice on how to be a good Princess.

The Queen replied:
"Always wear your seatbelt, and NEVER piss me off"

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Its more like 80% do care and will watch it on TV or even be in london, only a minority of people visit conspiracy websites that dont care.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

You will clearly see that the majority of the public who visit the daily mail website are against negative comments, people on this forum (the minority) create threads like this to try and make others believe that nobody cares, 80% dont care... hahaha, where do you live under a stone??

Tomorrow, when you see the streets of london lined with thousands and thousands and thousands of people... you come on here and tell me nobody cares, because your talking out your ass, people do care and thats why thousands of people are already camped in london before its even started, nobody cares about your republic view, only a very small minority, you probably have the same amount of followers as the BNP, so please, stop spreading false information just to make yourself feel better, im not expecting anyone to agree with me, because most normal people dont visit conspiracy forums, instead they are too busy getting on with their lives in the real world, i know this will be hard for you to read without raging, but its true

Thousands of people still aren't a majority - sorry to pee on yer Daily Fail reading idiocy.
Perhaps people here SHOULD read more of the comments on that site though. Then they might realise it's reader base are holier than thou lower middle class knuckle draggers who'll believe anything they read & daren't leave the house. Now go back to having a ham shank over the Queen & let the grown ups tell you like it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well i can safely say that the 20% who do care are university students like myself. Just an excuse to go out and get drunk as so many clubs are celebrating it, e.g. the royal wedding drinking game, oh yeah and kate is banging fit! Apart from that i couldnt care less

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I now care even less about the royal wedding, becasue an unexpected vet bill has taken all my spare cash, and I can't go to the stay up forever crews acid techno wedding crashers ball @ Jamm in Brixton

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by Itop1

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thousands of people still aren't a majority - sorry to pee on yer Daily Fail reading idiocy.
Perhaps people here SHOULD read more of the comments on that site though. Then they might realise it's reader base are holier than thou lower middle class knuckle draggers who'll believe anything they read & daren't leave the house. Now go back to having a ham shank over the Queen & let the grown ups tell you like it is.

Truth hurts doesnt it? even when given polls and websites, even when a video gets released tomorrow of thousands of people, possibly millions in london, you will still deny it and keep living under your tiny rock which you like to call the conspiracy world

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So the average Joe in the UK are struggling to fuel there cars, feed their families, find a job, a poor justice system, immigration out of control, our roads are falling apart, fighting a pathetic war, our service men and women face losing their jobs, armed services with lack of kit (i bet harry and williams helicopters are always working) we have soldiers dying and the country wants to stop fir a sodding wedding. but to know that our taxpayers money is going towards a wedding, one I don't care about and two I have no interest or any knowledge about the couple getting married I find it disgusting. Everyone i have spoke to have said they are not interested. But hey I'll be out for the day so I don't have to sit in and flick through the 20 odd channels that will broadcasting it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
So the average Joe in the UK are struggling to fuel there cars, feed their families, find a job, a poor justice system, immigration out of control, our roads are falling apart, fighting a pathetic war, our service men and women face losing their jobs, armed services with lack of kit (i bet harry and williams helicopters are always working) we have soldiers dying and the country wants to stop fir a sodding wedding. but to know that our taxpayers money is going towards a wedding, one I don't care about and two I have no interest or any knowledge about the couple getting married I find it disgusting. Everyone i have spoke to have said they are not interested. But hey I'll be out for the day so I don't have to sit in and flick through the 20 odd channels that will broadcasting it.

What about the olympics, music festvals and all other public events that taxpayer moneys goes towards, you do realise that the middletons are paying for the wedding with their OWN money, right?? the taxpayer is just paying for public services like security, which happens at any public events, going by your theory we should do away with every public event and just be a really depressing country....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Truth hurts doesnt it? even when given polls and websites, even when a video gets released tomorrow of thousands of people, possibly millions in london, you will still deny it and keep living under your tiny rock which you like to call the conspiracy world

Shall I state the obvious and point out that you too are spending your precious time trolling the conspiracy sites that no one cares about.

The truth, in this case, is subjective. We will never know clearly what the majority view in this matter is.

Itop, it is your right to be a hypocrite if you must, but I cringe at your lack of self awareness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join