It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Event (Possible Spoilers)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
How many have been watching the Event?

Sure, it's not the best show on TV, but it kind of scratches the LOST itch for me, lately. Each episode keeps getting better and better, and takes some unexpected turns.

I really didn't see them actually incapacitating the President (or allowing the VP to actually take office).
edit on 28-4-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I watch it, now give me the spoilers.......LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well, the reason for spoilers in the title, is for anyone who isn't up to date on it. So, discussion can happen about what has happened, without spoiling it for people who are an episode behind, etc. (with SPOILER in the title, if they click here, well, they only have themselves to blame).

I'll tell you this though, that was NOT the Spanish flu (as mentioned in the episode).

The Spanish flu had only a 10-20% mortality rate (in 1918) (and of course, takes its course just like any other flu). These people (on the show) died horribly, in a fast manner, and very un-flu-like conditions.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Any news on if The Event is going to be renewed or is the story just going to drop? There can't be many eps left this season and there are a lot of loose ends.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nothing official yet. Most of the buzz seems to indicate a renewal, but nobody yet knows.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tonedef

I'm hoping the same for V; the end of last season was awsome

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Both shows are on the cusp. The ratings were not what they hoped for. Not good enough to guarantee renewal, but not bad enough to guarantee cancellation.

It really depends on whether the networks have faith in the future of the shows. These days, they aren't willing to give a show time to grow as much as in the past.

If either goes, I'd love to see SyFy pick it up.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I just started watching two weeks ago.

They should air reruns to draw more people to it and to allow people to catch up on past episodes. The official site for the show, along with hulu stopped showing the first episodes. I found a site where you can download all the past episodes and I was able to get all caught up on the storyline over two weekends and now I'm ready for the new episode Monday.

I am officially hooked on it, the storyline takes so many twists and turns, I hope they don't cancel it, I need to know how it ends!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Unfortunately, we may not find out. They cancelled it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah I saw they got the axe.

Hopefully some other channel picks up the show.

new topics

top topics

join