It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to send our extra-terrestrial neighbours a new message (and what should it be) ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Back in the 1970's NASA got alot of publicity for their attempt to put us on the galactic map.

The Pioneer plaques are a pair of gold-anodized aluminium plaques which were placed on board the 1972 Pioneer 10 and 1973 Pioneer 11 spacecraft, featuring a pictorial message, in case either Pioneer 10 or 11 are intercepted by extraterrestrial life. The plaques show the nude figures of a human male and female along with several symbols that are designed to provide information about the origin of the spacecraft.

The Pioneer spacecraft were the first human-built objects to leave the solar system. The plaques were attached to the spacecraft's antenna support struts in a position that would shield them from erosion by stellar dust.

The Voyager Golden Record, a much more complex and detailed message using (then) state-of-the-art media, was attached to the Voyager spacecraft launched in 1977.

en.wikipedia.org...

Our world (and science in general) has moved on in leaps and bounds since then and it makes me wonder if it is time for the next attempt at sending our space brothers a postcard.
This of course raises many questions.

1. In what form should the message be sent ?
2. Is there any information that should be left out ?
3. Do we presume that the recipients have prior knowledge of us (lets face it most people on this site think we
have been visited for a long time) ?
4. In what direction should the message be sent (Zeta Reticular perhaps) ?
5. Do you think it is a waste of time ?
6. Has another message been sent out already ?
7. Would this be pointless because you think TPTB are in communication already ?

Views please.

edit on 26/4/11 by CrashRetrieval because: Correction.

edit on 26/4/11 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Come on down, sit a spell, we got beer, wings and babes!!

S&F for you
Good thread

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"For petes sake what are you waiting for! We are ready already!!"

Ok in jest maybe but I think we should ask for help, in management and life in general we are tuaght there is no shame in asking for help if we truly need it.

I think we truly need it. However, we might not like the solutions available.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We welcome you wholeheartedly, now, let us just show you how to start destroying your very own planet.....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

Is it time to send our extra-terrestrial neighbours new message (and what should it be) ?

"Help! Please help!"

I know it sounds desperate, but it seems that nothing on earth can help us. Some extra-terrestrial help right now would not hurt. Let's just hope they don't have a taste for humans

edit on 26-4-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

May I welcome you our new overlords & may I assure you I would be good in helping round up all the others to slave in your mines.

edit on 26-4-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Avoid this planet at all costs.
1) The humanoid inhabitants, have no respect for their planet.
2) They are founded on misguided beliefs.
3) They are a very dishonest and greedy lot.
4) They have little respect for any other life form.
5) The foundation of their societies are built on fraud and greed.
6) They will defiantly kill you and study your bits given the opportunity.
7) They have little respect for anything living.
8) They are an insane lot who largely thrive on killing each other and everything else.
9) They largely live in denial and will deny everything until the media tells them its true
10) Some humans are good but often these are outnumbered by the bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
At this point, given the way we have destroyed the environment and the fact that as a species we seem to be regressing, it should be nothing short of a distress call.

I figure right about now some far off civilization is receiving a broadcast of Hitler's rantings and has all but written us off as intelligent or civilized.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have a towel, lets ride.

That would be my message. Give me a heads up as to syntax/format and I'll carve it into the clear-cut next to a buddy of mine's camp then sit and wait.

To be serious though (and assumming a lot of if's) if they are watching I think that they will have already received the true message from our species LOUD AND CLEAR...

Not Ready
edit on 26-4-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsend
Avoid this planet at all costs.
1) The humanoid inhabitants, have no respect for their planet.
2) They are founded on misguided beliefs.
3) They are a very dishonest and greedy lot.
4) They have little respect for any other life form.
5) The foundation of their societies are built on fraud and greed.
6) They will defiantly kill you and study your bits given the opportunity.
7) They have little respect for anything living.
8) They are an insane lot who largely thrive on killing each other and everything else.
9) They largely live in denial and will deny everything until the media tells them its true
10) Some humans are good but often these are outnumbered by the bad.

Great answers. I was thinking of answering all the questions the OP asked one by one in a similar way, but I was too lazy.

BTW, those were some great questions you posed OP

edit on 26-4-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I think we should send an interstellar Dear John letter. Nothing fancy, simply:
Dear Alien John,
By the time you receive this, we will all be gone.
With much love and admiration;
Earth.

Of course, I fit into the minority that believes that TPTB, are already chatty with them, and they could be planning a mass cleansing of the planet. Actually, considering that fact, a Dear John to all other aliens not bent on wiping us out, would be appropriate.

As for the form, I figure we'd just leave a solar powered satellite in orbit (just like a Dear John letter), that broadcasts the signal, to be picked up by anyone who happens to fly close enough to hear it.
edit on 26-4-2011 by judgiebegoode because: How to pass on the message

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm thinking more along the lines of just putting up few warning beacons:

"QUARANTINE IN EFFECT! Do not land here. If an emergency landing is necessary, cloak you vehicle and DO NOT disembark. Dial Galactic 911 and remain in your vehicle until help arrives."

ETA: Ah. I see that similar but better answers have been given while I was composing this. But yeah: Maybe in a few hundred years we'll be fit for civilized company....
edit on 26-4-2011 by Ex_CT2 because: No reason stated.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Ex_CT2 because: Punctuation correction.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

post by CrashRetrieval
Is it time to send our extra-terrestrial neighbours a new message

It's already been done , back in 08 Bebo members sent 501 photos, drawings and text messages to Gliese 581C via a giant radio-telescope in Ukraine , the message should arrive in 2029 .
The question is how they will feel about receiving 500 spam messages from Bebo users

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

S.O.S.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is a school. They're here and always have been. Basically the wrong ones are in control of various countries and slave pens. and we're needing to see through the world and put our relationship problems and ways of relating to others into order. To see past the materialism and politics and care enough to want equality, complete with slavery, expectations of work, but opportunities to contribute, like the Venus project but in our grass roots ways, not bloodline run as I suspect it is, and to have no wars, not follow bad orders, not harm anyone. To wish no harm on anyone for they're family.

When we grow up more in the school, we have experiences, many of us already, and wake up calls from them.

We can turn negative experiences with them or more fear based ones around by growing up with more love in the school and praying, seeking, and giving Love more opportunity to do works in this more negative world, the frequency of this more negative planet gives the more negative side leeway and permissions to work. And its all based on consequences to actions and frequency. Love or negativity.

This world is already very involved with ET. The leaders are both connected to them, and some are them.

Need to more searching and wake up more.

what kind of a message would you give a fascist, love of power group of ETs that doesn't care about the suffering of others, running this planet?

What kind of a message would you give those with Love watching over, or rather, could you, or would you feel challenged, to take responsibility for this and work through the blocks to your unconditional love for others and problems more, and only grateful, appreciative and so happy if they show up and wake you up more?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"please stop by our planet soon space chaps, we are tearing our planet to bits with many paranoid humans following many crazy stories and doing crazy things as a result. Making your presence known on a world scale, would really help us to sort out the problems we have and help devide the fact from the fiction.

cheers,

oh and by the way, we will have a loverly cup of tea wating for you by the time your lower limbs or whatever touch the earth, ready for a really nice chat about the universe"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"When you leave, can I go with you?? Please?"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Dear johnny alien dude,

your welcome to chill out, enjoy the booze and the babes.

one thing though, dont ask us where our leaders Birth certificate, cause he aint showin it

yours truly,

hillbilly bubba

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Extraterrestrials are trying to intervene with human beings to slow down the path of mutual destruction we are heading towards and extinction of life on earth through pollution and deliberate depopulation.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Actually, SETI have been sending high powered high frequency signals out into space for decades. It's actually more efficient then the Pioneer plaques because the signals have left our solar system where the Pioneer hasn't. Another attempt at sending out a 'postcard' isn't at all productive if you wan't to find aliens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join