It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Love Dance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I do.

I'm glad to see that Savion Glover is teaching now - spreading the joy.

In 2010 he was a guest on The Colbert Report.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Its one of humanities greatest pleasures, I love to dance. My little grandaughter whenever I put on music loves it when I hold her up and she moves her little legs as though she were on the dance floor she smiles away with sheer pleasure.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Even after nearly a year of ballroom dance classes, the only one I can do even halfway decent, is a hustle (which isn't really that ballroom, but one of the ones we learned).

I can at least identify which styles go with which music though, and I can recognize a foxtrot, waltz, tango, etc. when I see it. I just suck at trying to do them.

The wife convinced me of course, so we took the lessons, but it's just one thing that would take me a LOT longer to do well. The funny part, is once I know something, I can do it fairly decently, and even lead well.

I did learn one very important thing, or secret.

HERE'S WHY WOMEN LOVE A GOOD DANCER....

If a guy knows how to dance, he can make even a non-dancing gal look like Ginger Rogers on the floor (for the younger crowd, she was a famous dancer even before my time).

Seriously, my wife would dance with various pros, and they made it look like SHE knew what she was doing. Amazing really, how that works. This is why women love a man who can dance.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'd rather dance than walk or breath.

I dance alone, with others, danced with my horses, my chickens and geese, even with God on occasion when He's not busy.

I dance with hope and joy and sometimes infinite sadness.

I danced with my Lucy until she was gone. Now I dance around her grave swaying with the flowers planted there. I danced her to heaven and dancing is how I will follow her there.

I dance for and with the volcano (here) and for the sea, and when I spin I get a glimpse of them both.

I dance in my dreams and memories and sometimes with my old garden coat clutched to me like the mud that splatters my bare feet.

I've danced under the ocean, on a boat, in a plane, on the ground, and today in the mud and rain...

Cut my legs off and I promise you I will still dance.

I've danced with lovers and hope to again.

I've danced slow and fast, with arms outspread and with my own arms wrapped around me when there are no arms there to hold me close anymore, no arm to spin me about and pull me back again.

I dance to a tunes on the radio, the pluck of a guitar, the sway of a bow on strings, to my own voice and the voice of others, the whisper of a morning wind, the crash and boom of a thunderstorm, the titter and base of frogs and crickets, the tinkle of snow falling on crunchy ice, and the soft tympani and pitter-pattering of tears falling around my feet.

And everything in between...

Yes, I love to dance...

peace

edit on 26-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
OMG!

This video brought tears to my eyes and gave me goosebumps:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I'm glad to see that Savion Glover is teaching now - spreading the joy.

In this video, he says that dancing for him is a state of meditation or instrumentation:

top topics

join