It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days to go untill Britains biggest ever media event!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
...but then again people cant see the positive side to these events, they only see the nagative.

Umm, yeah. Because there are a thousand other things that's more important then some "royal" wedding and the money being wasted on security. Granted, it's great that these guys now have a job, but how long will that last? A day? I just have a very poor outlook on royalty in general, not just yours.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Oh come on please, no offense but why do people like you allways slag off the royal family when you clearly dont know anything about what they do, couldnt give a flying about anyone other than themselves? really?

so then explain to me these charities....

The Princes Trust
Sentabale
All the money that harry and william raised for charity from the concert they did for their mum Diana

I could go on, the Royal Family are allways doing stuff and raising money for charity, and the amount Diana did for charity is astronomical.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

"People like me" ???

Do you know me?

What exactly are you getting at with that statement?

I am not slagging off the Royal Family, i am just giving my opinion on this over hyped Wedding of theirs.

They may give to charities and even set some up, but do they really care about the average person that's getting their knickers in a twist over this event? Of course they don't. Would they help you out if you were on your last legs and in despreate need? No, they wouldn't.

To me, The Royal Family are just as insignificant as You or I in the grand scheme of things and i find it slightly worrying that so many people are getting so excited about this wedding, when theres so many more rewarding things in life to get excited about.
edit on 26-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
...... I don't mind them being there and I suppose they are a good figure-head for the country but we pay wayyyyyy too much tax just to fund their amazing lifestyle.

I'm not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination but that is incorrect....in 2009 it cost 62p per head to maintain The Royal Family, hardly a large amount.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Unfortunately the next generation of people living in the UK are being *dragged* up by one parent families that really dont give a toss about society, the days of respecting your elders are gone and the days of "me me me" are here, the days of brainwashed people that dont give a crap about anything else but themselves are here, and here to stay, you say the Royal Family are useless, well let me tell you, they are more useful than YOU, they work hard, they give and do work for charity, they visit people in time of need,

What do you do? You sit on your fat ass drinking beer and eating while watching you favourite soap, then you log on to the internet every day and moan about how # the world is and how next month we are all gonna die from a meteor impact, the new generation of people are so ignorant they cant be told ANYTHING.

The future is Bright, the future is Orange. (not)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Unfortunately the next generation of people living in the UK are being *dragged* up by one parent families that really dont give a toss about society, the days of respecting your elders are gone and the days of "me me me" are here, the days of brainwashed people that dont give a crap about anything else but themselves are here, and here to stay, you say the Royal Family are useless, well let me tell you, they are more useful than YOU, they work hard, they give and do work for charity, they visit people in time of need,

What do you do? You sit on your fat ass drinking beer and eating while watching you favourite soap, then you log on to the internet every day and moan about how # the world is and how next month we are all gonna die from a meteor impact, the new generation of people are so ignorant they cant be told ANYTHING.

Wow, i really hope this is not aimed at me.

Because you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

You do realise that there are many hard working, charity giving people, that help others in need throughout the world that if put together would trump everything that the Royal Family has ever done.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Royal wedding. Could care less....

But what amazes me is that it seems that people are worshiping these people like they are gods of some sort. Big deal... waste of money, time and everything else.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If it weren't for the pretent anarchists in balaclavas and the idiot 'Real IRA' group we wouldn't have to spend half as much on security.
Fortunately you don't have to be a royalist to enjoy a bit of pomp and circumstance.
I'll be avoiding the inevitable long run up and watching the key bits. The way things are going in the world, this could be our last chance to enjoy a bit of history and spectacle.
Some folk may call this superficial. Frankly I don't give a stuff.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Wow, i really hope this is not aimed at me.

Because you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

No its not aimed at you, infact its not aimed at anyone in particular, but its true, if you go back 60 years things were much different, the younger generation had respect for their elders, people had pride, people respected each other, now society has gone down the drain, nobody cares for anything but themselves, anti social behaviour is rampent and the future looks very dim.

And just to quote the person above, never a truer statement said.

The way things are going in the world, this could be our last chance to enjoy a bit of history and spectacle.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

What are you talking about. You are so wrong. I personally wasnt dragged up, come from good hard working. No one parent. I have family of my own and children both grown up and young. Teach my children good manners and to respect their elders but I also teach them to never feel any less than equal and to look peole in the eye. I, nor they are selfish people. Just decent minds of their own. People who work and pay their taxes etc etc. And if you more evidence then how about extremely well educated!

They are massive parasites!

By the way im not fat, actually quite fit 93 kilos and 6ft tall. Have a beer maybe once a week.

The future is what we make it, regardless of blind ignorant fools like yourself. You need a good dose of wake up, sucker!

There 2 major problems with this earth and they are simply religion and royalty/elitists.

Oh and in case you were wondering. I come from a working class family but got educated, worked hard and now not poor. Nor do I live in the UK because its a rip off!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I edited this into my last post, but will stick it here too.

You do realise that there are many hard working, charity giving people, that help others in need throughout the world that if put together would trump everything that the Royal Family has ever done.

So tell me, do you think the Royal Family are more important then these people?

and if you do, why?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The secret language of the royalist..
He'll soon be camped outside the church waving Will's & Kate on, but what's he really all about?

What he say's...
I researched my family tree recently and it turns out I'm actually distantly related to the royals. Which is probably why I feel so naturally close to them.

What he means...
All it'd take for me to become King of England would be for 77 different people to die in a series of bizarre but completely unrelated incidents. Some might be poisoned, others die in car crashes, while some might just completely disappear from view. Couldn't happen though could it. Could it?

What he says...
I'm looking forward to the wedding of William & Kate. Even if she isn't of true regal descent, I'm sure she'll make a terrific Queen one day.

What he means...
That child shouldn't even be allowed to lick the gravel at Buckingham Palace, let alone marry into the greatest family in the history of the world. It's bas enough that the young prince is descended from that ghastly Diana witch, but to weaken the gene-pool further is a global disgrace and should not be tolerated.

What he says...
It's my lifetime ambition to be invited to one of Her Majesty's awfully refined garden parties. It's not happened as yet, but one lives in eternal hope.

What he means...
I just don't know what else I can do to get an invite. I've tried writing polite letters, I've sent recordings of my songs about Her Majesty, I've tried posting photos of myself in my Union Jack underwear. I've even sent a series of portraits of the Queen that I've done on large, cracked mirrors, painted with my own blood. Still nothing. Those secret service fellas have been round for a few quiet chats with me, but no invitation yet.

What he says...
It was a terrible tragedy when Princess Diana died back in 1997. She was so young, with so much still to give.

What he means...
I was delighted when she perished. She betrayed her husband, the Queen as a result, every citizen of this great nation. Some say there was a conspiracy to kill her - I say I'd expect nothing less!

What he says...
Our Queen and the rest of her family are the fabric of this Great nation. They should be celebrated and cherished.

What he means...
I've got a lifelike inflatable dummy of the Queen that I had custom-made. Facially, she looks like she did on her silver jubilee in 1977. Anatomically, she's like Lara Croft, a young actress I noticed in a late night movie a few years ago. My wife is dead...

Curtesy of Front.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

If people got on with their own lives and enjoyed more of the good things in life, instead of following doom prophacies and conspiracy all day every day the world would be a much happier place to live,

Sure, it would be happier, but we would also be mindless drones of the elite. So if I have to pick, I choose being not-happy and talking about doom and gloom. Sorry

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When I was a little girl, I grew up in a small town, poor, etc.. Diana was my fairy tale! I didn't know about what a dick she married, didn't care, I loooooved her. She was my idol, so pretty and she seemed SO nice, and caring for everyone so much less fortunate than her. One of my other favorite things was babies, so when she had a baby, I was SO thrilled for her.. ( I was like 7 )

Her boys went through alot of crap, not being able to grow up like 'normal' kids, not being able to spend a normal day with their mom, never knowing what it was like to even go to the mall with their buddies, etc etc.. THEN they had to go through the tragedy they went through. Their number one fan, their MOM, died, pretty much in front of the world. I can't even imagine going through that anguish with the world watching!

I'm THRILLED that William found someone that is willing to put up with the s*** she's going to have to put up with, because she loves him.. I will definitely be recording the wedding, and watching it with a box of tissues, and I will hope that they have a happy long marriage together!!

I know that's worth nothing to alot of you, but it's kind of what the OP was asking for, a nice chat about something that at least SOME of us enjoy!!
SO enjoy it those of you that are looking forward to it!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

No its not aimed at you, infact its not aimed at anyone in particular,

Good, i'm glad.

but its true

Not for everyone.

if you go back 60 years things were much different, the younger generation had respect for their elders, people had pride, people respected each other

Yes, it was different 60 years ago, but things change.

now society has gone down the drain

Yes, society is going fown the drain. But sometimes with change, things can get worse before they get any better.

nobody cares for anything but themselves

Again, not everyone.

anti social behaviour is rampent

Yes it is, but as i said above. Sometimes with change, things can get worse before they get any better.

and the future looks very dim.

That all depends on a persons perspective. The future is what you make it. You can spend all your time worrying about the state of the world and todays society, or you can go out and seek your own happiness.

Just because there is going to be a Royal Wedding. It doesn't change the fact that society is going down the pan, It doesn't change the fact that Anti-Social behaviour is Rampant, It doesn't change the fact that things are different from what they used to be 60 years ago. It's not going to make anyone respect eachother any more, or any less, it's not going to make people respect their elders or have pride in themselves. It's just a wedding.

If it makes you happy for a couple of hours, good for you. But things will still be the same when it's over.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
Its a big joke! Oh and they are German not English! All I have to say to snobby Kate is, remember D

lol snobby, she is a commoner her family are as normal as mine and any one born here is english

after edit- the hype and way people are worshiping them is sickening though
edit on 26/4/11 by Aceofclubs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

[
You should get off the internet once and a while and get out in to the real world, you know there arent any aliens that wanna suck out your brains

What on Earth are you ranting about? Where in my post did I say anything about "alien brain-suckers"??

Are you sure you haven't opened the champagne to celebrate early??

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

My ancestry is from Wales (though my family has been here in the US since the 1800s and we're firmly American), but I still have a fondness for the tradition of the monarchy. (and, they often do serve their nation in charitable causes, goodwill relations, etc.). I still remember Diana's wedding, and seeing those two boys grow up. I think Diana would be very proud of her sons.

I know people will naysay the cost of a monarchy, etc., but I don't think they understand that to the English, the monarchy isn't just a figurehead, it's part of the "soul" of the nation, part of its identity. Indeed, it's the heart of the nation.

It's nice to have some romanticism now and then. It certainly is turning into quite the media circus. Still, how often do we have a chance to watch history in the making. I, for one, will take the opportunity.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Im Scottish and i gotta say that i really could not give a toss about this event.
Just because its "Royalty" every one is going off the rails about this.
Just another snobby event for the rich.
Do they have to graft hard every day to make a living,erm no they dont.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What people forget is that the royal family isnt like what it was a hundred years ago, the majority of british like the royal family because it is Iconic, its what makes britian, britian, without the royal family we wouldnt have buckingham palace of half the landmarks and attractions we do now, yes sure you can get rid of them now and we would still have the attractions, but if we never had them we wouldnt have anything iconic except cheddar cheese and somerset cider.

I'm proud to be british and what a great city london is, surely i dont bow down for the queen but we have them to thank for having such an interesting city.

Ok being a fellow Brit, i would just like to point out a couple of things....

1) I beg to differ that the "majority" of the British public like the Royal Family, prsonally I find them repulsive waste of resources, and an endless money pit, at the tax payers expense, and for what ? they have nothing which makes them anymore special than any other human on the planet.

2) Iconic ? really, I refer to point "1", why should we try to define ourselves as British by association of certain people, and buildings, Britain is iconic because it is formed of British people, its the people that matter.

3) It's Britain

Sorry couldn't help myself, but at this rate I am going to need rehab just to get over the whole deal, I never asked for it, and yet it is in my face 24/7, personally I take a very cynical view, and believe the whole thing to be a distraction from the real issues Britain is facing, such as the austerity measures that are now biting, and rendering the British people insolvent.

I am proud to say that I shall be working on Friday

Hope you enjoy the coverage though

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What people forget is that the royal family isnt like what it was a hundred years ago, the majority of british like the royal family because it is Iconic, its what makes britian, britian, without the royal family we wouldnt have buckingham palace of half the landmarks and attractions we do now, yes sure you can get rid of them now and we would still have the attractions, but if we never had them we wouldnt have anything iconic except cheddar cheese and somerset cider.

I'm proud to be british and what a great city london is, surely i dont bow down for the queen but we have them to thank for having such an interesting city.

So all that is worth throwing billions of tax payers money on this?? They cut the welfare, stipends for the average joe because they dont have money but yet throw away billions for something you call iconic...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join