It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days to go untill Britains biggest ever media event!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
reply to post by Misterlondon

They are not nasty comments but well founded opinion backed by 75% of the uk population!

what opinion do 75% of the population agree with.. the royal family are german, or kate has to be carfull and remember what happen to diana?
id love to see this poll.. do you have a link?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Originally posted by Itop1
most people i know in the real world are looking forward to the day,

Really? Well the only people I know in this country who are "looking forward" to it are bored housewives who will watch it just to kill time until Oprah comes on.
I'm sorry, but I will not be "celebrating" anything to do with people like this:

You should get off the internet once and a while and get out in to the real world, you know there arent any aliens that wanna suck out your brains or some super secret organisation wanting to kill you
like i said, majority of the UK public show interest in the royal wedding.

Over half of Britons will watch royal wedding - poll
uk.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Its a big joke! Oh and they are German not English! All I have to say to snobby Kate is, remember D

You sound like your reallllllllllllly jelous lol.

It is a really nice event. I'm British yet I don't really care about the Royal Family. I don't mind them being there and I suppose they are a good figure-head for the country but we pay wayyyyyy too much tax just to fund their amazing lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

How can you say that when you read the Sun. Most people are far more in touch with reality than the Sun's view of the world. The Sun is not read and note "taken seriously" by any form of intelligence!

Learn UK royalty history!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here is a poll that was conducted by the Sunday Mirror

William has made a good choice of bride in Kate Middleton
Agree: 74%
Disagree: 2%
Don’t know: 25%

• Women are more positive than men, with 77% of women compared to 70% of men saying that they agree with this.
• People aged 65 or over stand out from the crowd, with 82% of all people aged 65 or over saying that they agree, in comparison to smaller percentages for other age groups.

The marriage will be happier and longer lasting than Diana’s was to Prince Charles
Agree: 63%
Disagree: 1%
Don’t know: 36%

• Again, women (68%) are more likely to agree than men (58%).
• There is a trend by social group. 61% of people in social group AB agree, compared to 68% in group DE.

I am pleased that there will be a royal wedding in 2011
Agree: 61%
Disagree: 15%
Don’t know: 25%

• Strikingly, women (70%) are a lot more likely to be pleased there is a royal wedding than men (51%).
• There is a trend by age – 54% of people aged 18-24 agree, compared to 68% of people aged 65 or over.

Princess Diana would have been please with William’s choice of bride
Agree: 76%
Disagree: 1%
Don’t know: 23%

• Again, it is women and those in older age groups who are most likely to agree.

Charles should step aside to allow William to become King after the Queen’s death
Agree: 42%
Disagree: 41%
Don’t know:18%

• There is a trend by social group - people in social groups AB (38%) and C1 (41%) are less likely to agree than people in groups C2 (42%) and DE (47%).

Kate Middleton is not grand enough to one day be Queen of England
Agree: 5%
Disagree: 80%
Don’t know: 15%

SOURCE
edit on 26-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Polls about a marriage not about royalty. What are people going to say!!
Goodnight.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

Polls about a marriage not about royalty. What are people going to say!!
Goodnight.

And if you read the thread this is about the Royal Wedding, not about whether we should keep the royal family
Goodnight.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

So you think this is Britians biggest ever media event? You the "Sun" reader? You belive that? What about the 1966 world cup? Or waht about the next Olympics. I think the numbers would pale into insignificance in comparision. Wakeup! This is a media mirage and all cleverly designed and orchestrated. Its all designed to detach some of the folk (as many as possible) from reality and the truth about their mundane society imposed lives. Keep reading the Sun!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

So you think this is Britians biggest ever media event? You the "Sun" reader? You belive that? What about the 1966 world cup? Or waht about the next Olympics. I think the numbers would pale into insignificance in comparision. Wakeup! This is a media mirage and all cleverly designed and orchestrated. Its all designed to detach some of the folk (as many as possible) from reality and the truth about their mundane society imposed lives. Keep reading the Sun!

I'm not a sun reader, but the Sun was one of many papers that conducted a poll with the british public about the royal wedding and every poll, including the sun came out FOR the royal wedding, i was using the sun as an example because its one of the most well known, read papers in the UK, even if it does post a silly article now and again, but 95% of the articles in the sun are in every other newspaper, the sun just gives articles funny titles and adds a bit of humour... if you took notice of that instead of taking everything so serious you would know, the sun is particularly known because of Page 3.

And if you read my original post i acctually wrote

"one of the biggest media events EVER" .... hence the word "one"... so its amongst others.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Its not even close!!
enjoy the event.
Long live the memory of Thomas Cromwell.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There's actually going to be a street party on my road for this.

I'm all for looking into the positive things in life, but i find all the hype about this event quite ridiculous.

"Oh, but if you don't watch it you're just a sad cynical person and need to look on the brighter side of life"

There are many more positive and happy things in life then watchng a Royal Wedding on the TV. Go out into the real world and seek it rather then expecting to get it through your TV screen, or from people who wouldn't even P*** on you if you were on fire.
edit on 26-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

Its not even close!!
enjoy the event.
Long live the memory of Thomas Cromwell.

I thought you were going? anyway, thanks
me along with billions of other people will enjoy the events.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
There's actually going to be a street party on my road for this.

I'm all for looking into the positive things in life, but i find all the hype about this event quite ridiculous.

"Oh, but if you don't watch it you're just a sad cynical person and need to look on the brighter side of life"

There are many more positive and happy things in life then watchng a Royal Wedding on the TV. Go out into the real world and seek it rather then expecting to get it through your TV screen.

I was referring to the people that live on the internet and get their main source of news from places like infowars....
There are lots of positive things about life, i agree, but you wont find them on the internet, and the reality is, most people are looking forward to this event, whether you or anyone else on here likes it or not.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I see most of this kind of stuff as a huge tax payer rip off. Same thing with the Norwegian royal family. We have people afraid to turn up their heater during the winter months and freezing to death because electricity is so darn expensive here. But yet, Mette Marit (Norwegian "princess") can go buy a dress for 10,000 dollars.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Dream! Billions? only 6 on earth and 5.94 of them hate the english. and why? did you study history at all or anything for that matter. You should not suppose what I am or will do becaue I would be sure to surprise you!!! But rest assured I wont be blindly led like a fool.
Enjoy!! Thats the point of the whole exercise! Then more bad news later.
edit on 26-4-2011 by RoguePhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
reply to post by Itop1

I see most of this kind of stuff as a huge tax payer rip off. Same thing with the Norwegian royal family. We have people afraid to turn up their heater during the winter months and freezing to death because electricity is so darn expensive here. But yet, Mette Marit (Norwegian "princess") can go buy a dress for 10,000 dollars.

The wedding will be paid for by the middletons, the taxpayer will be paying for the security but that is no different from any other events such as olympics, sports and major music festivals, it keeps people in a job and creates more jobs for the unemployed, such as street cleaners, but then again people cant see the positive side to these events, they only see the nagative.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

and 5.94 of them hate the english.

The most idiotic comment i've ever read, and where is your proof of this?? ofcourse their isnt any.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I was refering to my own experience of telling people i am not interested in watching it.

Each to their own really. But it's a sad state of affairs when all people have to look forward to is a wedding between two people they don't even know. Two people and their families that couldn't give a flying &*$% about anyone other than themselves. Flaunting their wealth when everybody else is in such dire starights.
edit on 26-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by Itop1

I was refering to my own experience of telling people i am not interested in watching it.

Each to thier own really, but it's a sad state of affairs when all people have to look forward to is a wedding between two people they don't even know. Two people and their families that couldn't give a flying about anyone other than themselves. Flaunting their wealth when everybody else is in such dire starights.

Oh come on please, no offense but why do people like you allways slag off the royal family when you clearly dont know anything about what they do, couldnt give a flying about anyone other than themselves? really?

so then explain to me these charities....

The Princes Trust
Sentabale
All the money that harry and william raised for charity from the concert they did for their mum Diana

I could go on, the Royal Family are allways doing stuff and raising money for charity, and the amount Diana did for charity is astronomical.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Like the vast majority of people who I know I really don't give a toss either way about this wedding or The Royal Family.
However, like any newly wed couple I wish them well for the future, I suspect they'll need it.

There has been zero applications for street parties in the town where I live but with it being a Public Holiday I suspect there may be a few people watching in the pubs, something we are particularly renowned for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join