It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: The "Secret Language Codes" Used by Doctors and Drug Companies (Illusion of Disease)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This is so true. I got really sick in the summer of 2001 and was in the critical condition from attack from a Encephalitis virus, which took me 6 month took get out of. After I got out, the sick and I'm disabled (limited stamina) mentality settled in and didn't help me recover at all. Instead it prolonged my recovery until I was prepared to ditch the I'm sick and disabled mentality. When I did ditch it, all this new healing energy settled in and is really affecting my behaviors positively. The point is that our mind and consciousness including positive outlook affect our health far more than we realized.

She was a type-1 diabetes sufferer, and she talked about the disease as "my diabetes." She described the pharmaceuticals she was taking for hormone balance as "my medicine," and her description of her bone health included the admission that she had a disease called "osteoporosis" that caused her bones to become fragile.

It didn't take long to realize there was something odd about her choice of words. This wasn't the way healthy people talk... it was almost like she was speaking some sort of alien language that had been taught to her by doctors and health authorities -- a language that kept her trapped in a system of medical control.

That's when it hit me: She had adopted a new language of disease victimization that practically guaranteed she would stay sick forever! The owning of disease ("my" cancer), the possessive pronouns describing pharmaceuticals ("my" medicine), the belief in a condition called osteoporosis that causes fragile bones (hint: It's the other way around, see below)... it was all part of a new language of personal disempowerment being taught to patients by doctors and medical authorities! You might call it "medical psychobabble..." or the language of "anti-self-improvement."

I discovered that before patients come into contact with western doctors regarding a health complaint, they only experience symptoms of discomfort or concern. They generally believe those symptoms have an underlying physiological cause, and that the symptoms are reversible.

But after contact with western doctors, everything changes! Their beliefs suddenly shift, and they now believe they have a "disease" (with a technical-sounding Latin name) and that their disease is incurable and can only be "managed" by medication or surgery.

edit on 26-4-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

Go to the site, it was too long, 7 pages:
www.naturalnews.com...
edit on 26-4-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What is this secret language?All i see is people being manipulated by people they are taught to believe,where is the "secret Language" part?While I agree that we seem to adopt a "worse case scenario" type of thinking when it comes to most medical diagnoses,I just don't see this "secret language"
edit on 26-4-2011 by gary714 because: I always put the keyboard before the horse sense

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

You are so right! To recover from any illness/injury requires a positive strength of mind as well as body. I recommend using modern medical treatments but a constant positive state of mind must be maintained or the "Sick" mentality will sink in and stay with you! forever. I believe "Hypochondria" is a real medical condition. In a lot of cases as the patient mentally believes they will not get better (regardless who put them there) and they are stuck in this "sick" state of mind for ever when they could be better off. Even if its not curable!

Good luck to you for overcoming your own odds and good health in the future!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is a really good article, not entirely what I was expecting based on the title, but that's okay

Negative self talk can be REALLY crippling and having a victim mentality can do more damage than what caused a person to feel that way in the first place. It all depends on perspective.
The Dr.'s can say you're weak because you have some sort of illness, but you don't have to listen to them.
The fact is we have our own perspectives and we can recreate ourselves every second of our lives! No matter what problem or diagnosis or struggle we face!
For a while now I've been feeling paralyzed and overcome by "my anxiety" lol, and I've realized that it's time to ditch all the negative # and take action with my life. Direction, not intention, works better in my opinion. Intention just leads to more thought, while direction leads to action. Not that intention isn't important of course

Thanks for this article, it was just what I needed to jump start my day

edit on 26-4-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Great story, my friend. I'm glad to hear you're on a quick road to recovery. Willpower plays a huge role in recovering from tragedies such as this. I have what can be called "proof," as far as my understanding of the word goes.

It's just a darn shame that this isn't always the case.

My aunt has suffered from a seizure that occurred about 14 years ago, until now. After about six months (following her seizure), she was entirely unable to move anything below her waist. However, nine months ago, while attending therapy, she miraculously (for lack of a better term) decided to STAND out of her wheelchair. She has not been able to do so since. Nobody, doctors especially, have any explanation for this. She "stood tall" for roughly 45 seconds, to the astonishment of my Uncle, and the two therapists who were present. Once she sat down, she began to, doctor's words: ramble, about "willing myself to stand up," or "made myself stand upon command."

Unfortunately, this event blew past, just like any leaves in an autumn wind. Had I been present, you can bet I would have been asking some serious questions. Though doubtful as the answers would seem, I would still have asked. It's quite obvious that my Uncle cannot answer them.

I wish you the best of luck, OP, and hope things continue to go well for you.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 26-4-2011 by Strype because: sp

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yes, medical terminology is like an alien language sometimes, but, being disabled for many years, I have learned the language well, especially concerning my own case. Some doctors are put off when you know more about your particular illness or affliction, just recently I had to file a complaint against one who argued that his "10 years of medical school" told him different from what I said was wrong. (I had an infected, ingrown toenail, he said there was no infection) The hospital was nice about it, and all I requested what a better bedside manner for the doctor, nothing more.

new topics

top topics

join