It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nibiru" is a Hoax and nothing more

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

And once again more disinfo from the Nibiru crowd. While I can't find an identification for the first object it is at least 100 light-years away and possibly billions of light-years away. The second object, as stated in the article you posted, was a spent rocket stage. The final object is light-years away and was identified as a gas cloud. So, once again none of these even have a remote possibility of being the "mythical" Nibiru and the Nibiru crowd needs to stop labeling every newly discovered object in space as such.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
yes we should all take the good doctors advice and say no the is no planet X, Nibiru. Before you say anteing else read this then take 2 aspirin, and post to me in the morning www.universetoday.com... from the link

2012: No Planet X

by Ian O'Neill on May 25, 2008

Will Planet X cause mayhem in 2012? Nope.
Apparently, Planet X (a.k.a. Nibiru) was spotted by astronomers in the early 1980′s in the outermost reaches of the Solar System. It has been tracked by infrared observatories; seen lurking around in the Kuiper Belt and now it is speeding right toward us and will enter the inner Solar System in 2012. So what does this mean to us? Well, the effects of the approach of Planet X on our planet will be biblical, and what’s more the effects are being felt right now. Millions, even billions of people will die, global warming will increase; earthquakes, drought, famine, wars, social collapse, even killer solar flares will be caused by Nibiru blasting through the core of the Solar System. All of this will happen in 2012, and we must begin preparing for our demise right now…
but then there is no Nibiru, and the old text are wrong, or do we just read them wrong? www.librarising.com... from the link

In Search of Planet X
see also Tenth Planet Watch and Nibiru and the Dark Star

Sumerian tablet showing Sun encircled by eleven planets
plus another body way out.

According to the ancient Sumerian culture which lived from around 6000 to 1500 BC, our solar system consisted of twelve planets including Sun, Earth, and Moon, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. The twelfth planet they called Nibiru and gave it a highly elliptical orbit of 3600 years, stretching from the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter and extending way beyond Pluto. Russian scholar Zechariah Sitchin, who studied the Sumerian language and texts popularized this "planet of the gods" by releasing his groundbreaking book "The Twelfth Planet" in the year 1976, followed by successive books on the same theme.
i know , so you be the judge.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

To be fair the only one claiming the ancient texts say such a thing is Sitchin. So, I don't think we're reading them wrong, I think Sitchin, an economic historian by trade, read them wrong. In fact the quote you chose refers to a cylinder seal that does not depict what this article claims it does. We know the Sumerian symbols for planets and the Sun. This seal does not depict those symbols. What it is showing is stars in the sky, a very normal occurrence. Considering that Sitchin used this as the basis for his theory I think it's safe to say the Sumerians did not know of a 12th planet. In fact, they didn't even know about planets that weren't visible with the naked eye.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No but it's an invisible planet, and you need a special invisible telescope to see it...... (sarcasm)

Yeah, we would be able to see it with the naked eye in a couple months are so... Oh wait its suppose to be invisible that's the whole hitch right?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by newcovenant

And once again more disinfo from the Nibiru crowd. While I can't find an identification for the first object it is at least 100 light-years away and possibly billions of light-years away. The second object, as stated in the article you posted, was a spent rocket stage. The final object is light-years away and was identified as a gas cloud. So, once again none of these even have a remote possibility of being the "mythical" Nibiru and the Nibiru crowd needs to stop labeling every newly discovered object in space as such.

Hey not sure whats got you all in a lather there friend but I never said either of those thing were Nibiru. Disinfo from NASA? If that don't beat all. Figures eh. You can't even trust whats coming out of NASA. I think regarding the space container they did say probably. It was only a working theory.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If it can't be proven logically, someone has to be lying right?
hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join