It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THOR a must see

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
OMG this looks amazing, watch the trailor and let me know your thoughts

THOR

:-)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

Looks like every other fallacious attempt at a Marvel screenplay. Not that Marvel isn't "fallacious" to begin with, but the scripting is horrible, plus borderline acting, then add a ton of CGI effects that sell to a bunch of teenagers (who probably don't even know what Marvel is). I dunno, Sir. Is there something specific I should be looking for?

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 26-4-2011 by Strype because: Edit: (Parentheses)

edit on 26-4-2011 by Strype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I don't mind it as an action/fantasy flick. It's not Shawshank Redemption or anything.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

you will be the first one in the movie line with your little plastic Thor hammer and tee shirt

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
saw it last night and it was a good film.
gives people lots to think about such as other life in the universe. quote "humankind believed they were the only ones in the universe".

plus a war spilling over into our dimention
plus stargates and portals.

good timing hey

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

Thor...what to say? I love the idea of a live action Thor. IMO, the movie will be very rich visually, well as you can see, it looks stunning, but unfortunately will lack in every other aspect. We've seen this happen many times before. Avatar for instance...stunning visual effect but a plot that has been done thousands of times. Very one dimensional...no pun intended.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Mind naming any other fantasy/action flicks that I "must see," then? I prefer to learn from the things I choose to watch. I apologize if I sound(ed) harsh. I just don't include fiction on ANY of my "must see" lists. I prefer to learn new things if I happen to choose to waste my time watching a television set. I guess I understand that most people don't think this way, and I can attribute a lot of it to my "learning disorder." However, I mean no disrespect with responses such as these. Apparently, I'm subliminally hoping that more people would agree with me. If not, no biggie. Again, I apologize.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by Strype

you will be the first one in the movie line with your little plastic Thor hammer and tee shirt

haha :-) yeah you know that mate..... dont forget the plastic six pack and pecs and wig :-)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

None taken, and I wasn't trying to convince you. I'm just saying I don't mind the idea of watching this movie.

I used to think the same - don't waste time dwelling in fiction. Although I enjoy reading up on science, medicine, mathematics, everything really; I find myself occasionally reaching a point of stagnant boredom. Fiction, in movies or books, helps to provide a bit of visual/imaginative stimulation and a push.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

edit on 26-4-2011 by ototheb85 because: moo

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

You're absolutely correct. In fact, I showed up at the debut with a "WATCH ME!" T-Shirt. Apparently you didn't see the back, though. It simply said, "Not give a sh!t about this movie."

You didn't get the memo?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
well..after all these fail movies in the last time...i have no hope anymore...

seems hollywood isnt able to make a good movie anymore...stupid storylines...overload of effects...

thats all we got last year...

but well..who knows

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
OMG this looks amazing, watch the trailor and let me know your thoughts

THOR

:-)

I think it will be a great adventure/hero movie.
Lots of action, and cool effects.
A bit over the top, compared to the Marvel Comic book version of Thor.
But hey, we got the technology :-)

For you who want to know the history and legend about the norse god Thor (Tor).
Read here.
Thor the Norse God

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Agreed. However, I don't need stagnant Hollywood rewrites to entertain me. I own the original comics. Thanks, though.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Thor, the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America..... I WANT THE AVENGERS. Luckily it comes out summer of 2012, so we should see it before the world implodes.

Side note: Captain America looks better than I thought it would, considering the last attempt at the franchise.
And you just can't go wrong with Hugo Weaving as a villain........ or playing any character in a movie for that matter.
Captain America

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It looks good - but - when I was growing up the Thor comics were one of my favorites. So, in some respects it leaves me wondering if it will just make me think, "the comic was better".

Sidenote - it did make me wish they'd make a Hulk vs Thor flick. Any comic where those two faces off was sure to get me digging for spare change in my grubby little pockets when I was kid.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ever since Marvel has taken over producing their own comic-based movies they've gotten better. Remember the original Captain America? There are always bad examples in with the goods, but each of the films leading up to 'the Avenger' flick next year has been, or (if they haven't come out yet) atleast look good. I hate Edward Norton won't be reprising his role as Bruce Banner.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Ever since Marvel has taken over producing their own comic-based movies they've gotten better. Remember the original Captain America? There are always bad examples in with the goods, but each of the films leading up to 'the Avenger' flick next year has been, or (if they haven't come out yet) atleast look good. I hate Edward Norton won't be reprising his role as Bruce Banner.

oooooo avenger, never heard of that, there a hype about this film?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Only a ton. Most of it rumors and wishful dreaming, as no info has been released as of plot or villains, but a partial cast list has been issued. The film is being directed by Joss Whedan (Serenity/Firefly), and is the script is being penned by Whedan and Zac Penn (X-men 2, Incredible Hulk), and should be out next year.
The Avengers

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My wife wants to go see it for the lead guy (she thinks he's hot), and I'll go see it for Natalie Portman, so it's all good...

It looks like a good visual movie, though I'm sure it will be pretty weak in the acting and plot department. I think it will have better success than Hulk, though not as much as Iron Man. Captain America will do better I think (the period angle will attract more), but still not the success level of Iron Man.

I still want to see a Wonder Woman movie (with either Meagan Fox, Cassidy's daughter, or the assassin on the Event...they all look alike anyhow)... Yes, I know that's DC, but still a super hero movie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join