It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Patterns Changing...normal or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I am 37 years old and have lived in Ohio for most of my life. People like to joke a lot about living here and the weather. You know that old joke "Don't like the weather? wait ten minutes it'll change." Well, that's still par for the course here these days but something I've noticed that is REALLY odd, at least in my eyes is the patterns and directions and even the swiftness of the changing fronts.

NORMALLY (meaning, in my childhood up until a couple of years ago.) the storm fronts would travel from northwest to south east or simply from west to east. Occasionally a winter storm may have come up from the south (nor'easter type) but not spring storms with the severity I've seen lately.

Now what I want to know from everyone else on here is, am I just crazy or have things really shifted? The last couple of weeks we have had pretty nasty systems move through coming from the southwest moving to the northeast! And also the timing of them is really strange. Our severe weather use to be PREDICTABLE. In the spring, late afternoon early evening was the time you just KNEW a nasty storm was gonna pop up. Seemed like after a very warm day once the sun started its descent boom there go the storms. Now, I never know whats going on! 3am on day last week tornado sirens were going off, another day 7am the next 3pm. Now I know its the weather, mother nature and it is unpredictable but it stayed relatively "normal" or the same for 30 some years.

Can some of you let me know what differences you've noticed lately in weather patterns. Can anyone who has KNOWLEDGE of the science behind it explain how often these shifts happen and why?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Northeastern Indiana for me (Fort Wayne) and I can say, with an absolute certainty, that the weather this year has NOT been normal at all. I'm 40, for edification, by the way

I've lived in this town all my life and am a voracious weather watcher (been a storm chaser for a few years, as well), and have lived through the direct hits of 4 tornados over the years.

We've seen a serious inundation of rain this year, quite a bit more than normal. The temps are also quite cool compared to the norm. Farmers almanac lied so far
lol

Our normal for this time of year is 72, and we've seen that warm one day so far this year. The rest ofthe time has not been over 60 degrees.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
All I can say is i know rain exists,I have memory of water falling from the sky..just been so long i don't know....seriously I am almost 50 and no weather any where I've been is the same.I remember much more snow in my part of the world,colder winter temps and more moderate dry summers(I am from the 4 corners area)now it's just hot and we had humidity for quite a few years..we temporarily moved to odessa tx and no rain whatsoever for 10 months now.Yes weather has changed at least in my not so young eyes,most people around me think it's nothing more than a talking point and nothing to be concerned about...when we are sitting in our cars watching the lakes evaporate,maybe people will get the point...peace Ya'll

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
same here in the uk... we have had the hottest april here in 60 years.. december just gone was the coldest december in decades aswell..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Watch Piers Corbyn's videos on youtube!

A lot of the things you are noticing are caused by blockages in the jetstream, el nino, and the moon and sun of course.

You have to understand that the earth goes through cooling and warming cycles, we are in the cooling cycle. This will continue to cause a shift in weather patterns.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Same here in Switzerland, very hot, about 3°c over normal march/april and now no rain since over 6 Weeks. The grass in my garden is brown and it's forbidden to make fires outside in the whole country. Humidity is under 25° since weeks, a have real problems to swallow.
edit on 26-4-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I have noticed this also, and the actual shapes of some of the storms on the front have been a bit peculiar. Such as an even width line stretching from south of St. Louis to the Northeast near Ft Wayne. (not all of course, but have noticed that a few times lately)

It does seem to be a little odd, but the storms are still traveling from west to east. If you start sending all of the Ohio storms back here to us in Indiana, that's when I would worry.

I expect a major drought in a couple months. Enjoy the rain while it's here.

[but that^ is just a guess]

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

This winter wasn't a winter at all..it literally lasted 6 weeks and no hard freeze...moved to texas last summer it was 106f the day we moved here,it's 54 now they are predicting 97 this afternoon and its only april..by the way a month ago we hit 101 in kermit tx where my daughter lives..40 miles away,am not looking forward to august.....peace Ya'll

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

scotland too, coldest winter and roasting april with random spot thunder and lightning , im 30 and its never been like this

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Let me first state that I am BY NO MEANS an expert. I am merely an observer such as yourself.

I have noticed the same things. The weather patterns have changed. Heck, just the other day I saw that we have already reached record storm counts, in several parts of the country, for the entire season, and we are still only in April!
Add that to the record amounts of snow this winter. Georgia saw snow on Christmas for the first time in many years, and record accumulations through out the winter. My kids and I were even able to build an igloo in January! That is simply unheard of in this area.

Here in Georgia our patterns throughout the year include systems moving in from the mid-west, or from the Gulf or Atlantic Coasts. In the spring we also get the afternoon thunderstorms, usually caused by cold front coming in from the north-west colliding with warm Gulf/Atlantic air.

In my observations the changes seem to have stemmed from the quake last year and then compounded by the China quake, both of which shifted the earth's axis. No one is mentioning the possibility of this, but I have my theories. Wouldn't it make sense that if a quake bumped our axis then the air flows would be disturbed? Much like bumping a snow-globe, or even the reaction of the ocean after an earthquake that causes a tsunami.

The earth has seen many "strange" weather patterns over the last several months, and I personally believe that this "stirring" was caused by these massive quakes.

But, like I said, I am not an expert, and I have not seen any published scientific evidence to prove this.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
it was a really cold winter for italy(speacially south ) austria too,but for easter austria was like summer( almost 30 c degrees..thats too much)..romania also had a bad winter but thats pretty normal i guess,they ve seen worse.
the only thing that worries me is the speed whether changes,,,it can take only 30 minutes to drop or go up for 5 degrees..
..takes guts to go out non armed with umbrellas,jackets even if it feels like summer..
i cannot stop thinking about the relation between weather patterns and human behaviour patterns..seems the like there could be a link,maybe we are more connected to climate than we realize

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Weather is the mood of the Earth, and the Earth can have a variety of moods at the same time in different places. Variations in our particular spots (even those variations labeled as "the hottest Spring since 1949", "the coldest winter I can recall") and such, shouldnt in my opinion be considered as an ultimate proof of a high scale weather change.

Weather patterns will change but it will take hundreds of years for us and our records to perceive. I think a lot of us now are paying attention to weather because we've been "warned" about it. A high scale change in weather patterns only can be viewed on high scale data.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I live in a small town east of Muncie, Indiana and boy am I ever sick of rain, rain, rain. First it was snow, snow, and more snow, now all the rain. And it has also been the windiest 6 months I can remember. I am so ready for some blue sky--all these clouds for so long it's depressing.

Nana

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It could be because we are in a La Nina year,
Here is some current info on how it affects the usa.

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

What causes La Niña?* Typically, a La Niña is preceded by a buildup of cooler-than-normal subsurface waters in the tropical Pacific. Eastward-moving atmospheric and oceanic waves help bring the cold water to the surface through a complex series of events still being studied. In time, the easterly trade winds strengthen, cold upwelling off Peru and Ecuador intensifies, and sea-surface temperatures (SSTs) drop below normal. During the 1988- 89 La Niña, SSTs fell to as much as 4 degrees C (7 degrees F) below normal. Both La Niña and El Niño tend to peak during the Northern Hemisphere winter. What's the difference between La Niña and El Niño?* Both terms refer to large-scale changes in sea-surface temperature across the central and eastern tropical Pacific. Usually, sea-surface readings off South America's west coast range from the 60s to 70s F, while they exceed 80 degrees F in the "warm pool" located in the central and western Pacific. This warm pool expands to cover the tropics during El Niño but shrinks to the west during La Niña. The El Niño/Southern Oscillation (ENSO) is the coupled ocean-atmosphere process that includes both El Niño and La Niña. What are the global impacts of La Niña? Both El Niño and La Niña impact global and U.S. climate patterns. In many locations, especially in the tropics, La Niña (or cold episodes) produces the opposite climate variations from El Niño. For instance, parts of Australia and Indonesia are prone to drought during El Niño, but are typically wetter than normal during La Niña. What are the U.S. impacts of La Niña? La Niña often features drier than normal conditions in the Southwest in late summer through the subsequent winter. Drier than normal conditions also typically occur in the Central Plains in the fall and in the Southeast in the winter. In contrast, the Pacific Northwest is more likely to be wetter than normal in the late fall and early winter with the presence of a well-established La Niña. Additionally, on average La Niña winters are warmer than normal in the Southeast and colder than normal in the Northwest.

What impacts do El Niño and La Niña have on tornadic activity across the country? Since a strong jet stream is an important ingredient for severe weather, the position of the jet stream determines the regions more likely to experience tornadoes. More Info! Tornado information from the National Weather Service Contrasting El Niño and La Niña winters, the jet stream over the United States is considerably different. During El Niño the jet stream is oriented from west to east over the northern Gulf of Mexico and northern Florida. Thus this region is most susceptible to severe weather. During La Niña the jet stream extends from the central Rockies east- northeastward to the eastern Great Lakes. Thus severe weather is likely to be further north and west during La Niña than El Niño.

edit on 26-4-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
ok so now this is the second day in a row that the wind has been growling... no I did not make a typo there I realy ean GROWLING, its beyond a normal howling. Its just way beyond creepy and I tried to get video/audio of it yesterday but I failed miserably.

Well, I got video but all you can hear is the damn wind in the speakers and so the rumbling growl can not be heard in the clip, only with your ears. I'm gonna try again today if this keeps up. maybe if I stand inside with a window open I'll catch the deep grumbling.

I sure hope so cause its just so damn odd! Any one else noticing the sound of the wind the last few days?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is going to continue as humanity has been deemed unapproved to continue using this planet as a dumping ground on every level.

We are at the end of this incarnation as a whole.

It is going to be worse until it ramps up to WWlll and nuclear events finish off those who are left after nature does its thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Yes and I listen to what it has to say. What used to soar high above our planet is moving downward now. What used to protect us will now destroy us.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Say what man? The wind used to protect us now it's going to destroy us?

its way too early for mystic mumbo jumbo...

now had anyone else caught the growling wind or know how I can make a decent recording of it?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Lets take a look at the numbers confirmed dead in the us just in this month alone, without the numbers coming in from the devastation last night...

Over 600 so far!!!

This entire country is becoming a disaster zone.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Can you share your source for that number, please? I've been looking all morning and can't find any article listing the total deaths from all storms in the U.S. in April. I want to make a point to family members that we've passed the tipping point here. But no one one is talking totals. Every article seems to cover only one of the storms. Shouldn't it be mentioned in all the articles? It's frustrating.
edit on 28-4-2011 by thinkingthing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join