It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collective Guilt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
There have been many fear mongering statements lately,mainly about 2012,war,nuclear holocaust and the sun etc etc.I have come to the conclusion that in the backs of peoples minds mine included that we almost want something BIG to happen. We all know that we are all connected in several ways,mainly in mind and spirit.Do we have a collective human guilt from what humanity is doing to this beautiful world or are we insane? A paradigm shift is coming and I personally do not think we can get there with a mass suicidal / genocidal mindset.We screwed the planet up and we can't fix it by hoping for catastrophe.That would be way too easy.Lets not mess this opportunity for 'The Shift' up with negative thoughts.Everything starts with the mind and projects outward.Feeling that collective guilt has been having an impact on many and I do not think fear mongering helps at all.
sorry if thoughts a little fragmented made on the fly

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
No doubt,self fulfilling prophecy,we DO seem collectively to be making all this happen..either through apathy,or because we are willing it to happen.It seems everybody wants it to go bad.I just don't get it,why wish for the worst possible outcome...just my 1/2 cents....peace Ya'll

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have to agree with you here, but I think that many of us feel that because of TPTB we have no other control over the changes we know need to happen other than through a catastrophe.
We can stand and revolt, we can "go green", we can keep our money out of the banks, but that will only go so far. The average world citizen cannot make the drastic changes needed to save this planet (be it financial and/or geophysical) until the uber-rich lose the control they have over all of us.
I don't WANT to see a catastrophic event, but honestly what else is there to be done?
There is a shift in consciousness on a global scale ATM, the world is waking up to the atrocities the elite have caused us, and we are sick of it. I am trying to do my part to open the eyes of those around me, but it all seems so futile... especially when the majority laugh and think I'm just another of "those crazy conspiracy theorists"...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We need it all to fall apart. I would rather that world culture be reset and I be reduced to working crops and building shelters for my survival. I am sick of having to work worthless and unfulfilling jobs, paying bills, accruing debt, supporting dependents, fighting wars, and arguing philosophies.

It all needs to end and I am waiting patiently for it to happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Guilt says, "I have done bad." This can be forgiven, healed or even reversed. We all have the power to see our choices in the future as they come by our view. This creates our new past. Poor future choices will always match our guilty past, just as good choices will do the same. It's a mirror. We will continue to feel out of context in the middle (now) if these choices are poor. The way to fix this is to throw better choices into the future and watch them pass us by as they come back to our view from the past and future equally. When the flow of choices meets in the middle (now) equally well, then we have no guilt.

There is a difference between guilt and shame. Shame says, "I am bad." This is entirely different. I am bad requires justice. Justice corrects by judgment. Each of us will experience this self-correcting force in nature. The earth is just fine. There is nothing that we can throw at it that it cannot overcome. We can either face the future with better choices or the future will come at us and take things into its own hands. Either way, things will be just fine.

Life happens to everyone with equality. Our view of judgment is merely a reflection of the laws that govern action. Reward is what comes when we move against the flow of entropy to create order where there is chaos. Nature follows the law to accomplish this and so should we.

I wrote about this on my blog. HERE

Originally posted by EarthwormJim
There have been many fear mongering statements lately,mainly about 2012,war,nuclear holocaust and the sun etc etc.I have come to the conclusion that in the backs of peoples minds mine included that we almost want something BIG to happen. We all know that we are all connected in several ways,mainly in mind and spirit.Do we have a collective human guilt from what humanity is doing to this beautiful world or are we insane? A paradigm shift is coming and I personally do not think we can get there with a mass suicidal / genocidal mindset.We screwed the planet up and we can't fix it by hoping for catastrophe.That would be way too easy.Lets not mess this opportunity for 'The Shift' up with negative thoughts.Everything starts with the mind and projects outward.Feeling that collective guilt has been having an impact on many and I do not think fear mongering helps at all.
sorry if thoughts a little fragmented made on the fly

edit on 26-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22
Yes we cannot let these same people have a place in power ever again.One needs to only watch what is going on in Syria to come to that conclusion.As for the 'normal' people with their heads up their rears....we cannot abandon them.That would be a bad start.As I heard some other member say "When the going gets weird the weird get pro".The last shall be first and the first shall be last.Help them understand when they come to you saying "hey you are into this right"?"whats going on"? then they will listen.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthwormJim

EarthwormJim i think we see much more than a collective subconscious at work in ATS posts. there are a lot of people who are quite vocal and blatant that they can't wait for TSTHTF. in my short time here i've seen three or four threads that were near identical in theme: people in rural areas posing a polite warning against 'taking to the hills' that were barely veiled with underlying hate for 'city slickers' ( LOL! ) who dare think they can walk across America in search of food, shelter and aid in a time of need. In these particular threads it was made perfectly clear there are many that are not only willing and able to kill you, some were looking forward to doing so at the slightest perceived threat.

So much damage has been done by so many people for so long that the big guilt gets very spread out and watered down. people always had to earn their keep slaving for the man, whether the destruction was being done in mining, construction, factory work where pollution bellows from the smoke stacks and into the water supply 24/7, you name it. we still have to pay our wage slave taxes, eat and put roofs over our heads. i'm not saying its right, its necessity.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I felt I needed to address the comment you made about those of us in the "rural areas taking up arms against the city slickers". I HAVE (not sure if I am one of which you speak but...) made the comment in the past about just this, but I'm afraid it may have been misconstrued. When I stated this I meant that we will protect ourselves and our homes. If EVERYONE heads for the hills it will become a very crowded and dangerous place as there are very limited resources. I for one will protect what I need to, but at the same time I DO understand the need to find food and shelter. My family and I will not fight against those in need, actually we are most likely to be sharing our "last loaf of bread" so to speak.
edit on 26-4-2011 by avatar22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22

I felt I needed to address the comment you made about those of us in the "rural areas taking up arms against the city slickers". I HAVE (not sure if I am one of which you speak but...) made the comment in the past about just this, but I'm afraid it may have been misconstrued. When I stated this I meant that we will protect ourselves and our homes. If EVERYONE heads for the hills it will become a very crowded and dangerous place as there are very limited resources. I for one will protect what I need to, but at the same time I DO understand the need to find food and shelter. My family and I will not fight against those in need, actually we are most likely to be sharing our "last loaf of bread" so to speak.
edit on 26-4-2011 by avatar22 because: (no reason given)

avatar22 it's nice to read what you wrote. maybe i was raised like you, to help those in need because it is the right thing to do. especially in times of emergency & chaos, people need to band together, to help one another. i'll admit it disturbs me to have read comments on ATS where posters claim they plan on looting and stealing. that tells me they are simply thieves waiting for a lawless opportunity to come along. i think that when the chips are down people are quicker to show their true colors. some common people will become heroes who lead by example, while others will be terrible disappointments when we see what they resort to.

i do understand and appreciate one must stand up for their self and the welfare of their family. even on good days there are those that prey on others, we read about the victims way too many times. maybe i'm hoping that if things get worse, slow or fast, the majority of the folks will show their good side and not their bad.

a thing that has long bothered me about America is how many people and especially businesses pick on people or prey on their fears to sell a product or service. IMHO this is a terrible thing, a shameful practice. if these people are willing to transact day-to-day business at this level, i can't imagine what they will be like when the easy money dries up when TSHTF.

avatar22 i hope i did not offend you in any threads on ATS. i'll admit i can spew venom with the best of them when my feathers get ruffled, but honestly, in my heart, i never want to hurt anyone in any way. i feel i have no right to take the sunshine out of anyones day but i'm afraid i lose my better judgement at times, and sometimes things posted are later things regretted. thanks again for your reply

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No offence taken what so ever. I knew I had seen you state a similar sentiment in other threads, and I could not remember if I had seen you in the thread where I made my statement about all of this. I just felt that I needed to clarify so as not to upset anyone. And it could have very easily been taken the wrong way, even though what I said was in jest.
Thanks for your response, I was a little nervous, as I never know how people are going to take things here.
And, yes, there are many who will stand up and do the right thing... and many who will not.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthwormJim

Well, I harbour no feelings of guilt

Rather, I believe that whatever is responsible for our being placed in this position should feel guilt, if in fact there's any guilt attached

new topics

top topics

join