It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Warns of Solar Superstorm -- Michio Kaku Interviewed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
According to NASA, the planet could get hit by a solar 'superstorm' in 2012, disrupting our technological devices and infrastructures. Apparently happened before in 1859, but had little impact on civilization.

As we are so reliant on our technology this could have a huge impact on our entire race.

Video:
www.youtube.com...
Article:
______beforeitsnews/story/587/148/NASA_issues_warning_of_solar_superstorm_2012.html

Fear-Mongering or Legitimate probability?

ETA: My first-ever thread folks, be gentle

edit on 26-4-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

Mods: Please move. Did not mean to put this in religion forum.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I wonder how the humanity will live that. Consequences will be huge like crash of planes without their control tower and many things like that.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This has already been posted.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The only thing I worry about from a solar storm is the affect on our power grid.

As far as the rest of our technology, personally I think it would do us some good to be knocked down a few pegs for awhile. I grew up in the country and my father taught me to use what I needed to survive, not depend on Facebook to get me through the day.

People have become waaaay too dependant on technology and have forgotten how to actually live their lives. A major solar storm might just have the reverse effect of bringing us closer together as humans instead of further segregating us from each other.

Then again, we do need power, not everyone has solar panels, so yeah.....good luck.

King

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

If we are fortunate enough, TPTB (Even though they are scum) might have to fund the re-development of technology (As they bloody well should) but find new ways, better, cleaner more advanced ways, pushing us even further!

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

Are you kidding me? Loss of power for our current society could have some really devastating side effects, what happens to the hundreds of nuclear reactors around the world if power fails for an extended period of time and there is no longer any way to cool their reactors, or what about people with pacemakers, people in planes? Our food supply would be gone people would be reduced to cannibalism in major cities in no time. it would be a free for all, until the nuclear fallout from the hundreds of power plants going into meltdown around the globe wiped us out.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

There is no way they would. It fits perfectly into their eugenics agenda to just leave us to eke out an existence as our ancestors did. Mind you it isn't like we would be knocked back to the Bronze age.. only electronic infrastructures would be affected.
The chaos that followed would be the worst part.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Thank God i was raised at my parents farm!!...
..i know how to survive without electricity and modern stuff..is not that bad,...
)
who wants to join me?..
i ll milk the cow..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Existing thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

There is no way they would. It fits perfectly into their eugenics agenda to just leave us to eke out an existence as our ancestors did. Mind you it isn't like we would be knocked back to the Bronze age.. only electronic infrastructures would be affected.
The chaos that followed would be the worst part.

Aye, I suppose your right, the good thing is, given our current level of technology, some that might not be knocked out, shielded or whatever (again wishful thinking!
) We could re-establish rather quickly, that's how I feel anyway!
I mean, it isn't difficult to create a generator, in the process of making one now as a matter of fact!
Look it up - SEG generator, magnetic propetual generators if you didn't know about them.

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Figures.
I didn't see it while searching, but I am sleep-deprived. My bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I know the feeling, sometimes it is really hard to find existing topics.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amongyou

can i be the cow?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

nuke reactors won't cool, refrigeration will be gone, the diesel and gas won't be pumped, refined, or distributed w/o electricity..

sewage won't be processed, no water pressure in lines, many people who rely on dialisys will die quickly, hospitals will become morgues due to no electricity..

no comms, no cops, military will be in the blind, roving gangs of degenerate pookies pillaging like zombies, yeah no power grid sounds great... not!!!1

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

Congratulations, you are officially an idiot.

Did I say that there wouldn't be any reprocussions? Didn't I mention that the power grid going down would be a bad thing? I'm pretty sure that I didn't say anything along the lines that nothing would happen.

Sure there will be consequences, but not all of us will die without power. Those people who are dependant on it will have the biggest problem, however after all of the doom and gloom that you immediatly go for, there will be people who will band together to survive.

Humans cannot survive alone, that is not how we evolved. We need each other, both for social interaction and general survival.

Try having a little faith in humanity and our capability to band together to survive in the most harsh of circumstances, or should you just let everyone in Japan alone to become cannibals too?

Seriously, grow up.

King

new topics

top topics

join