It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's 1971 network coverage of Apollo 14

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

This is television history.

The man on the left is Frank Borman, NASA astronaut.
The man in the middle is Frank Reynolds, ABC news anchor.
The man on the right is Jules Bergman, ABC news commentator.

These videos were originally broadcast on February 6, 1971 on American TV from the ABC Space Headquarters in New York.

Part 44 - Loading moon rocks onto the ship. The famous Apollo 14 golf swings.

Part 45 - Sponsored by Tang and Bufferin.

Part 46 - Jules Bergman "Without a new crisis each day it might get dull."

If you were watching this on TV in 1971.... would you be convinced it was real???

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

i watched this at school, it looked real then but i was only 10yrs old .lol

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have been doing so much Apollo research lately but I was elated to find this youtube channel which had uploaded all these original TV recordings. It just so happened that 44, 45, 46 are particularly revealing.

Notice the large text overlay is emblazend with "LIVE COLOR TV FROM THE MOON"

Listen closely to the commentators you may notice that Frank Borman and Jules Bergman are already selling the next mission, Apollo 15, which will have a rover for better lunar mobility.

This is how the world viewed spectacle of Apollo 14 on TV in 1971.

On Part 45, at 11:50 into the video, Frank Reynolds says "It's too bad that the camera can't be operative at the moment they blast off so that we could at least see the first ignition." Frank Borman and Jules Bergman immediately go into selling the next mission with the lunar rover expectations and better video components.

At the end of part 45 it looks like Jules Bergman is reading from the script. He uses the word "brilliant performances" which could be the dead give away.

On Part 45, at 15:00 into the video, Frank Reynolds says "Well certainly the observations that they were able to make, the narrative that they described for us today told us a great deal even though we didn't see the pictures."

edit on 4/26/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: fix tag

edit on 4/26/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: nothing much

edit on 4/26/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: i hate myself for being a bad editor

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You can't say we didn't go, I saw it on TV.

How can you hoax bleevers top that argument?

I also suffer from cognitive dissonance regarding things my country does so you cannot defeat me in a debate. It will go on forever.

America doesn't lie. America said it went to the moon. Therefore any evidence showing otherwise must not be real or will be plausibly explained away by me (because I cannot accept any other alternative, because America doesn't lie....).

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

This TV history occurred 14669 days ago.

1971.057 = 1971-02-26, 2441009, Friday/Freitag/Vendredi
+ 14669 days/Tage/jours
2011.116 = 2011-04-26, 2455678, Tuesday/Dienstag/Mardi.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
In the CBS coverage of the Apollo 14 we can see that these astronauts have something very shiny on the top of their heads at times. There are so many flashes above their heads that I lost count of them

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

In the CBS coverage of the Apollo 14 we can see that these astronauts have something very shiny on the top of their heads at times.

Are you being deliberately deceptive?

Hoping no one reading THIS thread will realize that you have been participating in another thread, where it has been shown countless itmes, what that is?

The VHF Comm antennas on the top of the PLSS backpacks!

Surely, you haven't "forgotten" this????

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

In the CBS coverage of the Apollo 14 we can see that these astronauts have something very shiny on the top of their heads at times.

Why didn't you report him to the mods then?

Anyhow the USA could have faked it, afterall they did go to the moon.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I thought it was real at the time. Remember when one country in the Netherlands tested one of the moon rocks recently and found it to be petrified wood. That day probably a lot of phone calls were made.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

I thought it was real at the time. Remember when one country in the Netherlands tested one of the moon rocks recently and found it to be petrified wood. That day probably a lot of phone calls were made.

If this is true that would be absolutely hilarious. WHY some people STILL want to believe so badly that we went and it wasn't all a scam to funnel more money and wealth OUT of the pockets of the general public and to show the "government" is superior to the people and not a derative thereof and it's servant and NOT master, is beyond me. It is all about money and control...NOTHING MORE... man never set foot on the moon, sorry "believers".

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Hoping no one reading THIS thread will realize that you have been participating in another thread, where it has been shown countless itmes, what that is?

The VHF Comm antennas on the top of the PLSS backpacks!

Surely, you haven't "forgotten" this????

Weed, the Apollo 14 mission is over 40 years old. Millions of people around the world (including myself) are now getting the chance to see these network archived TV videos for the very first time - thanks to the efforts of dedicated youtubers. Anyway... which network were you watching when Apollo 14 landed on the moon? CBS News Coverage of Apollo 14 Part 12 - From Febuary 5th 1971, CBS News Covers The 1st Apollo 14 Moonwalk.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Tele and vision

The etymology of the word is derived from mixed Latin and Greek origin, meaning "far sight": Greek tele (τῆλε), far, and Latin visio, sight (from video) vis- to see, or to view in the first person.

Maybe looking back at those old footages can remind us of how powerful these tv images are to people. And now we know the answer why... in the word tele-vision... people believed it with their own eyes.

I highly recommend the video series of lunar lore to people who would like to enter the mindspace of 1971 and immerse themselves emotionally in a visual stream of network produced and NASA approved Apollo propaganda

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
the videos are fake filmed in some guy's basement

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Our sense of whether it was real or not ought not to be affected by the quality of the recording equipment and television signals that were available in 1971.

I think it is genuine. I think faking it would be too costly and too likely to be found out - and that if a commentator refers to "performances", he is talking about the theatre of the moment, not the trickery of powers-that-be.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wooretan
Our sense of whether it was real or not ought not to be affected by the quality of the recording equipment and television signals that were available in 1971.

I think it is genuine. I think faking it would be too costly and too likely to be found out - and that if a commentator refers to "performances", he is talking about the theatre of the moment, not the trickery of powers-that-be.

I am willing to entertain any plausible explanation for NASA to leave the Apollo 14 color TV camera pointed away from the EVA action for in excess of 4 hours.

Because Apollo 13 didn't land.
Because Apollo 12 burned out the TV camera.
Because Apollo 11 took really, really bad pictures.
Because the original Apollo source tapes were lost forever by NASA.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell5151
the videos are fake filmed in some guy's basement

Let me guess.... your basement?

new topics

top topics

join