It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cabinet Appointees? Speculate Here (New Thread Title)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
We all know whom Bush and Cheney brought to the party
(Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Rice, Powell, Rove, etc.)

What about Kerry/Edwards? Who are they bringing to the table?
Who is rumored to be in the running for cabinet positions? Are they qualified?

I guess what I am getting at here is how much depth do these candidates represent?

So calling all Democratic Party Watchers. What's the scoop?

[edit on 10/20/2004 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would think Wesley Clark and Richard Holbrook are names to watch. Both would be in the choices for Secretary of State.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I find it ironic that a Canadian was the only answer to a Canadian's question.

There must be some people out there with either some specualtion or information about who would hold cabinet positions in a Kerry/Edwards government. Are we in for more nasty surprises like Ashcroft, Rice and Rummy?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I expect the Democratics are having trouble answering your question because I don't think they don't really know. I doubt Kerry wants many former Clinton cronies darkening his legacy, so that doesn't seem to leave many realistic choices.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Since we are now just days away from the election (a.k.a. "operation transfer of power") I'm attempting to revive this thread.

Do we now have a better idea of who is being rumored to fill in possible cabinet positions in a Kerry administration?

Or is this something that is not even discussed until after the election?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Whoa, I am so surprised that I have not even considered who kerry is going to have in his cabinet.

We know that most of bush is "oilmen and women"

Does anybody thing it will be in the "ketchup" and "tomatoes" business.

Seriously I will like to know.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Kerry is current;y building his team. He is currently selecting his transition team.

The big names are on the table but as he hasn't been elected it is bad form for him to state where he would place people, right now they're settling for speculating on who may be involved.

Sec of State: Wesley Clark
Environment Protection: Robert F Kennedy JR.
NSA : Susan Rice
Chairman, DNC : Dr Howard Dean
Hillary Clinton: Homeland Security (It could be fun)

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I expect the Democratics are having trouble answering your question because I don't think they don't really know. I doubt Kerry wants many former Clinton cronies darkening his legacy, so that doesn't seem to leave many realistic choices.

he really doesnt have to worry about it thats why, he will not win..

You should be asking what shakeup the Bush Admin will have.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You should be asking what shakeup the Bush Admin will have.

Oh Yeah? ... well that is easy... From the White House to the Big House with a wardrobe involving orange jump suits and a change in décor involving prison bars!

If you don't mind I'd like my threads to stay relatively on topic.

This is about the composition of a Democratic Administration.

Go back to spamming the board with your propaganda.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The big names are on the table but as he hasn't been elected it is bad form for him to state where he would place people, right now they're settling for speculating on who may be involved.

Thanks Nerdling.

So its all just speculation at this point.

In Canada Cabinet members are chosen amongst elected Members of Parliament.

If I understand correctly, the US cabinet can be composed of non-elected officials? (Ashcroft lost to a dead guy!!
)

The EPA = Robert Kennedy Jr.?

Is that the same guy on Air America (Circle of Fire show)?

Are you serious about Hillary or are you making that one up to scare the repubs?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well I guess I will have to research on all these people and see if they are worth it.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by Nerdling

Thanks Nerdling.

So its all just speculation at this point.

In Canada Cabinet members are chosen amongst elected Members of Parliament.

If I understand correctly, the US cabinet can be composed of non-elected officials? (Ashcroft lost to a dead guy!!
)

The EPA = Robert Kennedy Jr.?

Is that the same guy on Air America (Circle of Fire show)?

Are you serious about Hillary or are you making that one up to scare the repubs?

Scare them? Hillary has bigger testicles than most of the Bush cabinet.

RFK Jr is a one to watch, he's doing some good environmental work and it's best to have a second Kennedy in the ruling quarters in order to please Ted. I'm pretty sure Ted is going to get the head of something.

Actually, I'd say Ted may get the DNC Chairman nod, he's the single most powerful democrat and is respected by everyone and feared by his opponents. McAuliffe is a wet blanket so he'll be replaced by a party uniter who can truly beat the crap out of anyone.

Any post can go to anyone but when Kerry wins he's going to have to reward certain people, especially Ted and Hillary. Without the Kennedy backing he'd have died on the starting blocks and without the clintonista's he'd be ignored by big money democrats.

He's going to pick a solid cabinet made up of high ranking dems and subject matter experts. Secretary of Defense is a big one, I really have no clue on who he might nominate for that.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't think Ted Kennedy would accept a cabinet position. He might feel that he has more clout in the Senate. But RFK Jr. would indeed be a good choice for the EPA.

Bill Richardson might be a name to watch for the cabinet too - especially if he delivers New Mexico for Kerry.

Norman Mineta might stay on - not only is he a holdover from the Clinton administration, Bush named him to a position - Transportation Secretary - which made him an important part of the cabinet after 9/11. Keeping him on would both send a signal of continuity and one of bipartisanship.

As for a Bush II administration... it all depends on what direction they want to take. If they go more radical, I'm thinking Paul Wolfowitz at the State Department, and Douglas Feith at Defense.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
As for a Bush II administration... it all depends on what direction they want to take. If they go more radical, I'm thinking Paul Wolfowitz at the State Department, and Douglas Feith at Defense.

Thanks for that Otts.

Perhaps if edsigner had approached it differently I would have been less harsh on him.

By all means lets open up the speculation to all sides.

I'll change the thread title as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, I'm an American and I haven't been giving any consideration to the "Kerry Kamp", and what their choices for appointmnents to cabinet positions within their administration because, Kerry is not going to be president of the United States this term or never!

[edit on 20/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that people on this board are too partisan to speculate on a topic like this. Let's wait until after the election is done.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I haven't really given it much thought, but if Kerry is taking Bill and Hill back to Washington, hey, he's got my vote!!!

Actually, I'd like to see the two of them made ambassadors to the middle east.......they like to travel so much!!! And, she's so good riding camels anyways.

top topics

join