It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gathering To View A UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This is a warm memory that I have had for decades. And was my first experience with seeing UFO's. For some reason, in our area, during the 60's and 70's, UFO's were not just lights in the sky. They were bold and non secretive. One night, my father, took me out. Where I was, I do not know. There was a slight night chill in the air, and as we pulled into the unpaved destination, the song West Chester Cathedral was playing on the radio. I always associate this memory with that particular song. We were on a slight hill above a valley.

As we pulled in, and my father said hi to the others, a woman there commented that he shouldn't have brought me. My father said it was none of their business what he did. What I couldn't understand myself is why he brought me. Since my father did not like me. Nor did I care very much for him either. And I thought why did he bring me vs. my mother or my other sister (his favorite)? I was intrigued, since I had no clue what we were even there for. And I could feel the excitement in the air.

As we sat and waited others commented that it should be soon. And they asked each other, "so, do you think it will show up again"? "Well, of course it has been". After some time, a light appeared in sky, and dipped down into the valley. And got closer and closer. Until we saw a large craft up above the trees. From what I understand it did not come as close as it had previously. And I wished it had. Anyways, it lulled around for a while, then left. The show was over and we all left. My father also told me that he may bring me again, if I promise not to tell my family. Later I asked him about it, since I wanted to go again. But he said that it wasn't coming back to that spot anymore.

Now flash forward to the late 70's. Our new neighborhood became UFO central. I really don't like to talk about it. And maybe someday, I will let more out about this. But, it seems like everyone had experiences in our neighborhood. A common denominator was the UFO's boldness. The large main craft with a very bright light. A low hum. Etc... Hovering directly above houses or a yard. A lot of folks in my neighborhood talked about this. And even decades later, I found that even more neighbors I didn't talk to at the time, had experiences also. We even had a UFO investigator show up to talk to my best friends sister. And she never told anyone, besides just us. So how did he know to talk to her? She actually saw one hovering over my house of all places. And this was after the incident I don't like to talk about. In fact my sister even later told me that she saw one hovering over our house on a different night. (After my incident). But being something that wasn't talked about in the open, I kept quiet. Especially since mine was quite a bit more. I even made fun of the others. And I keep wondering if what all happened to me really happened. Even after finding out that a large UFO was viewed hovering above my house on 2 later and separate nights.

If you do a search for the last few years of the 70's, on the Mufon UFO stalker for the US. (I searched from 1976 to 1981 and chose 1000 results.) You will see many of the encounters were up close and bold. None of the distant light business you hear about these days. And right now, I wonder why all this went on back then. But not now? Why I am posting this now? Well the other night someone posted the link to the Mufon UFO Stalker. And I noticed that sightings were much bolder back then. I even read about one that I can vaguely remember.

A UFO actually planted itself above a crowd during a ball game. It was never reported by the media. And the game went on, but with quite distracted players.
I don’t think you can get any more bolder than this.

At least two hundred to three hundred people saw an enormous unidentified flying object as it flew within five miles of downtown Pittsburgh, with some startled observers saying the UFO was as big as Three Rivers Stadium.

The Monster UFO seen In Pittsburgh

Mufon UFO Stalker
edit on 26-4-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Haha now it makes sense why they put that baseball scene in Men In Black. Trying to make light of the subject.

The reason the encounters are not as bold anymore is becuase our leaders have established contact and relationships with them, and most visitors are not allowed to physically interfere unless asked to by an individual [must be a choice by free will.] They come to help, our own race is destroying basically everything.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
Haha now it makes sense why they put that baseball scene in Men In Black. Trying to make light of the subject.

Oh my goodness, I forgot all about that MIB scene. I had to look it up. You are sooo right!

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
The reason the encounters are not as bold anymore is becuase our leaders have established contact and relationships with them, and most visitors are not allowed to physically interfere unless asked to by an individual [must be a choice by free will.] They come to help, our own race is destroying basically everything.

You know, sometimes I wonder about this. Where did this idea even come from? And was the "gathering" considered an open invitation by everyone there? Is this why 10 years later they took me up on it? When I was legally an adult? And BTW, I walked on board of my own free will. In fact I hurried out my front door lickidy split when I saw them. Ok so now you know a little bit more. The rest is one crazy wild ride, so I will refrain... And I called everyone else crazy?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You know that song has been stuck in my head for decades over this. Always gives me the willies... Only now did I check it out. Check this out... St Catherines is right next to Westchester Cathedral. I feel like I am in an "encounters of the third kind" movie.

Some ley hunters and ufologists consider St. Catherine to be symbolically associated with the fiery 'Catherine Wheel' or UFO in the sky. Whether or not there is anything in this notion, the SE area around Winchester, dominated by St. Catherine's Hill, became the stage for a number of dramatic UFO/humanoid contacts in 1976 and 1977. In 1958, over Winchester itself, two objects were seen 'buzzing' an aircraft by two witnesses - one of them an ex-RAF air-gunner using binoculars. In 1968 a formation of UFO's was seen over the city.

WINCHESTER LEY, Hampshire
edit on 26-4-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
... Is this why 10 years later they took me up on it? When I was legally an adult? And BTW, I walked on board of my own free will. In fact I hurried out my front door lickidy split when I saw them. Ok so now you know a little bit more. The rest is one crazy wild ride, so I will refrain...

I'll state up front that I've had my own experiences that didn't just tip me over to one side of the fence, it blasted me near 20ft off the damned thing, if you catch my drift. These experiences are beyond just seeing ships. The sitings happened later, one of them as confirmation of the experiences as far as I can tell. So in a sense I understand what you're saying.

With that said, when you are ready to open up a bit, could you describe 'them'? Could you describe the exterior and interior of their ship(s)? And probably, most importantly, what did they tell you (I understand most communication is usually in relation to personal issues/events so you don't have to include this if you don't want to)?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story. I never really thought about the "boldness" of UFOs in history but now that you have stated that it kind of makes sense.
I have had many close encounters of the first kind.... at least 30.... I always ask them to come closer but they never do. So far I have seen several ships on separate occasions, some doing some awesome formations while others just floating along as if they were in a lazy river.

Flux8 said above that if you could describe what you saw that would be great! But completely understandable if doing that does not invite good feelings.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The OP made me feel the same way I did the first time I saw the movie Close Encounters of the Third time.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I wish I would have seen it. I live about 30 minutes away from downtown Pittsburgh. I never even heard of this until now!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

In Pittsburgh, PA 1978 I lived in Monroeville and was 11 almost 12. I was a sixth grader. I don't remember anyone ever mentioning a UFO over the stadium. Star Wars, Farrah Fosset, Shawn Cassidy, no UFOs.
My parents never said a word either, and they were progressive people with Master Degrees who avidly/ nightly read the newspaper and watched the news. So I don't understand this story. It would have been huge news.
It would have been remembered and mentioned.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

A UFO actually planted itself above a crowd during a ball game. It was never reported by the media. And the game went on, but with quite distracted players.

At least two hundred to three hundred people saw an enormous unidentified flying object as it flew within five miles of downtown Pittsburgh, with some startled observers saying the UFO was as big as Three Rivers Stadium.

why does the report you cite not mention the ball game - did you make that up ?????

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by elouina

why does the report you cite not mention the ball game - did you make that up ?????

Actually, I mentioned this since I actually remember being told about this decades ago. And I couldn't find out any more information at the time. What reminded me was reading it somewhere the night before I posted this. I think it was buried in one of those Mufon UFO Stalker reports. But I am having trouble finding it again. I will try to find it again tonight when I get home from work.

Here are a couple interesting things I found just now. But I have to get ready for work. The Notre Dame Pitt game one was from 2009. The other one from 1976 or 1977 looks like it was mentioned many years later, so the dates and particulars were fuzzy.

UFO Taped on Nationally Broadcast

Unknown Object Overhead At Notre Dame - Pitt Game

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Crazy stuff. How can so many people see something THAT BIG and people still dismiss it as not true? I dont get it...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Wish there was video of the first one..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by anydaynow18
reply to post by elouina

Wish there was video of the first one..

I wish there were videos and pics of everything. Sigh.... Back then we still recorded voice on a reel.
Heck I didn't even know what a UFO was until I heard the other folks talking.

I want to thank everyone for not calling me a kook, or not believing me. It was those very fears that kept this bottled up for decades. I suspect I will tell more as I get more comfortable.

What I would like to know is where is the Mufon case for my ex friends sister? I used to work with her. And one day a man came to talk to her. I asked what it was about, and he said it was about something she saw. And I said oh, you mean the UFO? His face took on a shocked expression, and he said yes. He said to me so, you know about this? I said yeah, it happened over my house. And I am friends with them. He gulped and the color drained from his face. Then I told him that I was only kidding. Although I was not. I just couldn't own up to it. Later I told her that a man was looking to talk to her. She said that she never called anyone.

On another day, I saw her walking down the street. (We lived near each other.) And I caught up with her. And she said that I should stay clear of her. That some strange men have been following her around in cars. She told me to look off to the side non chalantly. And sure enough there was a car near by with at least one man inside. She was intimidated. But I was more brazen. After like a week of this bull$%, I waved to one of the men. He pulled next to me in his car. And asked if I knew him. I said yes I do. And he asked how? And I said you now how, and have a nice day. Then walked away. They were never seen by me again.

As much as I want to "not believe" what happened to me, there was even more proof than just a bajilion witnesses. Not the kind of proof that would make everyone in the world believers. But the kind that would make me more at peace with what I experienced. Not only was I inside the larger craft. But I got to joy ride inside a smaller craft also. We traveled to a barren area with reddish soil. Where I then took over the controls. It was a lot of fun. And guess what I found in my backyard the next day? A decent sized burned out ring of grass in our back yard!!!! And found yet another ring out back, the morning after my sister saw the larger craft over our house.

Even more proof... I met a young man onboard the larger craft, by the name of Mark. About 25 years later, I met Mark. He was a neighbor of mine that I was not familiar with at the time. Yup, you guessed it, he saw em too. It had to of been him that I met.

Oh and I found the Mufon article about the game. But first the history of how I found out about the UFO at the game. A neighborhood man that I talked to at times, mentioned it to me a few days after it happened. He tried to find out more about it. But never did. I was very intrigued by this, and checked back with him a few times. But he had no more info on it.
But it was likely within a year of our neighborhood UFO extravaganza.

Case Number: 17362
Log Number: US-06072009-0001
October 20, 1979

I was watching the game on TV in Santa Barbara CA. between the Pittsburg Stealers and Dallas Cowboys in October 1979 from Three Rivers Stadium Pittsburg PA. During a commercial break around the 2 minute warning while Chuck Conners was sales pitching a toy gun, the commercial was cut abruptly and the picture went back to the stadium. The screen showed a metalic disk (10-30 ft) spinning like a coin(1-2 rev per sec) on a table at a height about equal to the top of the stadium. Pat Summerall's excited voice came on saying "We don't know what it is we are showing you...it just appeared in the sky". He repeated several time "I can't believe what I am seeing". Tom Brookshire ,the color man, said "Oh that...that's just an illusion". Summerall disagreed and said "Well if they land, they're gonna say "take me to your leader". The crowd got very quiet...you could hear a pin drop in the place. A penalty was called on a Dallas player because he failed to get into his stance ...was just looking up at the sky. Pittsburg was winning 14 to 3...they had the ball and were running out the clock. The game ended with the camara on the disk till the end. I never heard or read a word about in any media. I didn't want the game to end...I wanted to keep looking at the disk. I felt sad when the picture changed. I was attracted to it some strange way. It changed the way I look at life and the creedance I give our government and media.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
reply to post by elouina

In Pittsburgh, PA 1978 I lived in Monroeville and was 11 almost 12. I was a sixth grader. I don't remember anyone ever mentioning a UFO over the stadium. Star Wars, Farrah Fosset, Shawn Cassidy, no UFOs.
My parents never said a word either, and they were progressive people with Master Degrees who avidly/ nightly read the newspaper and watched the news. So I don't understand this story. It would have been huge news.
It would have been remembered and mentioned.

It was impossible to find out anything about the football game one even decades ago. So I was surprised to find mention of it recently. Not sure what to think.... Now for the March 1st one, there was an newspaper article. Here is an archive of the experiment posted in the paper.

Pittsburgh Post Gazette March 3'rd 1979

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
1979 Week 9 | Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, October 28, 1979 -- Three Rivers Stadium (50,199)

I think I may be able to buy that game on DVD. Not sure if I should even bother. I hate sports. And not sure if this is a ripoff site. But hmm... I am tempted....

PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAMES ON DVD AAA CLASSIC SPORTS

More info on football game UFO.

UFO Journal

Such a well-witnessed event ought to result in an identification — or a very unusual UFO sighting. Presumably videotape footage is in the possession of CBS, and it could be analyzed if it does show a UFO. Readers who saw the broadcast or who have follow-up information are requested to submit a report to MUFON headquarters

edit on 11-5-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Found a very tiny chunk of the game on youtube. No skyshots. At the 2:34 mark the announcer commented how the cowboys looked a bit disjointed at the moment. No biggie. But a short bit later... At the 2:57 mark, the announcer says, "you can just think a blimp, that's all it is, think".

I think I do want this video after all.

new topics

top topics

join