It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else believe that the Obama Presidency is an experiment in political attitudes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ever since I noticed the tide turning toward the 2008 election of Barak Obama as President of the U.S., I have questioned the validity of the administration as nothing more than a political experiment to measure such attributes as general public awareness of who can become President and why, the malleability of the masses through simple marketing, ignorance of the Constitution and the political structure of local, state and federal governments, the religious and cultural diversity and veracity of the populace, and the overall attitude toward apparent disregard for the traditional process and values.

I am a political skeptic and question everything and trust nothing tied to politics so don't label me an Obama basher. I bash them all. I researched most of the 30+ candidates on the 2008 ballot and decided not to participate in the election, however real or fraudulent it was. What I did noticed was pure brainwashing and propaganda used by both major political parties and, as usual, all other candidates left out of the dance.

And apparently it all went as planned.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
"Does anyone else believe that the Obama Presidency is an experiment in political attitudes?"

Why? Yes! That's my feeling all along. He has been doing the opposite/reverse/mirror of what a leader and president of this great country should be doing. And as result, I am lead to re-access my personal opinion(s) of his administration.
edit on 2011-4-26 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
bongo

we all live and react in this american experiment

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by goddesslovr88

I don't think it was an experiment - I remember the elections. I do think this Presidency is proof people who are disenfranchised from the system are going to complain when they are fed up. When it isn't working for them any longer, when they've had enough.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Suprisingly, the guy is just a politician, just like they said he would be and not much of an administrator @ that. So, he gets elected to the presidency, and he has his baptism by fire (B.P. Spill/Economic Melt down/War in Libya), and now when you look at his record, it pretty much looks like all the other Presidents before him, at least in the late 20th/Early 21st century. But where is all the REAL evil coming from politically in this country? we know them as the Republican and Democratic parties, we know them as "senator" and "congressman", we know them as the "Supreme Court". As long as we keep electing the same old crowd, we'll get the same old results. An as long as the supreme court justices are "nominated" by the sitting president for approval by the other evil doers in D.C., we're boned. This is not an experiment by any means. people that run experiments KNOW where they want to end up, do you think anyone in D.C. knows anything? I bet they would be surprised to find out we actually DO HAVE a constitution to actually LIMIT the power of the FEDERAL governament, exactly the way the STATES originally laid it all out way back when! Yeah, if this is an experiment then Dr. Frankenstein's Monster is what we have ended up with! Anyone see an angry mob with torches run by here a minute ago !!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

please understand what youre saying .

it is an experiment of government , and that government derives its being from the consent of the citizens constituting government , the Citizen.

we are all reactants,reagents , agents of government . the experiment involves US . your decision to post here about this is proof of product . the experiment works. my post here would be a reaction to the product of your reaction , indefinitely.

A Citizen has equally absolute power relative to other Citizens , from power to consent .

are you a citizen or Citizen ? what does this mean?

www.tulsaworld.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I always thought that the last election was an attempt to keep rich white men in power. Both parties knew that the country was headed down a hard road, housing collapse, depression, etc. So they chose as their candidates the first black man and a woman (who got more attention than McCain ever did). They knew that the country was going to go into the toilet and that would be the end of America's little experiment in "change". We'll run right back to the rich white man. It'll be president Trump before you know it.

top topics

join