It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Latest Wretch is Robert DeNiro

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
US politics is dull. It needs a Trump!! And I dont give a hoot if he has a rat on his head or if he's bold! He's interesting, direct and I guess refreshing.

Also if you want to break the status quo then you need a maverick bull in a china shop. I know it works and gets things done. It also gets people to take responsibility and ensures accountability!!

Good luck America. Give Trunp a chance and you might be surprised!!!

From a Maverick!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Before it's over with, we'll see Trump in a meltdown of epic proportions. He's thin-skinned and used to having his bottom powdered. If he takes this running for president far enough, the real wolves will come out. No way he stands up to that.

Now normally, when a public figure melts down, there'll be a drug and alcohol component. Not in this case. Trump is pure ego fueled by fame and power, which are two of the most addictive substances on the planet.

I'm quite sure, if he actually pursues a candidacy, he'll end up in public, blood squirting out of both ears, ripping his shirt off and barking like a dog.

Oh sure, he can potshot some actors. Big whoop. When the Republican wolfpack ramp up, he doesn't have a prayer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

we'll just have to see about that when it comes down to it.

i think the other candidates might be in for some hard pressed q&a.

should be fun!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by The Sword

We are employees... What we need is a better Boss....

WE are the bosses; they are OUR employees.

We lost control when we forgot that.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

the real wolves will come out.

I am surprised they haven't already, I guess they don't feel as threatened by him as they did Palin?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You may well be right. If you are then its just going to be much of the same whichever party wins which means the US people screwed!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

but Robert DeNiro never declared bankruptcy..........

so whose the stupid idiot now Trump!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Actually the declaring of bankruptcy under the right circumstances is the smart thing to do, particularly if you have the self belief and know how to recover!! Then it becomes irrelevant!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

If he runs!! Agree. I'd back a smart cookie maverick wide boy against any of the potential candidates any day!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am surprised they haven't already, I guess they don't feel as threatened by him as they did Palin?

I think we've seen a little bit of it. At this point he isn't an announced candidate. If they start on him now, it just draws that much more attention to him, which they'd rather not do. When it gets to the point where he's actually a candidate, that's when it'll get ugly. And I don't anticipate that until we get to Primary season.

Remember what the Bush camp did to McCain in South Carolina in 2000? Small potatoes. And McCain pretty much let it slide off his back. The Donald will want to get in a pissing match when something like that happens, and that's one skunk he doesn't have a prayer against. He'll blow like Mt St Helens.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 4/26/2011 by yeahright because: Fix tags

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

I must be the only one on ATS with the sense to realize that Donald Trump is an arrogant buffoon that would treat American citizens as his employees, with the customary "You're Fired!" broadcast on loudspeakers in public squares.

No thanks, Donald.

As for Hollywood actors, it's only kosher if they're conservatives. If they're liberals, then throw the book at them. At least, this seems to be the attitude on here.

Yeah not many here actually have the common sense to realize that this is most likely a publicity stunt to boost ratings for the Apprentice either, and that he probably won't actually run

But hey, if the GOP wants to hand Obama the election with its sideshow candidates I guess that's cool too

Sure would like to vote against Obama next year though

edit on 26-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

Donald Trump was criticized by Robert DeNiro, and Trump verbally buried him.

Verbally buried him?

It seems more like Trump just called him stupid. You know, the sort of reaction you'd expect from a 5-year-old.

Hes nothing but a pigtail puller, he did the same thing with Bill Cosby..."I used to be a fan, I thought we were fwiends, waahh wahhh wahhh" I'm not excited to see how he'd respond to someone who isn't just an actor and says something pertaining to more serious issues. He gets his wittle feelings hurt and says the wrong thing to the wrong person, we're all up crap creek without a paddle.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Trump reminds me of Ron Popeil.."set it and forget it"on a larger scale. Not saying that's good or bad..(Kinda Tacky though)

I seriously doubt he'll run..but I'm pretty sure who ever he endorses will get a pretty good shot at the Presidency. And Trump can stay in the private sector and manipulate behind the scenes for power and his own financial agenda. Of course he'll help us commoners..for a fee.

Trump was doing an interview a couple of months back when asked about the amount of golf Obama was playing.
Classic Trump.."I don't mind the amount of Golf he's playing,I just wish he would play golf on one of my 18hole championship courses spread out all over the U.S." (kinda tacky)

The old free publicity machine is well oiled for him for personal gain right now.

Hey..It's TRUMP!!! When has he EVER missed an opportunity to make a buck?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I think we've seen a little bit of it. At this point he isn't an announced candidate. If they start on him now, it just draws that much more attention to him, which they'd rather not do. When it gets to the point where he's actually a candidate, that's when it'll get ugly. And I don't anticipate that until we get to Primary season.

I am starting to believe he is not going to run. He makes money off his name and publicity...that's what this is IMO.

Originally posted by yeahright
Remember what the Bush camp did to McCain in South Carolina in 2000? Small potatoes. And McCain pretty much let it slide off his back.

Old school. That was early days of what we now accept daily as trash politics.

Cindy McCain returned from India with an new adopted daughter from Mother Theresa's orphanage...and the Bush camp rolled out an aggressive rumor campaign that John McCain had knocked up a "black" hooker and that was his love child.

They also said he was "unstable" having been a prisoner of war.

Karl Rove ran the campaign under the guidance of Lee Atwater. Karl Rove was Lee Atwaters Protege...and Atwater? He pioneered the political smear campaign.

extra DIV

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Karl Rove was Lee Atwaters Protege...and Atwater? He pioneered the political smear campaign.

Donald Segretti was way before Atwater, and LBJ was no slouch himself. That doesn't even acknowledge whoever came up with this dandy about Grover Cleveland.

At least Hamilton and Burr had the stones to just shoot it out.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If our modern politicians followed Burr and Hamiltons example we might have much fewer politicians...I know...might not be a bad thing

Off Topic:

As far as dueling is concerned my favorite story is between Sir William Petty and Sir Hierome Sankey.

Petty was admittedly not very good with either a pistol or sword and his opponent, Sankey was a famous duelist.

But since Petty had been challenged he had a choice of weapons and venue. His answer?...

Axes, in a pitch-black cellar.

The challenger withdrew.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

Donald Trump was criticized by Robert DeNiro, and Trump verbally buried him. When are these Hollywood types going to learn that just because a person can act, it doesn't mean the person can actually communicate their opinions well.

www.examiner.com...

FYI, MOST of the country thinks Trump should STFU.

I don't care if they are Right, Left, Conservative, Progressive, Communist, Muslim, Christian.

They all come together in the middle to say to Trump "Shut the F*** up!"

Perhaps thats the one thing most of this damned country agrees on.

Just because he came out and yelped about a birth certificate doesn't mean he knows wtf he's talking about.

end rant.
edit on 26-4-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

You know, people like you are the issue.

People like you, who don't think.

And you know what the worst part is?

People like you, are the majority of people out there!

Why else do you think people like Trump can not only get away with saying stuff like: "In the old days you fought won and kept the spoils" - trying to push more wars in 2011, in a world that has to move away from conflict to survive even the next lousy 30 years - but he gets people to listen to him because he simply says something DIFFERENT - which is regarded as a breathe of fresh air.

You were the kind of people that brought Iran down.

You were the kind of people that built Nazi Germany up.

Even in this age where information is readily available, you choose to be informed by men in suits saying new words on T.V.

And this isn't a personal attack, I'm just saying it so you yourself realize this.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
anybody besides me see an oxymoron here???
Donald is praising Billy Graham.
And one of Graham's last interviews
he stated that his biggest regret
was getting involved in politics.
lmao

and to my knowledge every president
from Nixon to Obama has confided
in him at some point.

edit on 4/27/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join