It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scenario for you...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Situation:

Large space craft arrive over all the major cities ( like Independence Day) and claim that they are here to help.

According to them the earth will be destroyed in 6 months by some galactic problem. They start "beaming" people too their ships by the thousands and you have no choice. They say all humans MUST go.

Do you trust them and go willingly or do you hide out and not trust them??

They could be honest and try to be saving everyone or they could be stocking the freezer........

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
don't go and miss the chance of a lifetime to ride an alien craft? thats crazy. i do not care if they have plans to make me mince meat, ima goin.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
life that advanced would be able to sort out any food shortages in easier ways than travelling to far away planets so i would go, even if i did get eaten it would be an experience to see all their technology.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Sounds like an episode of the Twilight Zone!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

i would stay here thankyou,
even if they were right and the world was going to be destroyed, those few weeks of living on a depopulated earth would be heaven.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If one would stop and think about this question for a minute, you would find it to be a very very deep/imporant question...

I salute (SnF) you mwood for posting it!

I would have to see proof of this danger... without any proof, I would not leave...
by nature, I don't trust anyone... Human or Alien...
cos when I was little my Mom gave me some really good advice...

*"Don't take candy from strangers"
*"Don't talk to strangers"
*"Don't get into vehicles with strangers"

I still to this day follow that advice... and the latter of said advice pertains to this question/thread...

So with fear of death... I would not leave, unless I had 100% proof of safety and 100% proof of danger... and even still I would still hear my mother's voice saying "Don't get into vehicles with strangers" cos that's what a space ship is isnt it? just a vehicle

-Evol Eric

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

This is a great question. I don't know/ I was born here and I'd like to die here.
Maybe that would influence me so I would probably stay and get annihilated. If I were younger this would be harder to answer. If they really wanted us after all the willing people boarded ships they could easily round up the stragglers by force. Sweep with a weapons neutralization mechanism and they have us all in short order (cooked)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Situation:

Large space craft arrive over all the major cities ( like Independence Day) and claim that they are here to help.

According to them the earth will be destroyed in 6 months by some galactic problem. They start "beaming" people too their ships by the thousands and you have no choice. They say all humans MUST go.

They could be honest and try to be saving everyone or they could be stocking the freezer........

how about they apply an easy makeup mmh like a. ..

Messiah returns, makes its appearance in the heavens
he says those who believe in me to get to heaven... the light is up the ladder (no to agglomerate please) lets go!
and those who disbelieve will go to hell (which is like staying here with your brothers and sisters that are still destroying the planet lolz)

You do not have to hide, just your reasoning to decide "I'm going or not?"

would affect the bias? I guess... definitely

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
If one would stop and think about this question for a minute, you would find it to be a very very deep/imporant question...

I salute (SnF) you mwood for posting it!

I would have to see proof of this danger... without any proof, I would not leave...
by nature, I don't trust anyone... Human or Alien...
cos when I was little my Mom gave me some really good advice...

*"Don't take candy from strangers"
*"Don't talk to strangers"
*"Don't get into vehicles with strangers"

I still to this day follow that advice... and the latter of said advice pertains to this question/thread...

So with fear of death... I would not leave, unless I had 100% proof of safety and 100% proof of danger... and even still I would still hear my mother's voice saying "Don't get into vehicles with strangers" cos that's what a space ship is isnt it? just a vehicle

-Evol Eric

By using that logic, you have already gone against your mums wishes, isnt the earth just a vehicle for carting us though space and time, and isnt it full of strangers?
so here wwe are on our little Terra Firma vehicle surrounded by strangers (aliens).. but hey it makes for one really cool ride

(sorry not knocking you, just had to put this out there)

But would i go or stay, well that depends on which story would sound better at the dinner party im going to when i die..
"yeah end of the Earth, i was there for that, great special effects and the food was good."
or
"taken by aliens in a spaceship for a joyride across the universe, what? did i see much?, no i was frozen.How was the food?, well i was the food.."
so its a bit hard to say..

edit on 26-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Situation:

Well, unless their was evidence to support a "galactic problem" with our level of technology then I don't think I would, However if they were willing to share their data and information about said problem then I would trust them.

Plus side to any of those situations, you meet E.T

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Lock and load.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Definitely go. Chance of a lifetime

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

For this reason alone I would not go.
Usurping our free will raises a serious flag for me.
edit on 4/26/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

By using that logic, you have already gone against your mums wishes, isnt the earth just a vehicle for carting us though space and time, and isnt it full of strangers? so here wwe are on our little Terra Firma vehicle surrounded by strangers (aliens).. but hey it makes for one really cool ride (sorry not knocking you, just had to put this out there)

No offense taken... but realize I am not knocking you in return...

But I sure as hell didn't choose to come here... If gave the choice on where to live before I was born... I would have took my place of residence on some ice cold comet on a trajectory course with the sun... would be a lot better than living on this planet that is "full of strangers"

Defination of Vehicle

ve·hi·cle/ˈvēəkəl/Noun
1. A thing used for transporting people or goods

But a Planet isnt a thing, its a

plan·et/ˈplanit/Noun
1. A celestial body moving in an elliptical orbit around a star.
2. The earth.

So nope didnt go against my mothers wishes since first off I'm on a Celestial Body and not a thing... and I never did get on planet earth by choice...

...but nice try
.... have a star!

edit on 4/26/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Good question OP.

I would stay here. Our mother has brought us all to life, nurturing us all the way. Destiny has brought me this far in a life that I am truly thankful for, and it feels really right for me to see what the next step is. I feel I have been blessed with everything a humble person can ask for in life, and that was made possible by mother Earth. I would have to trust my inner voice saying that Earth is the place to be, even if it knowingly means certain death. I would be more than happy to go down with our "ship", I just have a feeling that I owe her that much after all we have done to her.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Since the "taking up" would be spread over a period of time, there would be a lively debate about whether to go or stay. Perhaps the teleporting up lead directly into a big meat grinder? Suppose THEY wanted the Earth? Suppose! Suppose! The arguments would be endless.

What we would see would be what we are witnessing in Japan at this instant. Massives of people displaced from everything they have ever known and not by their choice. Many of those Japanese will elect to return to their radioactive areas with varying degrees of known danger but willing to take their chances. So it would be with your scenario. Basically, the young would go, the old would tend to stay and take their chances with what they know.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If they start to beam me to they're ship and I have no choice than I guess my only choice is to pull the pin on my back-pack nuke, fire up that one last blunt, and enjoy a very short ride into eternity care of the "caring" aliens
Best I can do cause I think it would be the "stocking the fridge" option !!!!! (Not given any choice !)
anyway, I don't think they'd actually freeze us, I think they would keep us alive, you know, like "veal' so they could fatten us up and make us nice and tender like a McNugget hot out of the grease !!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Ahh yes the joy of semantics

but if you replace the word thing as its a sort of abstract word in that context.

some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot be specifically designated or precisely described

and instead go with this definition of a vehicle,

any means in or by which someone travels or something is carried or conveyed; a means of conveyance or transport:

it sort fo makes sense. as the earth fits the above description, and as it can be described it can not in the true definition be "a thing".
isnt the english language fun ?

(so no offence taken, its just a matter of how we see things )

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot be specifically designated or precisely described

Source

but a planet.. is specifically designated and categorized... but not as a vehicle

it is a

plan·et/ˈplanit/Noun 1. A celestial body moving in an elliptical orbit around a star. 2. The earth.

SOURCE

it sort fo makes sense. as the earth fits the above description, and as it can be described it can not in the true definition be "a thing". isnt the english language fun ?

you just made my point!!! hahahaha

I'm enjoying this, your alright in my book!!!

oh.... on topic stuff...

I say lets put Randy Quaid on stand by... just in case this scenario becomes reality! haha
edit on 4/26/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join