It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Police Terrorize Palestinian Prisoners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
www.gilad.co.uk...

Simply barbaric! This is a video in Hebrew and shows the murder of a young man in prison. It is 15 minutes long and if you speak hebrew it will shock you to your core. I cannot imagine ANY Israeli condoning this behaviour. I would expect condemnation of the police from our Israeli ATSers.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

If you do not know Hebrew, how do you allow yourself so easily and quickly to criticize, without even knowing what led the police raid, what were its objectives and who were those of prisoners. The result would be different if the other wings of the prison would have remained quiet.

The result unfortunately is one person dead. He was shot at close range by a weapon designed to disperse demonstrators.
How is it any different from other prisons riots in other countries, except that it's a prison in Israel and the prisoners are Palestinians, and the whole aim of your post is – once again – to demonize Israel. The result is sad, but there was no evil intent behind it.

BTW, since you choose gilad azmon as your source, be advised he is considered a lunatic and suffice to look at the graffiti he made on the last remaining wall of Warsaw Ghetto, which is a very significant symbol for every other Jew in the world, except this idiot. (well, maybe a dozen more idiots)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
[
edit on 26-4-2011 by gem_man because: delete post

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This looks like a prison riot to me.

Use of lethal force is often used during prison riots.

Prisons aren't exactly the corner starbucks.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Um when you can compare the treatment of Israelis Captured by Palestinians vs the reverse - THEN I might listen to anything you have to say.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Hi Gem,

This was published as part of an expose' piece in a TV show called Uvda.

They say there that the prison was moved from army responsibility to the responsibility of the regular prison service. They also say that this whole thing started with an exercise of the prison's service "Mazada" unit, which is their anti-riot unit (among other things).

Basically, the drill was for a specific block of the prison, but the other prisoners (in other unrelated blocks - those blocks that house the Hamas terrorists) started rioting and things got out of hand. Basically, it was a #-up, no argument there... but when there's a riot, and violet one at that (you see the prisoners started pretty big fires), people are bound to get hurt...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Um when you can compare the treatment of Israelis Captured by Palestinians vs the reverse - THEN I might listen to anything you have to say.

So IF the Palestinians do it it makes it perfectly OK for the Israelis to do it? Well that would mean it is OK for the Palestinians to do what the Israelis do, huh? I don't think you will find many to agree with you.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ender_shadow

I agree with you but the riot police showed up before there was a riot. Were they expecting one or did they create one for training purposes? In any case a guy was killed at point blank range and he was not a serious threat to anyone.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Well, they weren't expecting, nor were they going to cause one. This was the kind of surprise inspections that are common in prisons... I assume that if they wouldn't have rioted, no one would have been hurt, kind of an egg-chicken thing IMHO...

But, they weren't armed with lethal weapons, so at worst, it was negligence and at best it was an unfortunate accident. I am not sure how old this is, and I don't remember the incident (I may have been away at the time), so I am not sure what happened as far as follow-up.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Already been discussed, I've also provided the video and translated large portions of it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With respect,
Eliad.

top topics

join