It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shepard Smith: "Fox News Can Confirm That The President Of The United States

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I have always thought that most of the people complaining nowadays would be thrilled if John Mccain were in Office doing the same exact things.

I think that Obama is better than any Republican (aside from Ron Paul).

If Paul does not run I will vote for President Obama.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfpack 51

www.wnd.com...

The story is not over yet yall.

Here here, WND is the most reliable non-partisan source of true news out there.

Once WND comes out and says its sorted...then maybe...
edit on 26-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
reply to post by mudbeed

Your lies wont work with me, Mombasa is the CAPITAL of Kenya and has been since 1920, look it up and stop just reading crappy blogs,

Mombasa became the capital of the coastal Protectorate of Kenya in 1920. On December 12, 1963 it became part newly independent Kenya.[4

Source

Ok now come up with more reasons this is fake

My Lies?

I did have my facts screwed up but my heart was in tthe right place, so I apologize. Here is what I was referencing.

Looking into the Kenyan Birth Ceritficate

It seems highly implausible and certainly a hoax. I have not seen any documents from this period in early 1964 that uses the heading of Republic of Kenya -- unsurprisingly given Kenya was not a Republic until December 1964. Moreover, the label of 'Region' was being used in early 1964 instead of 'Province.' While some of the old colonial forms may have still been in circulation, which would have used 'Coast Province,' these would have been headed as 'Colony & Protectorate of Kenya.'

Hmm lets see what Kenya says, surely they'd cover for one of their own so your paranoid mind probably wont read it anyways:

Official Response

First, the hospital is the "Coast Provincial General Hospital" (sometimes said to be Coast Province General Hospital), not "Coast General Hospital" printed on the document.

- Second, Kenya was a Dominion the date this certificate was allegedly issued. It would not become a republic (as stated on the document) for eight more months.

- Third, Mombasa was in Zanzibar when Obama was born, not in Kenya, as the document says.

- Fifth, the document's number, "47O44-- 47," is Obama's age when he became president, followed by the letter "O" (not a zero) followed by "44" -- because he is the 44th president!

- Sixth, "EF Lavender" is a laundry detergent, not the registrar of births.

- Seventh, would a mostly Muslim nation actually say "Christian name" (as opposed to "Name") on an official birth certificate?

- Eighth, Barack Obama's father was 24 years old when his son was born, not 26.

- Ninth, it was the "Central Nyanza District," not "Nyanza Province".

- The document is dated Saturday, 5 August 1964. Kenyan government offices closed on Friday (Muslim sabbath) and on Saturday.

- Officials of Coast Province General Hospital report: “We do not have computerized records going back to the 1960s and can only sort through our archives by hand.”

- Dr. Christopher Mwanga, an administrator at the Mombasa hospital says, “We have searched for all the names of babies born on Aug. 4, 1961and have not found the name of Barack Hussein Obama. That is all I can tell you.”

People with a lot more money (and most likely brains) than you or I have looked very deep into these claims and have come up with the same conclusion. Don't bring "The Donald" into this either, because he is an annoying shrew and an opportunist that usually falls on the liberal line. Who the hell knows if he isn't pulling disinfo out his butt for attention or to help liberals. Besides, unlike others, he has no proof.

You wont fall for my lies but you keep grasping on a old, tired birther claims that actually stemmed from people that could not believe a black guy with a muslim name won the presidency in a landslide.

"Oh no I used the race card". The Birther types are the same that sent around the damn watermelon on Whitehouse lawn pics. Thats where the movement started...not on ATS.

Deal with it.
edit on 26-4-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfpack 51
This lady produced her girls birth certificates, and they are real. They look similar to mine I got from my state.
Also note how Mr. Obama's recorded number is different than her daughters. May still be something not quite right with the Obama story.
You didn’t read my post did you?

Obama, born on August 4, filed on August 8, certificate number 151-1961-10641.
Nordyke sisters, born on August 5, filed on August 11, certificate number 151-1961-10637.
Stig Weidelich, born on August 5, filed on August 8, certificate number 151-1961-010920.

So I’ll ask you, how does Stig Weidelich’s certificate number fit with that theory that there is “something not right with the Obama story” because of the difference in numbers?

It doesn’t. It’s just another irrelevant birther non-issue stemming from their ignorance, in this case, of the Department of Health’s numbering system.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Originally posted by userid1
Just to be clear - I did watch the vid, and I never said Media Matters hoaxed us. I said I'd like some other form of confirmation.

Some other form of confirmation that a report ran on Fox news aside from the actual report on Fox news? How is the alternative to that not "this video from Fox news is a hoax"?

Did you happen to see the closing credit to the vid? What did it say? Fox News? No, Media Matters.

Oh, you didn't watch the video when I told you it was probably a good idea, huh?

Apparently I watched it long enough to see the Media Matters logo appear full screen at the end. Why, was there more of importance?

The video is the original Fox airing of the segment.
edit on 26-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

I understand, but others won't. Their argument is that this is a Media Matters copy of the report - not the original report itself, and therefore is open to the question: "How do we know the clip wasn't edited in some way?" "Media Matters is a lefty site after all" Seeing the report on Fox's website directly eliminates that argument - doesn't it?

BTW - it looks as though Hannity admitted just tonight that he thinks Obama was born in the US...but he still wants to see the BC

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by userid1

But if you are suggesting that Media Matters altered the clip to say something it didn't, then you certainly are suggesting they are perpetrating a hoax. You previously denied that, while at the same time insisting that this clip might not be real. C'mon, you must see that you can't have it both ways. Also, what edits do you think they made to give the impression it does? Don't you think it would be really hard to take a report this long and direct and make it seem like something else?

edit on 27-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

That video proves nothing.
It doesn't even address the real issues.

Proof Obama became Indonesian.

Obama was enrolled by his parents in a public school, Fransiskus Assisi School, a public school, in Jakarta, Indonesia. Plaintiff has received copies of the school registration in which it clearly states Obama’s name as “Barry Soetoro,” and lists his citizenship as Indonesian. Obama’s father is listed as Lolo Soetoro, Obama’s date of birth and place of birth are listed as August 4, 1961 in Hawaii, and Obama’s Religion is listed as Islam. This document was verified by Inside Edition, whose reporter, Matt Meagher, took the actual footage of the school record. At the time Obama was registered the public schools obtained and verified the citizenship status and name of the student through the Indonesian Government. All Indonesian students were required to carry government identity cards, or Karty Tanda Pendudaks, as well as family card identification called a Kartu Keluarga. The Kartu Keluarga is a family card which bears the legal names and citizenship status of all family members.”

A president cannot have dual citizenship, which raises the interesting question...

Can anyone show proof that Obama renounced his Indonesian citizenship?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
Can anyone show proof that Obama renounced his Indonesian citizenship?

Can you show proof Obama was ever a Indonesian citizen? By proof I mean a Indonesian Government site

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Sorry to say, but the much hated Bill Orielly has been saying this for a while.

Most of the Fox News talking heads feel that the birther movement is idiotic and does nothing but hurt the republicans chance of winning the white house.

Wow!

If that's not the kettle calling the pot black, i don't know what is!

Fox 'news'? Who the hell listens to anything this 'comedy show' has to say?

Everyone who has an ounce of common sense knows they're a 'tabloid' station...don't they?
They are like the TV equivalent of the UK 'News of the world' or 'Sunday Sport', it's just that the 'tits' are presenting, not being presented.

Blimey, 'Fox says Obama is a citizen..' now i have heard everything!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Oh, I see. You cannot refute the perfectly acceptable proof I have provided, so you create a ridiculous standard.

This isn't like a questionable computer printed document, it's a photo of an actual Indonesian document. It was also entered into evidence up on penalty of perjury in the united states.

BTW, since you are obviously pro-Obama why not show us his long form BC on an official Hawaiian government site?

Shall I put you down for "no thanks I can't do that, even though I demand that very same thing"?

Show us, or be proven a hypocrite.

Anyways...I'll ask the same question again.
Can anyone prove Obama renounced his Indonesian citizenship?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

It was also entered into evidence up on penalty of perjury in the united states.

Except you "forgot" that the course case was thrown out....

why not show us his long form BC on an official Hawaiian government site?

Why? No other POTUS had to show theirs, so the same goes for Obama. he HAS already shown his valid birth certificate, but the rabid birthers just claim it is a forgery, so why would they treat his "long form" any differently?

How could he renounce something he never had? Indonesia would not even give him citizenship if he wanted it - a fact birthers ignore!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Oh, I see. You cannot refute the perfectly acceptable proof I have provided, so you create a ridiculous standard.
This isn't like a questionable computer printed document, it's a photo of an actual Indonesian document. It was also entered into evidence up on penalty of perjury in the united states.
You have presented acceptable proof that someone wrote down that information for Obama, not that it is true or accurate.

The ironic thing is that by relying on this document it still completely destroys the birther myth that Obama was born in Kenya. This is what you quoted—

Obama was enrolled by his parents in a public school, Fransiskus Assisi School, a public school, in Jakarta, Indonesia ... it clearly states Obama’s name as “Barry Soetoro,” and lists his citizenship as Indonesian. Obama’s father is listed as Lolo Soetoro, Obama’s date of birth and place of birth are listed as August 4, 1961 in Hawaii, and Obama’s Religion is listed as Islam.
If they were going to pass off Obama has being of Islamic faith, wouldn’t it be easier to say he was born in Kenya? The document clearly states Obama was born in Hawaii, making him a natural born citizen.

Further, and this has been posted thousands of times, according to US law parents cannot relinquish their minor children’s citizenship. Even if Indonesia granted Obama Indonesian citizenship, that makes absolutely no difference whatsoever for US law and citizenship purposes.

But you haven’t even presented “acceptable proof” that Obama had Indonesian citizenship, or that he lost his US citizenship. What you presented was an Indonesian school record, that someone wrote, and that you managed to, in the process, conveniently glance over a major detail that contradicts the Kenyan birth myth, and render every other piece of information on that document absolutely irrelevant to the eligibility question.

You give more weight to an Indonesian school document, and accept it at face value as proof that “Obama lost his US citizenship,” than to an official and certified US state birth certificate. Could it be because it fits your agenda?

You birthers are laughable.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Just to be clear - I did watch the vid, and I never said Media Matters hoaxed us. I said I'd like some other form of confirmation.

Some other form of confirmation that a report ran on Fox news aside from the actual report on Fox news? How is the alternative to that not "this video from Fox news is a hoax"?

Did you happen to see the closing credit to the vid? What did it say? Fox News? No, Media Matters.

Oh, you didn't watch the video when I told you it was probably a good idea, huh?

Apparently I watched it long enough to see the Media Matters logo appear full screen at the end. Why, was there more of importance?

The video is the original Fox airing of the segment.
edit on 26-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

I understand, but others won't. Their argument is that this is a Media Matters copy of the report - not the original report itself, and therefore is open to the question: "How do we know the clip wasn't edited in some way?" "Media Matters is a lefty site after all" Seeing the report on Fox's website directly eliminates that argument - doesn't it?

BTW - it looks as though Hannity admitted just tonight that he thinks Obama was born in the US...but he still wants to see the BC

Uhh Because Media Matters doesn't edit their videos.

Yes, yes I understand they fall on the left...I get that, but they aren't a smear campaign service.

They are a fact debunk service.

They play clips (generally of Fox) where a network is caught in a lie or saying something completely outragous.

They are called Media matters, because it does. As a News organization you should be teaching your viewers something not straight out lying to them.

As far as I am concerned, they are doing viewers a service.

Please show me where they have ONCE edited or voiced over their video and I will take it all back and apologize to you.

I can think of many times Fox has manipulated data, video, etc.

I do not like being lied to by any supposed news source, regardless of the party lines they fall under.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

That's so funny! Look what I said back on page 3

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
However, it's becoming more clear to me that he (and FOX) have been leading up to this for a while. With BillO and Glenn Beck... Now Shepard.

Sean? Do you have something you want to say?

reply to post by Byteman

Can you show us the law, statute or Constitutional clause that prevents a president from having dual citizenship?

IF you consider the school registration as "proof" of the information thereon, then it "proves" that Obama was born in Hawaii. Because it says so right there. That proves he is a natural born citizen.

There are a whole mess of assumptions in Berg's case. That's why he never got anywhere with it. It's all hearsay, assumptions and suspicions, without proof of any of it.

First you have to prove your claim that he became an Indonesian citizen to begin with. Something official would do. Not something his step dad filled out. Something from the government with a date of renunciation of US citizenship.

The US does not follow Indonesian law. We don't care what they do or accept or anything. What we care about are OUR laws. Read: Renunciation of US Citizenship

F. RENUNCIATION FOR MINOR CHILDREN

Parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship on behalf of their minor children. Before an oath of renunciation will be administered under Section 349(a)(5) of the INA, a person under the age of eighteen must convince a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer that he/she fully understands the nature and consequences of the oath of renunciation, is not subject to duress or undue influence, and is voluntarily seeking to renounce his/her U.S. citizenship.

So, regardless what the Soetoros did in Indonesia, the US has its laws that we follow. We don't go by Indonesian law.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Whoa whoa now, fox news is throwing Obama a bone? Maybe they realize that this whole birther argument will ruin the next republican candidate's credibility if it's not taken out to the woods, tied to a tree and put out of it's misery with a shotgun of sense. Surely it can't be anything having to do with civility or "fair & balanced" reporting. I also heard that every time fox news defends a democrat an angel gets it's wings.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Well, it's not like the American right has ever let fact get in their way. A good number of 'em think geology is a false religine sown by Satan to keep mankind doubting, after all.

funny, I thought archeology and geology supports the Bible fully? I guess it's a presupposition thing?
I mean, what? There are like 20,000 manuscripts and fragments of new Testament manuscripts that support 98% of what we know as the New Testament.
But most still want to talk about gnostic text as gospel. To me, it's weird.

So, what the heck are you talking about with geology? is this a secular religion thing in the form of evolution where you consider the dogma as the proof?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
OBAMA is a terrorist he was planted here to take down america which better way to do it is from the inside just like the TROJAN HORSE u get inside. And Bin Laden said the last video he had made he said they are going attack us with something of the likes we never seen

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Nooo
Don't do it right wing...keep riding that birther crazy train right up until election day...

your ruining my lulz!

Oh, no worries of that, there is a umm I don't know what to call it...a mental condition? That the more you prove someone wrong, the more likely they are to become entrenched in their position. So a true blue birther would never let something like facts stand in the way of their reason. They hate Obama and refuse to acknowledge the real reasons behind their hatred lest their true colors be shown.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join