It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to announce Presidency in Iowa tomorrow..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
April 25, 2011 News Corp

He mentions he is going to "start an exploratory committee" and then "depending on the response" he will "make the next decision".

I hope his son doesn't run with him, to be honest.

From the "response" online over the years... and winning straw poll 2 years in a row... I believe he is the real Republican contender.

GO USA

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As much I want him to win, I don't think he is going to win just because he is the enemy of the TPTB.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I don't think the elites will let Ron win. But if he does win and he does what he wants to do he'd have my vote if I wasn't 16. He'd be the best president America's ever had. And the first true patriot in decades.

Ron and Jesse

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Did anybody notice that Hannity almost wanted to force an apology from Ron about the peole throwing snowballs at him? Ron is like Did you get hurt?? hahah Why do you think they threw snowballs out you Hannity.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

He has my vote.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If he runs under the Republican nomination I WILL NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!! The R's and the GOP will shape him into what they want him to be just like they did everybody else.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

And also Hannity talked with Dick morrison about presidential contenders and I dont think Ron's name came up

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Independent

Ron Paul has maintained the same message for many years, he stands for what he believes in. I do not think that he would let the party deter him/change him, his votes during his time as a congressman are proof of this. One reason for him running as a republican is because a majority of voters believe that only 2 options exists in the election; Republicans and Democrats. Using the 2 party system is his best chance, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Independent
If he runs under the Republican nomination I WILL NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!! The R's and the GOP will shape him into what they want him to be just like they did everybody else.

Such as?...

Honest question, for I've only been following American elections since I was about 16, or right around when Clinton was leaving office..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
RP has an impeccable voting record spanning the entirety of his political career. The current Republican party has much more to fear what RP would change the party to as opposed to the other way around. He is also the only Republican I would vote for. I would rather he ran as a third party, but he realizes his chances of winning doing that are drastically lower. And it would be nice to see the Republican party going back to its conservative more constitutionalists roots.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'd be happy to vote for him again.
Any official word on if he's running? I haven't seen anything on it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Not only drastically lower, nigh impossible. The "R's" and the "D's" control between them who gets onto the ballots, and into the debates. If you don't have an R or a D; you don't debate, plain and simple. (Thats the only way they can control the "debate"...if you can call it that.)

Heck, the last time this country had a president that wasn't an "R" or a "D" was 1908! Class, today's phrase is: "The system is rigged"....

But as the saying goes: "When you vote for the lesser of two evils; you're still voting for evil." Even if he doesn't run again, I'll still write him in.

edit on 26-4-2011 by blood0fheroes because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I beg to differ. Ron is not going to be transformed by the Gop Republican Party. He Is Not A Lemin. He doesnt follow the leader like a hearded animal. I back him 100%

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Well things are never going to change if you have that attitude. Do you know what integrity is? It's when your actions, statements and beliefs are in allignment. I can't think of anyone this applies to more than Ron Paul. I know everyones been screwed over by previous candidates who say one thing and do another, but not once in Ron Pauls career has he ever strayed from his message.

Not voting for Ron Paul is a mistake. Fact! (Note: possibly not a real fact)

Thundersmurf
Peace™

new topics

top topics

join