It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra or Dog Shot and Killed in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
looks like a deer....

Odd

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
For supper tonight, I had either the flesh and blood of a thousand virgins, or a slice of pizza.

No, seriously, I did.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Concerning the two that were shot and killed in Texas. They could not be Muntjac deer because they have Hooves, not claws or paws.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok to explain a few things .....................

The fact that there is a fresh trail of feces from the animal shows it was alive as all animals defecate or expel bodily excrement upon death if there is a buildup of any sort.

The lack of a noticable gum line is very common in undernuroushed animals of any sort. Also a receeding gum line will make the teeth appear very prominent which explains why they look large.

The jaw line not matching up could just be the angle of the photo given it appears to line up in other photos , however even if its not the angle its not uncommon for canines to have shorter lower jaws do to malnurishment ( ive seen several )

The statement that the front legs are smaller then the back is either very misleading or completely false. If the person who said that meant the front legs are shorter then the back then they either blatantly lied or they have never really examined the bone structure of a canine. Canines as well as most other 4 legged animals have an extremly prominent muscle and bone structure in the rear legs making them look larger due to the hips. I have taken one of the pics and placed it in a photoshop program to measure the legs and both front and back are within a half an inch of length which is normal for a dog. Perhaps the person meant the front legs where smaller in diameter then the back which is true but its also normal for any canine to have stronger more musclular legs in the back then in the front.

The lack of blood, the lack of hair, and the semi necrotic state of the body easily tie into one another. Sarcoptic mange atacks the skin causeing hairloss, it also eats away at the skin causing it to actually rot and in some severe cases the animal is nothing more then a walking corpse. The mange will litterally eat away at the animal making it rot inside and out. If you dig up a corpse and shoot it you wont get blood from it and the same applies for a semi rotting living creature ( depending on where on the body you shoot it of course )

This animal is not likely a coyote and i cant beleive the amount of experts over looked this but has anyone ever seen a spotted coyote? Look at the first one of these animals that was shot , the body has dark spots randomly appearing on its body. Some of you may not releize this but an animals color pattern goes all the way to the skin , meaning if you shave a striped tiger the tiger will still have stripes in its skin , the same goes for spots on a dog . The skin on a dalmation is litterally a mirror image of the dogs hair coloring there skin is white with big black splotches on it. This animal was clearly had spots in its fur coat and ive never seen any refference to spotted coyotes nor can i find any documentation on it. ( granted i could be wrong on this one but i dont think i am )

The animal is also not a fox given its weight, a fat fox would be lucky to weigh 15 to 20 pounds let alone a malnourished one.

It puzzles me why they are having such a problem identifying this dog, it also puzzles me why its not the CDC being contacted versus zoos. If this as well as the other animals that have been spotted in maryland have a common link it could be an extremely hazardous biological problem in the works.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Also forgot to add that the claws on the paws being extended like that again indicates this is a domestic animal not a wild one. Anyone who has dealt with wild animals will tell you that wild animals will take care of excessive nail growth in some fashion. a dog will dig or scratch on a rock or use another method to take care of excessive nail growth becuase when they get to long they actually hurt the animal when they walk so this would indicate to me that this animal was kept captive and denied the ability to grind down its nails

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
OK HERES ONE FOR YA!!!!

Last night I went to work Grave shift and when I got there I heard that the area I was in was under lock down because a man was seen sitting on the side of the freeway and he had a rifle in his lap. The cops never found him but my friend at work said that was funny because in the same exact area she saw a weird dog like animal running around and she said it was mangy and just very weird looking. That was a few nights ago. Then when another co worker came to work we were all talking about this guy with the rifle and she said, thats weird, when I was on my way home from Portland the other night I saw an animal walking along the freeway in the bushes and it was not any animal I have ever seen before and she definately knows animals believe me. Her thoughts were that this guy with the rifle was probably trying to shoot this creature whatever it was. I asked her if she thought maybe it was a chupacabra but she had never heard of one before.

Within 3 miles of this place we do have an animal experimantal place that is supposed to be doing stuff for the bettterment of medicine, but, who knows whats really there.
Maybe this creature escaped.

So there it is. From the horses mouth, if I learn more I'll post it here.
dnvrliz.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
the link to the story doesn't work, btw

from what i can see from this tiiiiny little picture, it looks like some kind of deer. i worked with muntjacs when i was on work experience at penyscynor zoo (in south wales) way back when i still had my own teeth.
their feet do look a little like paws if you're not concentrating. their hooves are cloven and narrow, and the species at the zoo even had what looked like dew claws.
the way the rump curves down, and the pose of the front legs does lead me away from the idea that this is a dog, but it isn't entirely impossible that this could simply be a fox.
either way, i can't help getting angry at the whole shooting thing. how much easier it's identification would have been if it had been trapped or tranquilized (see my other post about my sensational tranq idea that will never catch on lol).

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
well it looks like a hairless poodle to me, and thats all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join