It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know anything about this symbol?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ef30d74dd2a.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5736e562abd7.png[/atsimg]

Any theories?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
any context? where is it? who owns it? what is its significance to you?

looks like a standard mosaic tile pattern i have seen everywhere mosaic tile work is popular.
edit on 25-4-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Looks like a compass image.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Who were you spying on when you came across this image I think is the more relevant question. Seems like an odd place to just be zooming in on.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hmm.

Here in Florida we have a lot of people who will fill their entire yards with shells, typically with a design or figure in the middle.

This is what that reminds me of.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Looks like a compass

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It looks like a four point star in the middle of the circle. Here's an ebay listing with the symbol used a us fancy cancel cgi.ebay.com...

and here's a link about the meaning of the star www.symbols.com...

I look for more and post as I find them. So what is this place?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It could be a sundial? Looks a little run-down, maybe it's broken.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
To me the center circle looks less like a cross and more like this symbol for wax or oil:
www.symbols.com...

but it's kinda blurry so hard to say.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Am I on crack tonight or something?

What has this, like several other threads in this forum started today, got to do with aliens and UFO's?
edit on 25-4-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by inspiringyouth

S&F

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

What has this, like several other threads in this forum started today, got to do with aliens and UFO's?

I work in the fastener business. When I do our catalog, this is the symbol I use for "combo" screw-heads (you, know--can take either a Phillips or a square-head screwdriver). Whatever it is, you're absolutely right. By what stretch this would be associated with aliens or UFOs takes a better imagination than mine....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

We could speculate that it was a UFO port or some type of message for aerial viewers, which is why I posted it here. I looked at other forums first, but settled on this one because I had yet to decide, for myself, what the significance of this symbol and its whereabouts might be. Aside from all of that, I figured this forum would be the most responsive to identifying the symbol. Are you on crack or something? If you are and you can not remember ingesting any crack or something(s) you might want to seek medical attention, in less that is you are intentionally being absent minded.

I appreciate the links and the theories, I'd like to hear more.

When I was ten years old I moved back to Rhode Island, where I had been born. I only lived there for a year and I can only recall bits and pieces of those times. I recently decided to try and find the house I had lived in via google maps/earth (my house is on the opposite side of the street). When I finally found it I noticed this symbol and it aroused my curiosity. Having been a long time member I decided to post and see what I found out. If a mod feels the thread would be suited better elsewhere he/she should feel free to move it.

new topics

top topics

join