It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: London Hub of Al-Qaeda's Global Terrorism Network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
telegraph.co.uk

At least 35 terrorists incarcerated at Guantánamo Bay were sent to fight against the West after being indoctrinated by extremist preachers in Britain, secret files obtained by The Daily Telegraph disclose.

The leaked documents, written by senior US military commanders at Guantánamo Bay, illustrate how, for two decades, Britain effectively became a crucible of terrorism, with dozens of extremists, home-grown and from abroad, radicalised here.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
that doesnt surprise me, london is a very multicultural city but alot of the various nationalities from around the world have segregated themselves into various groups..
it is a fantastic city for those who want to come from abroad, and live in another country. they will find integrating into the society relatively easy, but in the world alot of people dont see and what msn dont report on is that, deep down there is hatred and simmering tensions amongst these various groups.. and i fear it has gone beyond the point of no return.
just recently in there was a story, covered by the uk msn and it was about muslim extremists, in an area called tower hamlets in london, trying to impose sharia law, with threats of violence to other muslims for various "crimes"
one example was a young muslim woman being threatened for not covering her hair..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

More from the Article that may support your position:
Telegraph.co.uk

The documents show that at least 35 detainees at Guantánamo had passed through Britain before being sent to fight against Allied forces in Afghanistan. This is thought to be more than from any other Western nation.
Of those, 18 were originally from abroad. The other 17 were British nationals or citizens granted residency here after claiming asylum, who were indoctrinated before being sent to terrorist training camps in Afghanistan.

The top-secret documents show how Muslim men travelled to European countries such as France, from where they obtained fake EU passports. They then crossed the channel to take advantage of Britain’s generous asylum system.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am a Londoner, born and bred. I never thought I would feel uncomfortable or threatened in my home town.
There are areas of London I do not go to, as I now cannot be safe. Gangs of men, gangs of women, beggars, children scavenging.

I never thought I would witness children begging on the streets of London. I hang on tight to my handbag, aware that I am now a target.

There are parts of London where it is very rare to see an English face, yet for years it has been taboo to point this out.

I don't recall the average Englishperson ever saying "what we need in London is gangs of men sitting around smoking hookah pipes".

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
'Dozens of extremists'

Whilst we must always take the threat of terrorism seriously and deal with the individuals who are planning to commit such atrocities, people need to realise that it is a seriously small minority who are led by these extremist preachers.
To all of you who are constantly trying to slander Islam look at this article as proof that the vast majority of Muslims in Britain reject this sort of radical preaching. Over 600 thousand Muslims in London, if this sort of extremism was all over Britain you'd expect there to be more than DOZENS of guantanamo inmates who have been 'radicalised' over here. Yet media spin has millions afraid of Islam and stirs up hatred against Muslims because of an extremely miniscule and isolated group of misled individuals who are drawn to extremism through brainwashing and misunderstanding Islam. These misled individuals are siezed upon by the media because they make for a perfect opportunity to misrepresent Islam and keep people hostile and frightened (also serving as a propaganda wing of our foreign policy and allows them to justify our wars in the middle east).

The religion and doctrines of Islam reject terrorism, in Islam war is only acceptable in self defence or to rescue and defend persecuted people when there are no other options for the resolution of conflict.

edit on 26-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: to add + spelling

edit on 26-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I was really surprised by this being reported in the MSN this week, really surprised because they acted like this was new information. We have known for years that London was in the past seen as a safe-haven for violent Islamic extremists its been talked about in the media in the past and by a number of former intelligence chiefs, hell the French intelligence used to refer to London as “Londistan”.

top topics

join