It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People with the need to preach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It seems like these days there are a lot of people who are trying to sell their ideas of the purpose of life and how to live it. Whether it be religion, spiritual, self help, etc. Usually the need is buried under the belief of helping others but is it just our pride trying to be seen and heard?

Anyone notice the increase of those who are preaching these days?
edit on 25-4-2011 by Ralphy because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I see what you mean. I see christianity fading out a bit and with it comes people either preaching alternative views or religions, and christians attempting to stand their ground. Strange times. I tend to express my views when asked, or when somebody tries to preach to me.
edit on 25-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

It's funny. I was sitting up all night reading God's Word, while others play games, read conspiracy bull#, and strum guitars. Hmmmmph.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have noticed a huge up tick in "personal coaches" and such. It seems like every cat out their has tried to re-brand themselves with a new job title (I actually think they were people out of work that went to a seminar and are trying to start a new career).

Perhaps the other issue on a larger scale is that people are becoming disillusioned with a lot of the mainstream religions and the people that run the show. We seem to seek some sort of meaning or purpose to life as a species, and need something that doesn't have so much baggage as many mainstream religions.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Those people in Japan had better start tuning in to the Word! I'll tell ya another thing as well. Just stop talking for a few minutes and don't interrupt me. I have the same problem with other people. All they want to talk about is fracked water tables, nuclear rain, why 'pot' should be some kind of right to smoke and grow because it fights cancer...all you need is JESUS. Boy, hard times are coming. Get to know the LORD. Let the HOLY SPIRIT show you how the Bible is the only book worth reading. Everything else is false idols.

Jesus IS God!!! He made the mountains with His Hands. The whole universe was formed by HIS HANDS.
edit on 25-4-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I can't explain anyone else's need to preach my friend. I make it my mission to come on here and "preach" everyday. Why? Because I see a world divided. I see that divisiveness as the very thing that is destroying us. I see a way towards unity. I see a way to a better world. So I come to share it. I don't ask anyone to do anything I have not already done myself. I do not demand that others follow me or even request it. Those who hear what I have to say and believe it, will.

So, because I would rather see a world of peace, a world united in brotherhood, I come on here and share my view. To be silent is unthinkable.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
Those people in Japan had better get to know the Holy Spirit. I'll tell ya another thing as well. Just stop talking for a few minutes and don't interrupt me. I have the same problem with other people. All they want to talk about is fracked water tables, nuclear rain, why 'pot' should be some kind of right to smoke and grow...all you need is JESUS.

Jesus IS God!!!

The Japanese have Buddhism. It seems to work for them, and has a lot less baggage attached to it than most other religions in the world.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

It's called sowing seed. I bought this stuff at trader joes because they were sowing seed. If you want tomatoes, you don't plant corn. It took me years to understand this. Finally, a little voice (the Holy Spirit) revealed what it meant. If you want tomatoes, you plant tomato seeds!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

It took you years of planting corn to realize if you wanted tomatoes you had to plant tomato seeds? And God had to tell you this?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Usually the need is buried under the belief of helping others but is it just our pride trying to be seen and heard?

It requires quite a degree of self-awareness and self-honesty to see the ego and pride hidden behind the altruistic intentions of one's preaching "pearls of wisdom" to those who we think may benefit from our words. Some manage to conceal their ego better than others, but sooner or later it reveals itself when the preached wisdom is sufficiently opposed and challenged.

I suppose the idea is to understand the message and ignore the messenger as far as practical, though I must admit that I am far more likely to take notice of words spoken in humility than those offered with pride.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

It took you years of planting corn to realize if you wanted tomatoes you had to plant tomato seeds? And God had to tell you this?

Yes. It isn't enough to just tune in to God's Word. You must RECEIVE it as well. It is a little voice. I spent years studying, so it's definitely GOD'S WORD! If you are sitting around just humming to yourself like some old fart, the demons will start to mislead you. Those demons from hell. I never met a preacher who can tell me what Jesus did when he went to hell. Here is what HE did. He defeated satan. Ask me how I know this.

This does not mean that I am Jesus, however. I'm not even special. You must ask the Lord to guide you as you study the Word. It all comes together. The Bible wraps up the whole story of what happens to earth. But you have to spend TIME reading the Word. You have to ask the Holy Spirit for revelation knowledge. If someone in your house is humming nonsense, you have the AUTHORITY to BIND them. The demons can't understand you if you speak in tongues (another sure sign you are on the right path).

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes. It isn't enough to just tune in to God's Word. You must RECEIVE it as well. It is a little voice. I spent years studying, so it's definitely GOD'S WORD! If you are sitting around just humming to yourself like some old fart, the demons will start to mislead you. Those demons from hell. I never met a preacher who can tell me what Jesus did when he went to hell. Here is what HE did. He defeated satan. Ask me how I know this.

Ok, how do you know this?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 25-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

It's not my god.

I'm not Jewish.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

It is written: I suppose if all the good deeds Jesus did were recorded in books, there wouldn't be enough room in the universe to contain them.

I think defeating satan falls under this umbrella, eh? Praise the Lord!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

It is written: I suppose if all the good deeds Jesus did were recorded in books, there wouldn't be enough room in the universe to contain them.

I think defeating satan falls under this umbrella, eh? Praise the Lord!

I can certainly agree with this. Jesus having defeated Satan, there should be no Christians worrying about Satan or demons any more. That being the case, they should be showing love to all and not judging anyone for evil is defeated.

I can totally agree with this my friend. Spread the word.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well I'm not going to stop "trying to sell" my ideas just because you think that maybe it's "just our pride trying to be seen and heard", I'm not afraid of what you or anyone else thinks of me. To me it seems like these days it's morally okay to insinuate that people who believe differently than they do as proud, ignorant, stupid, unworthy to be seen and heard, that these people should be stopped at all costs through ridicule, guilt trips, ect. These people seem to want censorship and for a voice of a multitude to be silenced. I'm not just talking about "religious" people, if we are to deny ignorance, then why are so many people clammoring for censorship of opposing views?
I'd like to know why so many people are afraid to come out and speak the truth about their hatred of "preachers".
edit on 25-4-2011 by Wonders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

That's right. All these spiritual babies come on with their fear mongering about radiation (I just laugh when I look at our acid burned plants in the backyard, and the metallic taste reminds me of lead paint) and I say: what does that have to do with Jesus? lol

Just remind them that the police are part of your 'spiritual weapons' cache, which you can use to remove any unwanted presence from your surroundings. Even lie, make stuff up. Who are they gonna acknowledge, some burnout with a guitar missing three strings and eyes as red as satan's dick, or a taxpaying home owner with God's word tattooed all over the place?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

some burnout with a guitar missing three strings and eyes as red

I resemble that remark!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Those people in Japan had better start tuning in to the Word! I'll tell ya another thing as well. Just stop talking for a few minutes and don't interrupt me. I have the same problem with other people. All they want to talk about is fracked water tables, nuclear rain, why 'pot' should be some kind of right to smoke and grow because it fights cancer...all you need is JESUS. Boy, hard times are coming. Get to know the LORD. Let the HOLY SPIRIT show you how the Bible is the only book worth reading. Everything else is false idols.

Jesus IS God!!! He made the mountains with His Hands. The whole universe was formed by HIS HANDS.

while I agree with a few things, just wanted to point out that when it comes to hand fashioning mountains/universe, this includes humans(earth) and their ability to reason- even on how to eliminate suffering or save life, whether from cancer or the same kind of unjustified violent hostile forces that would arrest/murder Jesus still over something as petty as eating wheat on The "Sabbath" as well as the ability to grow in knowledge regarding all these issues and more, also in regards to what is called a "good herb seed" by God

Isaiah1
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Genesis 1
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY
COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD
Seeds of the plant cannabis sativa, hemp seed, contain all the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary to maintain healthy human life. No other single plant source has the essential amino acids in such an easily digestible form, nor has the essential fatty acids in as perfect a ratio to meet human nutritional needs.
www.ratical.org...

amazing is'nt it? you may find this interesting also

Through comparative etymology, analysis of ancient texts (including pre-Hebrew Semitic language), and pharmacological consistencies she contends that the word kaneh-bosm actually refers to cannabis and was used in ancient Jewish religious rites, as a medicine and ritual sacrament. Benet's work is an example that cannabis use has a long culturally important history, and that the criminalization and demonization of cannabis is a recent invention

In 1980 the Hebrew University in Israel confirmed Sula Benet's interpretation of Kaneh Bosm (kineboisin) as hemp blossoms.[4]

However, the words 'Kaneh bosm' are not in the KJV or the new international version of the bible. This is because the translators from the original language determined that "Kaneh bosm" should be interpreted as "Calamus" and other similar sounding plants.en.wikipedia.org...

Quoting the New Testament, Mr Bennett argues that Jesus anointed his disciples with the oil and encouraged them to do the same with other followers. This could have been responsible for healing eye and skin diseases referred to in the Gospels. “If cannabis was one of the main ingredients of the ancient anointing oil and receiving this oil is what made Jesus the Christ and his followers Christians, then persecuting those who use cannabis could be considered anti-Christ,” Mr Bennett concludes. www.oregonmedicalmarijuanaprogram.com...

Anthropologist Sula Benet's evidence was confirmed in 1980 by the Hebrew Institute of Jerusalem[1] that the Holy anointing oil used by the Hebrews to anoint all Priests, and later Kings and Prophets, contained cannabis extracts, "kaneh bosm" (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם), and that it is listed as an incense tree in the original Hebrew and Aramaic texts of the Old Testament. [2][3] The Unction, Seal, laying on of hands, the Counselor, and the Holy Spirit are all often synonymous with the Holy anointing oil.[4] Early Gnostic texts indicate that the Chrism is essential to becoming a "Christian." en.wikipedia.org...

this Simpson guy agrees and now a very close relative of mine also (diagnosed w/prostate cancer and was spreading- started diet using only seeds/multi-beans and so far has stopped)- the last person on earth anyone would've thought would try regardless-now a firm believer

by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge
Hosea4

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Acts17
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth
edit on 25-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I enjoy challenging folks, and while it may seem as if I'm preaching, I find that if I state something in a definitive manner, I attract a lot more heat from the rank and file here. And that's what helps me learn whether a notion I'm working with has any viability, and often just how viable that notion is. I've worked a lot of concepts out on this board by drawing flies, and having the more aggressive folks here challenge me on my ideas.

I wouldn't have a third of what I've gotten vetted if not for my stints of "preaching" on this board. Some forums only offer trolls, but I've been pretty pleased with the opposition I've encountered here. My AutoGenesisism premise has matured significantly over the last 6 months alone. I think that healthy debate is valuable when trying to determine the accuracy and proper interpretation of the kind of discoveries that have been resulting in the new assertions showing up lately.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join