It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Issues Warning of Solar Superstorm 2012 - "One Billion Could Die!"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
reply to post by jaydeePNW

I'm guessing the elite would be making use of groups like Xe Services and select military for their needs. They would likely bury themselves in their bunkers, wait a few years for the situation to sort itself out (going along with their population reduction desires), and then climb out, tech in hand, and reclaim the planet with their NWO plans.
As for keeping the secret: If you were guaranteed to have a spot in the bunkers free from the radiation and starvation with your family, would you risk your spot (your child's spot) to tell the rest of the world? I think its a question worth pondering.

This poster right here knows EXACTLY what they are talking about (and forgive me for "creeping", but I have been following through the thread all along and have admired every single one of your posts). You possess the aforementioned common sense that 90% of this world lacks.

If the world has fair warning, those bunkers would be bombarded in a rampaging frenzy to say the least. People expect the government to "look after us" by warning us of such an impenfing disaster, yet if they told us politely and with plenty of time to spare, they would be the same people to resort to violent tactics to make sure they obtain those "spots" instead of the elite. That's because humanity nowadays bleeds ignorance. Every man for himself.

On another note, just by witnessing most peoples' lack of knowledge in this thread on the subject of electrical power and its utilization, it becomes apparently obvious that they have no credibility in the "this won't happen!" argument. Clearly, you have no educational background to begin with. Not only that, it just goes to show how much society takes this type of necessity for granted on a daily basis. Consistently saying "it won't happen" won't make the situation any less of a possibility, and furthermoe, going on to say that this topic is wasting other peoples' time and should be deleted, (being posted on a "conspiracy" board where speculative conversation in encouraged... go figure!!) just makes you sound highly in denial.

Do you really need a certified scientist to tell you that mass destruction would occur if electrical power went out for a duration any longer than a few days? Come on, people.. use your freaking brains a little!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RideTheLightning89

Do you really need a certified scientist to tell you that mass destruction would occur if electrical power went out for a duration any longer than a few days? Come on, people.. use your freaking brains a little!

I live in a small town approximately 13,000 people here in the midwest. I really do not see mass crazyness happening here. I have been thinking about this lately. Last week we got hit by a tornado, this week we are under water. Not all places have power right now. Everybody around here at least knows how to fish and hunt or they know some one that knows how to. Hunger will not be the problem around here. Unless you live in a super populated area, I think it is manageable. I feel for the big city folks.

Lots of people have lots of protection in these parts.

edit on 27-4-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by heineken

yep...i seriously think that FEMA Camps and Denver bunkers might be real after all...assuming that the points I mentioned above..a guy from Senglea Malta..did reach your President ..do you really believe that its wise to downplay such a threat?..can anybody be so brain dead to not at least take some precautions in silence? you decide

Wow....okay, so in the midst of an electrical blackout, I'm curious how you think the military is gonna round us all up and put us into FEMA camps? You DO realize there's gonna have to be plenty of military in cities all across the nation to do this? And, since practically our entire military is abroad fighting never-ending wars, I'm guessing they will have to take a "time out" from said wars and fly back here in this electrical blackout so they can disperse among our communities and started rounding us up like the raving lunatics that we will be.

bush signed a law that allows for Mexican and Canadian troops to enter into the united states to help with civil unrest. If you want to know what martial law will look like, then google Toronto G20

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I say dig a hole, assume the fetal position and kiss you a$$ goodbye???

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I've actually been thinking about the nuclear reactor problem for a bit now and it seems that the State of Indiana may have helped solidify my theory on the matter.
I'll ask this question to any reader: How many people think the Earthquake in Japan was caused by HAARP?
The reason I ask is; it seems that ever since the disaster in Japan, a whole lot of people across the big pond have been rethinking their positions on Nuclear Energy (Indiana being one of them). So maybe Fukushima was a scare tactic to get these facilities to shut down before such an event like an EMP occurs. Of course it could also be said that this tactic was used to scare people away from NE because it was stealing business away from the Oil industry, but I digress. The point is, if they can close enough of these facilities, the threat will be minimized. Not that they're worried. Most of the "elite" bunkers have about 240 years worth of rations per person, and going by Chernobyl, the radiation effects dilute after 15 or so years. Who knows. In the event of a CME from the sun they'd have four days to bury the reactors under boron and concrete. That's 104 (+/-) reactors. Quite a few to bury, but it wouldn't be impossible. Hell, it could be done after the EMP hit and by the workers, while the elite were safely buried away. These workers aren't going to let their families parish via radiation poisoning. Learning what they learned from the Fukushima ordeal, they'll likely react very quickly to the situation.

Good to see someone has some sense to foretell the obvious. People seem to have no idea how things will play out in a situation like this, and to galvanize their ignorance further they won't even read every post in this thread to educate themselves a bit. Its clear in the things they say in their comments; "I know how to hunt, how to reload rounds. I live near a river or have my own well." Radiation threat aside (due to the idea that they may have this factor covered), many people are still dependent on medication and machines to survive. You may be able to hunt, fish, and gather water, but then again, this threat isn't about you, its about the person who has to take insulin every day just to keep from going into a diabetic coma; insulin that has a shelf life of about 3 months (refridgerated) or 3 days (non-refridgerated). Without power, it'll be hard to manufacture more for the millions who need it. Back to hunting; you may know how to hunt, and so you go out with your rifle only to realize, hunting just got a lot more dangerous. There are now fifty people within firing range of your position and they're all vying for the same deer, rabbit, beaver, whatever. Within weeks the game will be scared out of its territory or depleted entirely. You'll have to move to find more. Those with working farms will find them harder to work without tractors or harvesters. Those with livestock will find that livestock constant prey for travelling passerby folk looking to score an easy meal. People have no idea what they're talking about and its frustrating to read these kinds of comments, because I know its these people that'll be the most dangerous when the $h!t hits the fan. Not in a deliberate predatorial kind of way, but in a desperate random kind of way. Its soothing to know there are a couple of us out there bearing a little common sense.

Originally posted by DONTBEIGNORANT

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by heineken

yep...i seriously think that FEMA Camps and Denver bunkers might be real after all...assuming that the points I mentioned above..a guy from Senglea Malta..did reach your President ..do you really believe that its wise to downplay such a threat?..can anybody be so brain dead to not at least take some precautions in silence? you decide

Wow....okay, so in the midst of an electrical blackout, I'm curious how you think the military is gonna round us all up and put us into FEMA camps? You DO realize there's gonna have to be plenty of military in cities all across the nation to do this? And, since practically our entire military is abroad fighting never-ending wars, I'm guessing they will have to take a "time out" from said wars and fly back here in this electrical blackout so they can disperse among our communities and started rounding us up like the raving lunatics that we will be.

Bush signed a law that allows for Mexican and Canadian troops to enter into the united states to help with civil unrest. If you want to know what martial law will look like, then google Toronto G20

There are also FEMA laws that allow FEMA to draft civilians to do whatever it is that they need done. You may find yourself being called out of work to drive a bus taking people to camps, who knows. They also have laws that allow them to commandeer personal vehicles, weapons, and food rations. Well aren't we well protected?

Originally posted by Vandettas
Is this straight from NASA's website? If not then I'm not interested in it..Not even 000000.1% interested in it.

Why didn't you just say "0.1%"?

edit on 27-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by mesaana

yours is a very good point..i have been thinking about this a lot..with over hundred plants in the US alone..it just freaks you out thinking of the possibility that all of them can go meltdown at once

i hope somebody..somewhere..is taking this xit seriously enough

Yes.. there is quite a lot of nuclear power plants, in USA.

Number of operating reactors: 104 (35 boiling water reactors, 69 pressurized water reactors)

Number of shutdown reactors:
Greater than 100 MW: 14
Total reactors shutdown: 28

Nuclear Energy Institute - U.S. Nuclear Power Plants

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We have some excellent posts here and I really believe that if the worst hits and SHTF many people will take some of the knowledge and put it to good use - if they get the chance.

Forewarned is forearmed - even in what appears to be a hopeless situation, I still have a sneaky feeling - just something in my gut is telling me it's perhaps all a cover for the Haarp attacks that have been going on for years, carried out by a number of countries.

.The science of Haarp is beyond our comprehension (all respect to those who do understand) and that is how they are able to carry on doing what they are doing. Open warfare no longer exists.

But either way - whatever is coming our way and (most people feel it) we're in for one hell of a shock but mankind being mankind will survive as they have before.

If this Solar Storm is the real thing - again we will start again. But preparation is key, knowledge is power and we might just need every bit of it.

I won't be one of those who says - after the event - I WISH I'D LISTENED!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Is this straight from NASA's website? If not then I'm not interested in it..Not even 000000.1% interested in it.

Why didn't you just say "0.1%"?

edit on 27-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

I think he meant "0.000001%". Funny... these types of people are drawing conclusions and insisting on why nothing will happen in the future, yet they can't do simple grade 5 math involving placement of a decimal point. It kinda takes away from a hearty debate, doesn't it? I'm surprised they figured out how to create an account on ATS

That was probably pretty mean on my part, and i'm sorry. But really, if the world DOES end, would it have really mattered on waht i said in a thread on a website taht only a very miniscule fraction of the world saw?? Seriously, there are several signs that point towards this crisis potentially coming true.

For instance, ponder this: Have you taken a look at the sun recently? If you manage to squint enough to see through the glare, you will see taht the sun is no longer yellow - it's whitish, and seems to be getting paler and paler every day. Now I'm no scientist, but i DID take science class.. isn't it true that the whiter an object is, the hotter it is? (please chime in and correct me if the opposite is true, but I believe I'm right here) But anyways, knowing this, isn't it kinda scary? The sun is overdue for another solar tsnunami (a.k.a The Carrington Event of 1859), we have our 11 year cycle ending in 2012 (and it will peak at its maximum in the latter portions of 2012 or early 2013), and we've already seen heightened solar flare activity in the past several months.
So why did I bring up the "colour"? Well, because i think this giant ball of gas has more up it sleeve than we give it credit for. It's dying to release something. Seeing as how very few people know how to grow their own food in comparison to the world as a whole, and seeing as how anyone who experienced the last event in 1859 (and knew how to cope with it) is no longer alive, I'd say we are SCREWED, unless we kick it into high gear.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
... and then the "great giant alien spaceship" would come to our rescue while our world is in total darkness, chaos... hungers... fears... prayers...nuclear reactors melt down... etc... pretended to be the "angels" sent by the "pretended God = Alien"

... I just cant wait for this " independent day.. " one more time =

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by leeangqi
... and then the "great giant alien spaceship" would come to our rescue while our world is in total darkness, chaos... hungers... fears... prayers...nuclear reactors melt down... etc... pretended to be the "angels" sent by the "pretended God = Alien"

Laugh while you still can

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

For instance, ponder this: Have you taken a look at the sun recently? If you manage to squint enough to see through the glare, you will see taht the sun is no longer yellow - it's whitish, and seems to be getting paler and paler every day.

I am no scientist either, but it could be whitish to you because you are burning your retinas. You are not supposed to look at the sun directly without any eye protection. I doubt you could see a diffence day to day with your eyes. If you do it on a daily bases this probably explains your vision problems with our sun.

Actually I kind of got a laugh out of your post. I am not picking on you, I just recommend that you stop staring at the sun directly. Squinting or not. It is unhealthy. Trust me. I am a welder, save your eyes.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I remember back in the late 80's or early 90's when we had the summer from hell. People were staying in with their air conditioners just like they did with their fireplaces in winter. I had a neighbor who walked a postal route and he said that just the shading of his eyes under the bill of his cap was no where good enough that summer. He said that for the first time since he could remember that he needed a good pair of sunglasses to keep from ending the day feeling as though his eyes had been fried. And the reason he told me that is because I had made a similar statement to him. I ran an industrial repair service and I had to use sunglasses myself while driving to and from job sites. Driving without eye protection was much more that summer than a simple matter of inconvenience, it was absolutely necessary if you didn't want to spend all your spare cash on Visine eye drops.

So it is possible for the sun to change its output since this was before all the flap about holes in the ozone layer.

Do any of you remember this???

BTW - This was in the suburbs of Chicago Illinois.
edit on 28-4-2011 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I am no scientist either, but it could be whitish to you because you are burning your retinas. You are not supposed to look at the sun directly without any eye protection. I doubt you could see a diffence day to day with your eyes. If you do it on a daily bases this probably explains your vision problems with our sun.

Actually I kind of got a laugh out of your post. I am not picking on you, I just recommend that you stop staring at the sun directly. Squinting or not. It is unhealthy. Trust me. I am a welder, save your eyes.

Yes, I am well aware of that, but I don't do this on a daily basis. But when you are driving and the sun is setting in the horizon directly in front of you on occasion, it's hard NOT to deal with it, eye protection or not. When it's down low enough though, the glare is tolerable to the eyes. And the sun is WHITE! Again, I don't know if this means anything or not (i hope not!), but all i know is that I wasn't a child that long ago, and I know for a FACT that back then the sun was yellow.

Just sayin'!

edit on 28-4-2011 by RideTheLightning89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

I remember back in the late 80's or early 90's when we had the summer from hell. People were staying in with their air conditioners just like they did with their fireplaces in winter. I had a neighbor who walked a postal route and he said that just the shading of his eyes under the bill of his cap was no where good enough that summer. He said that for the first time since he could remember that he needed a good pair of sunglasses to keep from ending the day feeling as though his had been fried. And the reason he told me that is because I had made a similar statement to him. I ran an industrial repair service and I had to use sunglasses myself while driving to and from job sites. Driving without eye protection was much more that summer than a simple matter of inconvenience, it was absolutely necessary if you didn't want to spend all your spare cash on Visine eye drops.

So it is possible for the sun to change its output since this was before all the flap about holes in the ozone layer.

Do any of you remember this???

BTW - This was in the suburbs of Chicago Illinois.

We had a similar summer last year as well (Ontario, Canada). It literally was... the summer from hell. Yet the summer directly before that was unusualyl cool, and this upcoming summer is looking to be possibly another cool one. HOWEVER..... if you are in Chicago, this would probably be directly proportionate to the sun if you were in such dire need of sunglasses. For us, however, the complaint was excessive humidex so that's not directly related in whole to the sun.
So to answer your question, I don't know

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
reply to post by awcgs

Yes, exactly. Maybe, maybe not. But nowhere in that does he (or anyone else from Nasa) say "one billion could die." That's the problem. No one is denying the outright possibility of a devastating solar cycle. Some believe this cycle has the potential to be incredibly disruptive. But NASA - that I can see anywhere - has never said "one billion could die." That is the conclusion of others based on statements made by various experts.

yes your right it . they did not say "one billion could die." all I was pointing out to the op was that there was a statement made and that was the only thing I rememberd that was close to what he was meaning. was not intended as fact. just a link to what i thought he may be talking about. My bad if it was taking as nasa said that. Peace and anytime i write out of context, i hope my fellow ats members correct me as I am learning all the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by awcgs

Oh, don't worry about it. I wasn't correcting you personally. I was just reiterating the context again since it had been a few pages and people were still posting as though NASA themselves had confirmed a mass spate of deaths was imminent.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RideTheLightning89

Originally posted by leeangqi

Laugh while you still can

ok....

The fact is I'm laughing at the fear mongers and their "fear" intentions to set us = world up unto doom and gloom end of the world scenario.... before the Earth ascension = entering the plane of galaxy...

One more last time =
... its gona to be a tough ride home...

Best of Lucks to all!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
My Dog could start a Helium Account and write that the Cat next door is growing two heads and some people would believe it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

While a lot of what has been posted to this thread is alarmist the science behind the claim is still valid. We just don't know when it will happen or how bad it will be and we won't know if a true ELE event is happening until it is too late to do anything about it anyway.

Here is my position on the whole end times subject, not just the solar flare threat...

I believe that the biblical prophecies will come to pass and in the not too distant future. That means to me that if I have to die sometime anyway I will at least have a ringside seat for the greatest spectacle and the most important event, or group of events, since Jesus walked the earth. And I don't even have to buy overpriced tickets from a scalper.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I heard the way they keep the people quiet is by promising them entrance & seat into the underground bunkers. Today is 7/20/11. The troops are coming home now. President said they will all be home by end of 2012. I recommend google "HAARP" ON YouTube. Power outage may not be a natural disaster but man made. This is no secret. Check out Conspirary theories with Jesse Ventura on HAARP and many other things. You will be shocked.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join