It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Launches Presidential Campaign

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ron Paul is viewed upon as a nutjob and an outsider. His views are pretty much dead-on however, He is a bit too isolationist with his foreign policy. If my choice were him or Barry Hussein, I'd take Paul without hesitation.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If you have ever wanted some kind of change in how our government is run then you have to go with Ron Paul. do your own research on his background and how he wants to try and save America, not turn it into some North American Union.What do we have to lose. I know they have it fixed, so even if he really had all the votes he would never win. Or even if he did win and really started to clean house you really think who ever is running the show would just walk away. All i can say, is at least we can try, and mabye just some how this crazy thing we call Government might just have some honesty left in it. We need to get somebody in the white house who is truly for keeping this country free and independent. Ron Paul you have my !00% vote

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ron Paul's policies would put him immediately on a hit list by the same kind of people who whacked Kennedy.

So he needs a VP who would scare them even more.
Kucinich or Ventura as a running mate would ensure Paul would survive his presidency, as those are the only two who would scare TPTB even more than Paul.
lol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The last thing that bothers me about any candidate is weather they believe in evolution or not.

If they don't believe in evolution then there is an increased likelihood of the candidate not funding scientific research. It doesn't affect me as I'm not American, but I could see why a lot of people may not vote for him.

Hell I don't even know if I buy it but its a nice theory.

Well, it's a scientific fact so your opinion is invalid

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Hate to break it to you but evolution is not a scientific fact, it is a widely held and believed theory that is eroding every year given the new scientific discoveries being made that simply cannot support it. While I believe the concept of 'adaptation' that is included in evolution is quite true, the main premise of evolution is just not realistic. There is too much information out there challenging the theory to which supporters simply cannot defend. (i.e modern human bones carbon dated to 200,000 years ago.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly a creationist either
(again lets be realistic here), but I DO believe life forms are seeded here and simply adapt to their enviroment, they don't mutate.

Anyway that is a great inference you make though, beause it is very true IMO; if a candidate does not believe in evolution then I can see where they would not fund its research. And that certainly will affect peoples views towards them.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
well.. he was either bought off/feared off/pushed off his last campaign and personally..

i think he was pushed off .. the data speaks so .. but i guess that's another thread..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Ron Paul doesn't get pushed...he was pulled!

lol just kidding I don't know if he was or not,all I know is that to me?..all politicians come from the same tap.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
reply to post by Helious

realistically.

less than zero of a chance

Wow those are two claims seldom seen in conjunction.

He has realistically less than an absolute void chance of winning? Negative chance? What is that, risk of critical failure instead of normal failure? Oh golly.

On a more related note; Awesome! Wish I could vote on the guy, sadly I don't believe they accept Swedish votes.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I demand to see a long form birth certificate, his college transcripts, his financial records and any damn document I care to see

oh wait, he's white

carry on

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

2600+ posts with so few stars... Might one wonder why?

It may be because you contribute little to nothing?
I dont agree with popularity contests yet you might want to take notice and actually try to offer something more substantial to these threads.

What is your function here Program?
I expect an answer as programs must state their function when requested by a human master

No one person will change things. We got mind rays and bullets made of ice, do you understand?
We have tech that most cannot imagine let alone comprehend even if they were to witness it.

IMHO we havent had elected representatives since the Second Constitution.
Oh, you did not know that they made a second CONstitution?

It wasnt that the first one wasnt easily subverted as it was designed to be yet the second one was needed to ensure that all the representatives worked not for the people but for the US Corporation so that the nations assets could be sold to foreign interests without the states or the people being able to do anything about it because as far as these Business Men were concerned, what they did was perfectly LEGAL not LAWFUL.

Whats that? Neither Ron Paul nor Glenn Beck has spoken one word about U.S. Corp?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyCrazy
This is it.

We can sit here on ATS and blog about this man being the last feasible hope for our republic or we can get on board and fight for what is left of our nation and culture.

I don't yet work for the Paul campaign but I do know what the game is about at this stage....and unfortunately it's about money.

The mainstream Republican candidates will move quickly to marginalize Ron Paul, the only way to legitimately counter these attacks is to raise money..now, before next Thursday's debate.

Dr. Paul will not attract special interest dollars at this point so he will need to raise the money from individuals....like us. Lots of small donations make a strong statement and in the age of the internet a campaign like this could actually have a chance. So if you believe that a message of true liberty still matters, please go to the exploratory committee website and make a donation. Just the simple act of doing this will make a loud statement to TPTB.

Glad to see the fire in your post, PLEASE get involved with your county political machine and BECOME A DELEGATE. You'll find many other Ron Paul supports at these events... the only way to get Ron into office is to have him nominated as the candidate, the only way to do that is to become a delegate.

All those people you see on TV at the National Conventions? They had to start at the COUNTY level.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
Finally, the white Obama is upon us! Sarcasm aside, some of these posts directly mirror what I've read and heard when Obama was campaigning for the office of president of the United States. Hope and change. I doubt it. It's more like hope for change. But It'll most likely be more of the same. If you truly want to change America, then take issue and step up to make a difference. Voting some guy into office who's ideals that you believe in isn't going to be the sole progenitor of any change. Sure, it's a start, and Ron Paul might even be a good start. But things could very easily turn south or remain the same, as was the case with most presidents who were elected into office.

Obama should have been the clear message that a person should not worship a false idol, no matter how golden or gleaming that idol appears to be. Take the initiative to do something yourself rather than placing all hope into a single person.

Buddha, Confucius, Gandhi, Jesus, JFK, MLK, and many more just like them didn't just follow the path and ideals of a single person, all of the figures listed above took it upon themselves to make a difference by uniting people together. In other words, they didn't just rely on someone else to suffer and brave the adversity for them, they suffered and braved the adversity themselves. And most of them died for their peaceful cause. I really wonder just how many people out of the billions on this planet could be like that. To actually champion a peaceful cause and then die for that very cause.

There is one BIG difference, politic beliefs aside, between Ron and Barry. Ron has a track record to look back on that tells you what he believes in and what he'll do. He's know as Dr. No in Congress for voting against a lot of things, many times, when you see 1 NO vote on a bill, it's him.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Wow great video! I don't know much about old usA history so this is good information...although history books exist since before 1871 lol

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Hate to break it to you but evolution is not a scientific fact, it is a widely held and believed theory that is eroding every year given the new scientific discoveries being made that simply cannot support it. While I believe the concept of 'adaptation' that is included in evolution is quite true, the main premise of evolution is just not realistic. There is too much information out there challenging the theory to which supporters simply cannot defend. (i.e modern human bones carbon dated to 200,000 years

I have yet to see any scientific journals published or any peer reviewed evidence that disproves evolution. I don't suppose you would have any links? And by that I mean real evidence from a reputable source

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
reply to post by Helious

I would stand in line 12 hours at a time to vote more than once for him

While Paul is an interesting candidate, realistically he has less than zero of a chance of winning. He can't raise the dough kids. The grass -root dream is just that....A Dream.

You'll need 800 million to 1 Billion to make a serious run.

This is an excellent point, and it underlines for me why American democracy is totally broken. Seriously, the USA just doesn't have democracy any more, and hasn't had for a long time.

If it comes down to the choice between two billionaires, the country is doomed.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
doesn't he wan to end all social programs? Talk about going third world style...lol Just another old dude with only his perspective.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
doesn't he wan to end all social programs? Talk about going third world style...lol Just another old dude with only his perspective.

he wants to give young people a chance to opt out of social security. If things keep going the way they are going the dollar is going to inflate so much that noone will get anything.

If you don't have the money to pay for all this crap you can't just print it. Simple economics.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I or anybody in my family will NOT be voting
for Paul.

He wants to eliminate Medicare and Social Security
that my parents worked and paid 60 yrs for.

www.rawstory.com...

they will die without food or medicine.

so if you vote in Ron Paul you just issued a
death warrant to my parents.
edit on 4/29/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I or anybody in my family will NOT be voting
for Paul.

He wants to eliminate Medicare and Social Security
that my parents worked and paid 60 yrs for.

www.rawstory.com...

they will die without food or medicine.

edit on 4/29/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Gotta love that headline. come on man.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Gotta love that headline. come on man.

the truth hurts don't it buddy ??
2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join