It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Launches Presidential Campaign

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yup the electoral college is what it is all about, many Americans still don't understand this. I saw Dr. Paul on Colbert the other night promoting his book and he really needs a makeover to be accepted by mainstream. I love the man but if I was an ignorant turd, his message wouldn't matter. Polished shoes, a proper suit and neat hair would do so much for his image.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by Griffo
He thinks evolution is false though and that's all you lot need again, another religious fundie

The last thing that bothers me about any candidate is weather they believe in evolution or not.

Hell I don't even know if I buy it but its a nice theory.

No doubt. We are founded on freedom of religion and beliefs. It's a shame that it is even brought up during elections.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I supported Ron Paul last time, and will do so this time. I agree with most of his policies--I am against nuclear energy, though.

As stated previously, he believes in allowing those who wish to do so, to opt out of Social Security...all changes would be a slow, RELATIVELY-PAINLESS, process. People currently on Social Security would continue to receive, etc. Listen, the man has been espousing the same beliefs for 30+ years, and has now been proven correct. He knows what he's doing. Get him in there, give him the support required and this ship can be steered back on course... (imo).

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't trust anything from FOX(fake) news!

Just remember..they will say everything you want to here just to get your vote!I bet when all the black people found out a black man was running for president they voted for him without even knowing anything about him!Just like if Hilary Clinton ran for president she would have ALL the women voting for her!There are more women then there are men!

Talk is cheap...I want action!!

On a side note..Did anyone notice the pentagram that came floating down on the top right of the screen at the very beginning?

P.s how come I can't get an avatar?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

So what. A President doesn't have powers like a king (unless you are Obama, but I digress). While HE would like to get rid of those things, you need to pay more attention. He has stated many times that all he could do is try to influence Congress to see his position and for them to pass legislation respective of that. He knows that these things will take time to change.

Fact is, he's right on what needs to happen but we've been living in an entitlement state for so long you can't just pull the rug out.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Yeah, I know right?

Let the attacks on personal beliefs begin.

And the announcement and creation of an expploratory committee allows him to participate in the SC debate. I want him to stand next to Huckabee, look him in the eye and tell him, "told you so" when the topic of the economy comes up. Remember how EVERY other Repub. candidate (save Nader) openly laughed and mocked him during the debates? But, who was RIGHT!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
Great news !

Where are the Ron Paul 2012 bumper stickers !

This man is the only one I see truly trying to protect the constitution . The rest just talk about it and not really care about it .

I am concerned with he is not one of the status qua guys so he will be hit hard by the media and all the rest.

I still have my 2008 RP election "stuff", Bumper Stickers, Yard Signs, T-Shirts, etc...

Ron Paul 2012 (and 2016)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Look, i think the success of the Tea Party in the last election just goes to show that people with similar views are taken seriously. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope he turns to alternate news and social media to campaign because i have a feeling the MSM won't give him the time of day.

If he gains popular support, it's a lose lose situation for TPTB. They could let it go, he gets elected and then it's hell for them, but if there's a snag along the way, whether it's a rigged election or he suddenly dies, i don't think people would buy it. It could very well spark a large scale revolt.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
He's got my vote ...

... again.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Wow now that its official and he's gonna run for President I think I just might actually go out and vote for him. I have never voted before because all the candidates seemed fake and crooked, Ron Paul seems like the right person to help get America back on track. He's definatley got my vote would also love to see Jessie Ventura as his running mate.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by dragonseeker

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I agree with the following:
-Anti War
-Pro Legalization of Marijuana
-Auditing the Fed
-Ending the American Empire Worldwide
-Property Belongs to the Owner, Not the Government
-Against the Patriot Act
-Opposes the Death Penalty
-Constitutionalism

and a few others.

What I disagree with:
-His support of eliminating funding to Planned Parenthood, which provides basic health care to those without health insurance. The result will be devastating.
-His support of the DOMA.
-His support of allowing every law abiding citizen carry guns is a bit worrying.

That's all I can say now because I'm in a hurry but...when it comes down to it, I didn't vote in the last election because I didn't agree with McCain nor Obama....but if Paul does make it this time around....

He has my vote. My first presidential vote ever
-

Most CCW holders(I was one for several years, about to renew it) are the most law-abiding people you'd ever want to meet. If CCW were shall-issue in every state, the crime rate in america would drop like a penny from the observation deck from the empire state building. An armed society is a polite society.

Not that I want to argue the point but maybe you should think about why CCW holders are so law abiding. There is a rigorous process to get a CCW and you have to be law abiding in order to succeed in obtaining it.

By your rationale, we should pass out PHDs to everybody because everybody that has one is smart.

TBH, how rigorous the process is depends on where you obtain one. my utah non-resident CCW was a one-day class and some range time. nothing to it. and, the point of CCW is for law-abiding citizens to be able to protect themselves from the non law-abiding..the way it is now, everyone is easy pickings..just how criminals like it. If we had shall-issue nationwide, there would still be BG checks and so on..criminals get their gats on the street without such checks..but the regular joe/jane citizen would have a chance of stopping an attack on their person instead of explaining it to LE after the fact... assuming they survive. what's better story on the news.."a woman was raped by a knife-wielding suspect", or, " A knife-wielding suspect attempted to rape a woman today, and the woman pulled out a .357 and blew his #ing brains out"?.

I vote for door#2.
edit on 26-4-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Pffffft! wonder who DIEBOLD and ESS will vote for? Thats rhetorical and hilarious and sad all in one fuzzy and warm package

Liars and thieves each and every one and fools the lot of you who trust in them!

End the Fed?
You do not understand who you are messing with and if you think it is the Ashkenazi front men..... then all I can say is that the matrix has you and you are probably an anti semite as well

I thought Obama was gonna end the wars, close gautanamo and some other neat stuff?

The reason why the MSM has embraced the Tea Party and why DIEBOLD ESS allowed some tea partiers to join their party is the anti union, austerity, anti tax stance of the Tea Party as Those who already Own EVERYTHING (Like Cat Williams says it EVERY-THING!) do not wish to give any of it back..... how elementary.

The Tea Party has been co opted!
We have assumed control!
We have assumed control!
We, have assumed.... control!

The CONstitution again aye?

The ANTI FEDERALISTS WERE RIGHT on pretty much every fear that they were willing to put into print and it makes me wonder what they thought in private which of course my little PRETTY PRETTY SHEEPLES cannot even imagine as they have been indoctinated to believe that all these men were demigods and that the documents that they produced were of biblical proportion yet if one does their research critically it is not that difficult to summize that the purpose of the Constitution was the subversion of the sovereignty of the free states and the sovereigns who inhabited the free states via ambiguitous legalese replete through out the document.

A constitutional stalwart indeed, where have I heard this before I wonder...... oh thats right, pretty much all the time from members of congress, the courts and all the rest of the Gang.

and then there is the following:

here is the full link:
www.youtube.com...

Darn those stupid codes and too hell with blacks law dictionary!!! Who needs a book with 2000+ pages anyways!!!

The first word I looked up in my copy was CORPORATION and then I went directly to the definition of PERSON.
Check mate game over.

Do you UNDER STAND?
Do you STAND UNDER?!
Do you STAND UNDER OUR AUTHORITY!?!

While we are at it you might as well meet your strawman...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
OUCH. He JUST said on FOX he wants to get rid of Social Security pensions and the Board of education...

Unless he says what he plans on doing to replace this, then he won't make it very far.

I hear that, since most hard working Americans have paid into SS most of their working lives, and the Board of Education is almost like committing political suicide.

We'll see how far he gets now, these two statements alone are not good at all, especially the SS issue, because most people have lost their pensions.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I for one will be watching the first debate and will have my card ready to sent RP2012 a donation for the May 5th debate money bomb. debateday.com...

RP does a good job on these debates even when they are openly hostile and insulting to him in their questioning. I think it will be interesting for the debate watchers to also see Paul bring in a haul of campaign cash on the same day likely at the very same time as the debate is on.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
$500 ready :p.

Ron Paul needs to win. I don't care if everything ends up being the same again in the long run (20-50 years). As long as I get a taste of good life I'm happy.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
he's pro pot so im for him

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
KILL THE FED

The people's money and economy belongs to the people, not the banksters.

KILL THE FED

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
well..upon further reflection,here's my question: If RP is truly a threat to TPTB, if he would really oppose them..why haven't they taken him out? I mean it's not like they give a # about killing people in congress(see Paul Wellstone), so why is RP untouchable? That, I think, is a question that I would like to see answered. I support him completely; but, I'm kinda done with the whole "so-and-so is gonna save us!!" deal..^^
edit on 26-4-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The pointless drug war is the main reason dread the idea of being a law enforcement agent or official. It's a problem that can only be changed by the congress and the president.

If Ron Paul works to end the pointlessness and end the reason (drug regulations) that that makes it profitable to smuggle and deal drugs, and end the pointless deaths of Americans, Mexicans ect. He'd have my vote.
edit on 26-4-2011 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join