It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Launches Presidential Campaign

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I agree with the following:
-Anti War
-Pro Legalization of Marijuana
-Auditing the Fed
-Ending the American Empire Worldwide
-Property Belongs to the Owner, Not the Government
-Against the Patriot Act
-Opposes the Death Penalty
-Constitutionalism

and a few others.

What I disagree with:
-His support of eliminating funding to Planned Parenthood, which provides basic health care to those without health insurance. The result will be devastating.
-His support of the DOMA.
-His support of allowing every law abiding citizen carry guns is a bit worrying.

That's all I can say now because I'm in a hurry but...when it comes down to it, I didn't vote in the last election because I didn't agree with McCain nor Obama....but if Paul does make it this time around....

He has my vote. My first presidential vote ever
-

You echo my thoughts exactly with my mixed feelings about the guy. What sealed the deal for me, however, was all his talk about not only taking power away from the fed, but also giving power back to the states. Meaning that it doesn't really matter if I agree with his immigration policy or his planned parenthood plans because he plans to let my state decide those things.

Once people realize this, he will be a hero of even the extreme left and the extreme right. I agree with most people in my state but not with people from, say... Alabama or Texas. With RP in power, there wouldn't be this overarching compromise where all the states are ruled under the same inflexible umbrella. So if you don't wanna live next to a pot head, then you can always move to a state that doesn't allow it and if you want to get an abortion, just move to the state the digs them. I'm even pretty confident that some states would end up with socialized medicine. Moving to different states is far more feasible than moving to Canada.

It's definitely a move in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only person in congress with impeccable credibility. He has the courage to vote his convictions..truly independent. Only guy worth a damn on the hill. I don't agree with his every position, but, if he's running, I'm voting for him. Period.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

-Anti War
-Auditing the Fed
-Against the Patriot Act
-Constitutionalism

and a few others.

What I disagree with:
-His support of eliminating funding to Planned Parenthood, which provides basic health care to those without health insurance. The result will be devastating.
-His support of allowing every law abiding citizen carry guns is a bit worrying.

That's all I can say now because I'm in a hurry but...when it comes down to it, I didn't vote in the last election because I didn't agree with McCain nor Obama....but if Paul does make it this time around....

-

Most CCW holders(I was one for several years, about to renew it) are the most law-abiding people you'd ever want to meet. If CCW were shall-issue in every state, the crime rate in america would drop like a penny from the observation deck from the empire state building. An armed society is a polite society.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

-Anti War
-Auditing the Fed
-Against the Patriot Act
-Constitutionalism

and a few others.

What I disagree with:

-

Most CCW holders(I was one for several years, about to renew it) are the most law-abiding people you'd ever want to meet. If CCW were shall-issue in every state, the crime rate in america would drop like a penny from the observation deck from the empire state building. An armed society is a polite society.

Not that I want to argue the point but maybe you should think about why CCW holders are so law abiding. There is a rigorous process to get a CCW and you have to be law abiding in order to succeed in obtaining it.

By your rationale, we should pass out PHDs to everybody because everybody that has one is smart.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am very excited by this news. Being an on-the-ground worker for Ron in the last election, I know the grassroots that support him have their worked cut out for them. The political process was rigged the last go around and the Republican establishment fought us tooth and nail all the way through the convention process.

A lot of people have sacrificed since the last election to work their way into the establishment, I hope the local political parties are a little more supportive this time around.

I too believe he is our last chance at turning this thing around.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just voted for Ron Paul.... Oh wait, it isn't time yet. I will vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

He should run as a tea party candidate or independent. Not repub. They will just throw their usual talking head up. Probably Romney with that big melon of his.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My money and my vote go to Ron Paul!

'nuff said.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tonosama

I think if he did that he will surely be excluded from most debates.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
Great news !

Where are the Ron Paul 2012 bumper stickers !

On his website of course!
Get 'em while they're hot, folks! Anybody who doesn't know about this man, probably should. I'd imagine this would be a great way to get his name out there even more.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 26-4-2011 by Strype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Voted for him last time, and will vote for him again. The man has been calling it like it is since the beginning. He has a warehouse full of "I told ya so's." Look back 5-10 years ago and he warned everybody about what was going to happen with the economy. I really feel like he's our last hope of getting back on track.

edit on 4/26/2011 by DiabolusFireDragon because: Aliens meddled with my post.
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
finally a candidate I'll feel good about voting for..

I don't think that's ever happened.

b

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Folks the sad truth is the popular vote is NOT going to get him elected.

After each political party selects its candidate for president (usually in the summer preceding the presidential election), a general election is held on the first Tuesday of November every four years to select the President of the United States.

In order to understand how a president is elected you need to know about the Electoral College. The electoral college is the group of electors from every state and the District of Columbia that convenes to actually select the president. Each state has as many electors as it does representatives in Congress, so there 100 Senators plus 435 Congressmen plus 3 from the District of Columbia. All totalling 538 electors. These electors meet in their respective state capitols in December to cast their ballots for president. In order for a candidate to be elected president, the candidate must get a majority of these electoral votes, or at least 270. (So actually a presidential candidate can actually win the majority of votes in the entire U.S. but not be elected president, such was the case in 1824, 1876, 1888, and 2000) Each state & D.C. has a set of electors for each presidential candidate. The state will submit the electors for the candidate who receives the majority of votes in that state.

The votes of the electors, certified by the states, are sent to Congress, where the president of the Senate opens the certificates and has them counted in the presence of both houses of Congress on January 6. The new president is inaugurated at noon on January 20.

So as you can see, voters actually cast their votes for the presidential electors, not for the President directly.

If you want to see Ron Paul as President you MUST become a delegate. Get envolved or don't complain.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Three words

KILL
THE
FED

(meaning the Federal Reserve Bank)

edit on 26-4-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I read something saying he would be making a statement today @ 3:45 est. I know it's past, just wondering if he has officially stated yet.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OUCH. He JUST said on FOX he wants to get rid of Social Security pensions and the Board of education...

Unless he says what he plans on doing to replace this, then he won't make it very far.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
He thinks evolution is false though and that's all you lot need again, another religious fundie

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Replace the board of education? with what? why do you need to replace it?

As far as social security he said many times that people wouldn't be thrown out right away. It would be a gradual process. His thinking is, that if it doesn't change right now, noone will ever have it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just saw this on Yahoo.coms news

Ron Paul to run for president for 3rd time

Ron Paul, the long-term Texas congressman, is expected to announce in Iowa that he will form an exploratory committee to pave the way for his becoming an official candidate for president in the 2012 Republican primary race.

What time is he expected to announce his exploratory committee in Iowa today?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
He thinks evolution is false though and that's all you lot need again, another religious fundie

The last thing that bothers me about any candidate is weather they believe in evolution or not.

Hell I don't even know if I buy it but its a nice theory.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join