It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Launches Presidential Campaign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Its not his fault the audience is mostly clueless about the Fed.

edit on 26-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

Pretty dismissive of an entire group of people.

clueless, or simply of a different opinion?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sunqueen30

And thats the problem....candidates are pre-selected by the puppet masters and then only those deemed "credible" get the backing of the MSM. I hate seeing pawns like Hannity diss Dr. Paul soley on his foreign policy view. If they could get away with it, I'd have no doubt they would refer to him as a senile old man.

What I noticed with the 2008 selection (er, election) is that the MSM focused on the man and his supporters, not his message. Why? The message is too powerful. Then to see the Republicans latch onto it because the of the grassroots uprising that started the Tea Party just made me ill. I don't think the Republicans really believe any of this. They just see where they can align themselves to get more independents.

And, the media silence is already starting. For example, Drudge had posted "He's In" for a banner headline with a link to National Journal article. There was a comment section. Last night it was filled with overwhelming support for Paul. Today, nothing...in fact comments have been disabled. If you were to believe the MSM back in 2008 there were 5 Paul supporters who constantly spammed polls and comments. What the MSM couldn't understand is the HUGE grassroots appeal that this man (and, more importantly, his message) has.

I think the puppet masters fear a Revolution and will do anything to persuade the moronic masses to look the other way and pick their guy.

For me, there is no other candidate save Ron Paul. I'll write him in again if I have to and know that I voted my conscious.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
He doesn't have much character. Americans love a President with character.

Oh hell, I disagree there. Ron Paul has alot of character...shows passion, intellect, and charisma..along with a healthy sense of humor.

Americans want a president to be everything..charismatic, intelligent, funny, etc...however, all that flops when you start talking "extremist ideas", and Ron Paul's ideas are very extreme when compared to what the norm is..

not that the norm is great, but changes come from many ripples overall moving the boat so people can digest it...not tidal waves. That scares people.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just don't understand why Ron Paul kept America in the dark about running for the presidential campaign. On the view (tv show) he said hes not sure he is running and now it's out! I do like what he stands for and agree on most things he stands on, but there is something fishy about him that i can't put my finger on just yet, and i stress yet! I believe any government official that is voted in is always crooked in some way. Our elite do not allow a (non) puppet to prosper! So i guess we all have to sit back and watch! Ron Paul is too much for the people and what they want, so i highly doubt he will become president. He is backed by the people who stand against our government and elite. For example...Jesse Ventura, and Alex Jones. Like i said, something very fishy about this guy.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
candidates are pre-selected by the puppet masters and then only those deemed "credible" get the backing of the MSM. I hate seeing pawns like Hannity diss Dr. Paul soley on his foreign policy view.

You speak alot about "puppets" and how basically the MSM is conspiring against people like Ron.

Then you go on about people like hannity dissing him.

I didn't know that, but then again, I would rather stick a bug in my ear than watch Hannity's propaganda show. I am feeling like you do actually watch him and contribute to his ratings, thereby making his view matter on how the party must act.

So, you can curse the system if you want I guess, thats your right...but don't blind yourself to the point where you don't see how you and people like you are actually holding up the pillars of the system to begin with.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Maybe that was the wrong way of saying it. I just know mOst of his audience are liberals and don't agree with Ron on most things as you pointed out. That being said im not a liberal and I really like watching his show sometimes.
edit on 26-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
He doesn't have much character. Americans love a President with character.

Did George bush 1 have character?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
For those still wondering why Ron Paul runs as a Republican and not as Unaffiliated, It's because God's chosen warriors dwell in the belly of The Beast.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Why the hell would you want Ron Paul as President?

I thought you liked the guy.

Lets have a half second of realism...the issues with the united states are bigger than any one president, and whomever enters into the office immediately becomes the evil NWO symbol of hate and mudslinging by the chimps (us).

The guy that is unelectable and will never see office...well, obviously that guy is the one that everyone loves and the world would be solved if only he got in office. Its a symbol...its a cult.

So, you lot better hope he never gets in office..else you might have to deal with the realization that its not just the system thats corrupt, its our own similistic viewpoint of how the "other guy" was the right answer that in error also...

Naa, keep him out of office...people need symbols they can hope for.

After re-reading my own reply to this thread, contemplating what you've written here makes me somewhat uncomfortable, in the same way the removal of illusions has done in the past.. You my be onto some serious esoteric truth with this line of thinking. I dearly hope you're not.
edit on 26-4-2011 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It really doesnt matter if Paul wins or not. The Zionist Jews will continue to run everything.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wait a second. Where is the official announcement? From what I read he "...is expected to announce the formation of an exploratory committee in Des Moines, Iowa on April 26, 2011, to explore the possibility of running for President. An official announcement will reportedly follow soon after, sometime in May."

So let's all get on the same page, he is just testing the waters. Oh, and I'd support him in a second even though I vote Libertarian. Also his son Rand Paul looks like he could be a promising leader as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I agree with the following:
-Anti War
-Pro Legalization of Marijuana
-Auditing the Fed
-Ending the American Empire Worldwide
-Property Belongs to the Owner, Not the Government
-Against the Patriot Act
-Opposes the Death Penalty
-Constitutionalism

and a few others.

What I disagree with:
-His support of eliminating funding to Planned Parenthood, which provides basic health care to those without health insurance. The result will be devastating.
-His support of the DOMA.
-His support of allowing every law abiding citizen carry guns is a bit worrying.

That's all I can say now because I'm in a hurry but...when it comes down to it, I didn't vote in the last election because I didn't agree with McCain nor Obama....but if Paul does make it this time around....

He has my vote. My first presidential vote ever
-

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I would vote for Ron Paul without any doubt.

What I do see is one person even with the greatest convictions, morals, and foresight cannot do it alone, but he can inspire people that are asleep or have given up hope.

People in the USA and world need to start believe in themselves again and stop looking for everyone else to solve problems for them, it will take a group effort this time around.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The Democrats are recruiting people like you. They may even throw in a gift certificate to Mickey D's for your efforts.

While Paul is an interesting candidate, realistically he has less than zero of a chance of winning. He can't raise the dough kids. The grass -root dream is just that....A Dream.

You'll need 800 million to 1 Billion to make a serious run.

Becker

Oh Yeah.... Romney 51.5% - Obama 47.2%

You only spend 800 million if you need to buy the election. He doesn't need to buy it he just needs to get his message out. I'm not saying he is going to win because TPTB wount allow it, but i back him 100% for running - Just by doing so could have more of an impact on the race than you might first think.

He has a powerful message and one this time round a lot of people will listen too!
edit on 26-4-2011 by Matthew5012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I might just vote for the first time in my life. Either way I doubt he will win wheather he has majority vote or not, or TPTB will let him win but bend his actions to their bidding or they will kill him off somehow. I dont know, but, revolution will happen soon, our problems and corrupt government wont just step aside.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
this is why i would vote for ron paul.

1. no more wars
2. no more wars
3. no more wars
4. no more wars
5. no more wars
6. no more irs
7. no more usury
8. no more fed

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I like Paul a lot. I agree with him more than anyone...
But, I don't think he can win.
I hate to say it.
But in the USA 2012, he's a sleepy old grandpa.
And what he says is irreleavant.
And Huckabee is a wimp, he can't beat Obama either.
Only one man I see that I believe has the fire to beat Obama.
That's Trump.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
yes!!!! another candidate to split the republican vote insuring Obama's second term!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Sadly, you may be right. When it comes down to it, it's all about show business and that's what America loves. Doesn't matter that Ron Paul speaks the truth when it comes to the economy or the senseless wars, what matters is that Trump can get on television and start up a storm of...well, absolute bullsh*t. People will listen because its Trump.

Oh and of course, he has to suck up to the Birthers who are just wetting themselves that he sent "investigators" to Hawaii to research Obama's birth.
Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

WWWWOOOOOO ron paul baby bring us home!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join