It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katy Perry's E.T.: Transhumanist Propaganda or Brilliant Marketing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Since Katy Perry's new video "E.T." has been posted on youtube, it has been the subject of dozens of conspiricy theorist analyses. Upon viewing the video, you'll probably notice that it "reads" like a grocery list of images referencing all the major UFO-related conspiricy theories, as well as Illuminati-related visual queues: Greys, inter-dimensional beings, reptilians, trans-humansim, chimeras, and so forth.

William Gibson noted in "Pattern Recognition" that in marketing, the "edge" continuously migrates outward. Having been pushed past subverisve sexuality and bizzare fashion, is it possible that conspiricy theorists and their output are the new "edge" in market research?

Concpiricy theories have the cache of cool which is generally associated with "secret" clothing brands, underground music, and everything else beloved by hipsters before the mainstream gets a hold of it and it ceases to be cutting edge. Hidden knowledge is just as tantalizing as sex or fashion, and we all take great pleasure in winnowing out and posting the latest bit of supporting evidence for our pet theories. And by "we", I mean millions of us. We make up a pretty chunky demographic, we tin-hats.

So, I would propose that ATS and sites like it are being data-mined, our information processed and packaged for pop-consumption. It would be terribly ironic if we ourselves were the source of pop-cultural offal like the Katy Perry video, which we then take to be confirmation of our theories.

As a bit of supporting evidence, I would site the Vigilant Citizen reporting that MTV had sent him a LCD Soundsystem video featuring heavy-handed masonic symbolism, presumably hoping that he would publish an analysis.

It's weird to think, at any rate, that we are a molding force in pop culture, ne?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think it's more of that the conspiracy theories today are being more popular than they are before... and being pop or trendsetters they have to make a move so they will be the "gods" in other people's eyes.

look at politicians who talk about conspiracies? don't they get more support? look at rap artists who talks about gnostic texts? don't they get more youtube views?

meanwhile the genuine one's are being forgotten...

i'm expecting this to be another kind of fad in the future.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
aliens are hot in the music industry now. Katty perry wants to sleep with one,kayne wants to do some strange stuff with one. lil wayne says hes a martian,his album is called not human.Jessie jay mentios shes an alien in one of her new tracks,do it like a dude I think,BoB another rapper mentions them,maybe they are just back in vogue,theres been about 7 alien hollywood films in the past 3 years,so many in such a short time. You could argue its indoctination.who knows,Katty perry is being told what to sing about anyways,and their video directors along with gaga's and kesha use the same symbols.

Maybe its just to tap in to the conspiricy market,nothing sinister

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It does seem to me that more and more people like myself are having profound physical and spiritual experiences realisation (at first thinking it was just me growing up but too many people of all diffrent ages im coming across say the same) and are looking into whats actual real out there

what is life and whats this bullsit that has been screwing my head these past 20 years
I thnk this media thing is to make an disclosure more natural listen carefully to mainstream music at the moment

;and we gon make your loose your mind, everybody just have a good time'
i will post more examples later but its really obvious if you just turn on tv.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stopthismadness

disclosure? lolno
it's more of a clever marketing idea since conspiracy theorists spouts hate against anything "mainstream". look at how successful they are.

i've tried my best to ignore threads about Katy Perry and Lady Gaga as much as i can in here since they shouldn't really be given any attention at all, that's what they want and they are getting it from their target audience (conspiracy theorists)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stopthismadness

I don't watch TV, yes I have one but no MSM access. I filter everything through the internet, and watch DVDs. Yes, they are trying to program us, but I don't sit on the couch as a potato and absorb whatever they want to send me, as does 98% of the rest of the population. I'm still able to think for myself.

I've watched the Katy Perry video featuring Kanye West, and it's cool as heck. It sells. She makes money by popularity. She uses what she knows will sell, and gets kudos for selling a million or more albums. She makes new trends. Even my wife was impressed by the makeup in the video. Funny that local radio stations edit the Kanye parts. Is that a sort of conspiracy against him because he is black? Actually, he adds the needed element to the whole video.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The OP is drawing the wrong conclusions from this. If the latest Katy Perry video is full of conspiracy-theory references, it doesn’t mean that the conspiracy subculture has gone mainstream at last. It means the conspiracy subculture went mainstream years ago and has now, finally, jumped the shark.

What the heck do you people think ATS is? Some kind of samizdat publication? It is one of the most popular forums on the internet. What does that tell you about the prevalence of conspiracy believers?

What most ATS members call conspiracies – alien visitors and UFOs, secret cabals that run or plan to take over the world, crop circles, chemtrails, faked Moon landings, HAARP and all the rest – are nothing but scraps from the trash-heap of popular culture. The people who believe in them delude themselves that they are a small, select insider group with special knowledge and understanding; in fact, they are data points in a vast, world-spanning demographic, that is fed and perpetuated by the media.

Katy Perry is laughing at them. And they deserve it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
The OP is drawing the wrong conclusions from this. If the latest Katy Perry video is full of conspiracy-theory references, it doesn’t mean that the conspiracy subculture has gone mainstream at last. It means the conspiracy subculture went mainstream years ago and has now, finally, jumped the shark.

What the heck do you people think ATS is? Some kind of samizdat publication? It is one of the most popular forums on the internet. What does that tell you about the prevalence of conspiracy believers?

What most ATS members call conspiracies – alien visitors and UFOs, secret cabals that run or plan to take over the world, crop circles, chemtrails, faked Moon landings, HAARP and all the rest – are nothing but scraps from the trash-heap of popular culture. The people who believe in them delude themselves that they are a small, select insider group with special knowledge and understanding; in fact, they are data points in a vast, world-spanning demographic, that is fed and perpetuated by the media.

Katy Perry is laughing at them. And they deserve it.

This is brilliantly insightful. My sole objection to this witheringly awesome post is to the notion that Katy Perry herself is laughing at us, I would offer the small correction that it is her battalion of marketeers, talent and handlers who are enjoying a good chuckle.

I stand by my original assertion that concpiracy theory content, while it may not be the edge per se, is being data mined for pop-culture content.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Just about everything from the "underground" is cycled into pop culture now and then. Some of it sticks around, if only for a short time, sometimes longer. Though some of it, never fully excepted, it's more common now because "it's all been done before". Basically anything that hasn't been popular in the last yr to ten years can come back as "new" or "trendy". Reference that by mid or so 90s Alien and UFO pop art in posters, stickers, music(Techno), etc. Though, E.T./Aliens/UFOs/etc., doesn't seem like a likely reference from ATS but rather from earlier pop culture references pre the Internet explosion. General E.T.s=Grays are widely known and accepted by people.
Marketing, yes trends sell.
Propaganda=sure.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well I remember listening to some guy named Rik Clay who said something about there being a planned alien invasion happening at the 2012 Olympics He broke it down from top to bottom including if you flip the logo a certain way it will spell out 'zion'. He was later found dead of an apparent 'suicide' however many do not believe that to be the case.
I think all these artists are being told to include any type of references in their music of E.T's. Possibly to get us somewhat prepared.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by indisgust

Well I remember listening to some guy named Rik Clay who said something about there being a planned alien invasion happening at the 2012 Olympics... if you flip the logo a certain way it will spell out 'zion'.

The... they... they’re Jewish aliens?

I think all these artists are being told to include any type of references in their music of E.T's. Possibly to get us somewhat prepared.

They've been preparing us for a long time, seems to me.

They’ve had David on the payroll for ever...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Mm, yes, perhaps predictive programming softening the blow of the impending meet and greet with the Other.

However, the seventies stuff doesn't feature greys, reptilian pupils, references to other dimensions, a spiffy new human resurrected from a magical robot, wavelengths, vibrations, et al.

So unless TPTB are getting reeeeal specific with their predictive programming, I'm pretty sure all that content directly pertaining to conspiracy theories was sourced from conspiracy theorists.

edit on 4-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: broken emoticon

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

However, the seventies stuff doesn't feature... a spiffy new human resurrected from a magical robot.

True. Grace Jones only became a big star in the Eighties.

I'm pretty sure all that content directly pertaining to conspiracy theories was sourced from conspiracy theorists.

You mean those aliens aren’t Jewish after all?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Yep. Have you seen the Warhol portrait of that lady? Brrrrrrr.

I rummaged around youtube for footage entitled something along the lines of "GRACE JONES-REPTILIAN-shapsfterPROOF!" A bit surprised when nothing came up. Someone oughta do something about that.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Honestly I thought all of those things until I read that her husband or boyfriend Russell Brand is a right alien enthusiast and has been teaching her about it, they apparently have a huge fascination together. That's just what I read in an interview so who knows.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

That's pretty odd. I'll look into that.

It also occurs to me that predictive programming might be a recursive phenomenon. A weird game of Marco Polo between the masses and the media (and those whose interests it represents).

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
E.T is great...

music , mv , everything..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
its so much more than that... there is an obvious occult luciferian theme in music now.

notice in lady gaga's "born this way" she whispers "same DNA"....
and in katy perry's ET she sings "different DNA"
this is not coincidence. this is the new babylon. but at the same time, its just artists. artists who all use the same archetypes and myths as inspiration. music was said to be taught to man by "a fallen angel". any music not praising god is "profane" and debased. these people worship lucifer as prometheus, he who betrayed the gods to impart wisdom to man. its all symbolic

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
lucifer is a symbol for REBELLION. he was the first to say, no, i won't be obedient and worship you, i will do what i want and rebel. art is all about rebellion. you're either an individualist or a subservient. which side are you on?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
After that contribution to the sea of salient data points, let's watch for Kanye being chained to a rock with his liver devoured by an eagle in the next vid.

Oh, but I kid the Kanye. And the last poster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join