It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don't Be Alarmed. We're Martians"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

What remains mysterious is why people came forward with accounts that were so bizarre they were unbelievable. Wilcox retained a good reputation, his story was an anomaly in his life and a strange story to be told in the books listed in IsaacKoi’s bibliography.

Simonton, Zammora and Wilcox weren’t unusual in their accounts. From the 50s until the late 70s, many have made similar claims. They didn’t gain rewards, didn’t court publicity and tried to put it behind them. If we take the accounts on face value, there’s little to support the idea that ‘Martians,’ pancake-chefs or fleeing spacemen land in isolated areas and interact with chance observers.

On the other hand, if you (the reader) were going to fabricate a tall tale of visiting extra-terrestrials would you offer pancakes, prophecies and fleeing short aliens as plausible factors?

What could make people come forward with these claims? Did they fall down the rabbit-hole of anomalous experience or become ‘one-time’ victims of grand hallucinations? Are they all liars, hoaxers and chancers looking for a moment of fame?

Or were the claimants of these encounters unknowing actors in a Candid Camera show for the folk from ‘elsewhere?

Hi Kandinsky, thanks for posting this marvelous thread.

I really enjoyed reading it all, I was aware of Joe Simonton’s pancake story, but not of Gary T. Wilcox’s story.
I really respect the way you posted it, therefore a well deserved F&S.
I do personally believe that those people did fall down the rabbit-hole of some non human anomalous experience, and not that they are liars, hoaxers and chancers looking for a moment of fame, and especially because of their extraordinary stories.
I think that these are people were simply confronted with people/entities/ETs or whatever one would call them who were not from this Earth, and for whom space travel is obvious just a walk in the park and who decided to contact especially them in order to let them tell their story so that we humans become aware of the fact that we are definitely not alone in this endless universe.

By the way, I took a deep breath of that Oxygen and really enjoyed it.

edit on 28/4/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Glad you enjoyed it Space

A couple of years ago accounts like this wouldn't register in my imagination so maybe my skeptical compass needs recalibrating?!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
While these are all interesting stories, I would like to remind everyone that the plural of anecdote is not data.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

While these are all interesting stories, I would like to remind everyone that the plural of anecdote is not data.

I'm sure everyone appreciates your input and will bear it in mind next time friends say the food in that new restaurant is crap.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by spacevisitor

Glad you enjoyed it Space

A couple of years ago accounts like this wouldn't register in my imagination so maybe my skeptical compass needs recalibrating?!

Don’t you think my friend that it is also possible that your skeptical compass has due the years finally reached it most optimal adjustment?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
wonderful thread. enjoyed reading the "dated" stories. how come today's ets encounter stories aren't as interesting. i agree, anecdotes are not data, but they are so absurd as to imply why would anyone invent something like that up? at the cost of repeating other posters here, would it be easier for ets to use robots to make contact with earthlings? water was given to "cook" something. but i don't believe the 4 ft tall ets actually ate what they cooked. to understand how humans interacted with the earth. to understand what the most basic substances are on earth. water/dirt. to have a non threatening discussion/interaction with earthlings. just saying.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Excellent thread!!! Lots of info to dive into!

I'm very interested in what people say they saw, and how it effects them afterwards (since whether or not they were actually visited or not cannot be proven, or disproven; as of yet)

S&F

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This has been an interesting thread.

After studying tons of nasa and esa approved mars images. There certainly does seem like like a junk yard of artifacts around certain spots. To me images that look truly man made. I've seen by the hundred and hundreds.

So from that stand point you can see well they might of lived there a long time ago but not now.
After reading Ernest Norman's account "The Turth About Mars" and hearing Gary Wilcox (posted here) and Lonnie Zamora it seems like we have ourselves a very good possibility that there is a civilization underground.

Why.
Both Gary Wilcox and Lonnie Zamora spotted what seems to be the same craft on the same day like what was mentioned. The craft was while oval shaped (both stated that). Two beings were seen on the ground. Both appeared about 4 ft or so tall. Both had white uniforms. They said they come around every two years. Check online when mars is closest to earth! Every two years!

When I say the same day it was "April 24 1964"
All that to me is truly more that coincidence. The strange thing is that they had trays to put plants of some sort in. Ernest Norman stated through mental telepathy that mars lost it's atmosphere due to a solar flare. And they have to live underground. They used to be able to live above ground but now that they don't, they lost their resistance to earth life because they once had a colony on earth about a 1000 years ago. Ernest Norman states this in his "The Truth About Mars Book'. I think it is worth studying because this stuff could be true.

Between Gary Wilcox, Lonnie Zamora and Ernest Norman and the nasa and esa artifact images on mars. I say it is a good chance that there very well could be a civilization living underground. on mars, Maybe the buzzing that sound people have been hearing underground is those gigantic locomotive like circle diggers boring holes way down deep in the earth.

A leader from Mars stated to Ernest Norman that a thousand years ago they had to go underground because of a solar flar from a sun. They had 200 years to do so. Maybe in the process of digging tunnels and cities they visited eath. This leader stated that they did establish a colony here anciently. But it was too inconvenient.

I can not say for sure that all this is true 100% Because I was not there personally but between those major things I stated it is amazing to me. It truly is.

Gary Wilox - Lonnie Zamora testimonies (study them deeply)
Ernest Norman "The Truth About Mars Book.
Nasa and Esa artifact images. Look close, real close. Certain nasa bigshots could be leaking them out incredibly slowly over a period of years and decades with lots of ink blotching, fuzzy, blurry breaking down the digitation of the photos. But some I think are indeed leaked on purpose. Probable not the lower rung graphic designers. There was a guy by the name of Necum (Sorry I can not remember his name exactly that seem to leak out more than others. Things can change though, hopefully for the better.
[
edit on 16-10-2011 by thetiler because: To spell better

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I LOVE how you are perceptive enough to understand the similarity of both Gary Wilcox and Lonnie Zamora in your wonder post. My hats off to you and your great homework on this.

Hope you get a chance to hear a song i just finished called "Curious Case of 64: I think you might enjoy it. I have been playing acoustical fingerpicking guitar for over 40 years and I sing as well.

Here is the link, it is about those two guys, Gary and Lonnie and what I think is the same craft both saw and of course Gary's interaction with what I do think could be martians. I think they live underground. I don't think that Nasa wants to say much about it because of the Brookings Report., But I have to think that because of being on mars for a few years they must have a dialog with these underground martians. I would be VERY, VERY surprised if they are not currently living underground under the mars surface.

Here is the link to a revised version I just finished yesterday:
The Curious Case of 64 !
www.icompositions.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
fun read Great post

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They should be providing dinner what with all that probing.

What is remarkable to me is how unalien these stories would portray some aliens to be. It seems to me sharing even a few similarities with something completely unrealated would be incredibly unlikely.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
thankyou for information

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join