It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Triton possibly be a captured satelite from sols dark star companion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Triton is the largest moon of the planet Neptune, discovered on October 10, 1846, by William Lassell. It is the only large moon in the Solar System with a retrograde orbit, which is an orbit in the opposite direction to its planet's rotation.[9] At 2700 km in diameter, it is the seventh-largest moon in the Solar System. Because of its retrograde orbit and composition similar to Pluto's, Triton is thought to have been captured from the Kuiper belt.[10] Triton consists of a crust of frozen nitrogen over an icy mantle believed to cover a substantial core of rock and metal.[4] The core makes up two-thirds of its total mass. Triton has a mean density of 2.061 g/cm3[3] and is composed of approximately 15–35% water ice.[4]

Triton is one of the few moons in the Solar System known to be geologically active. As a consequence, its surface is relatively young, with a complex geological history revealed in intricate and mysterious cryovolcanic and tectonic terrains.[4] Part of its crust is dotted with geysers believed to erupt nitrogen.[7] Triton has a tenuous nitrogen atmosphere less than 1/70 000th the pressure of Earth's atmosphere at sea level.[7]

could triton be a captured satelite of sols yet undescovered binary darkstar companion if in fact it exists, other planets have retrode grade satelites from jupiter out to neptune but non as large as triton!

could this be further evidence of something pritty large lurkering beyond pluto?
edit on 25-4-2011 by sema sema because: corrected misleading word

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sema sema

Thats a lot of ifs and maybe's.

I linked this video Video
on another post which shows the results of the WISE comet and asteroid census.

It demonstrates just how densely populated our system is and how easy it would be for wandering asteroids and comets to become trapped by the larger planets.

As for the dark star/binary star/brown dwarf companion, I linked these two articles
WISE Science, Brown Dwarfs
Brown Dwarf Star
on brown dwarfs on this other thread ATS Thread

Pages 21 onward for my take on this theory of a companion star.

edit on 25/4/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Why not? It seems very often now some evidence comes along that proves something previosly accpeted as fact wrong. Then again I don't know much about this kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Could you explain what a moon around Neptune has to do with a large unknow planet/comet being in the our solar system. Im not an expert in astronomy but can grasp physics etc.. but am left a bit confused by this.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

this link bellow will explain a lot!

www.subversiveelement.com...

its all based on sumerian writings long ago, witch modern data and a lot of anomalies in our solar system seem to suport! the link will explain a lot!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If Triton was in orbit around Sol's dark star companion, wouldn't it have been classified as a planet at that time? I don't think stars, even brown dwarf stars have moons.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

the earth and all planets in our system are moons of sol, its just how we clasify them so as the layman knows what is orbiting the sun and and what is orbiting the planets. same as pluto being now clasifyed as a dwarf planet, smaller than some of the actual moons in our solarsystem but not being called a moon as it orbits the sun not a planet!

but your correct a better choice of words would of been a satelite of the darkstar

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It may well be. I think Ceres could be as well. Check NASA photos - it looks like a shiny perfectly shaped sphere - extremely suspicious to me.

edit on 25-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join