It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your perfect society and your role?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Fairly open ended question, but it'd be nice to establish just what your dream society would be like - examples being:

1) What would your society be like?

Would it have currency, trading, bartering or would everything be free and costless?

Would it be ruled by a friendly dictator or a council or communal or anarchic or maybe something different?

What energy sources would it have? What would be encouraged? What would be frowned upon?

How would you reward people for certain (more dangerous or taxing perhaps) roles?

Geographical - would it be coastal, inland, by a river or in a forest or up a mountain (or underground?) Would it float? Or be under the oceans?

www.evolo.us...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55dc68a1b9cf.jpg[/atsimg]

2) - What role would you choose for yourself in your society?

There's no real reason for me asking this other than curious boredom, and I may even be brave enough to post an answer myself

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is a good thread, and I am disapointed that no-one has anything to say in it, yet. My dream society would be, where everything is RECYCLABLE and is able to be re-introduced for essential use again and again. There would be no growing and growing massive garbage landfills, and nuclear waste dump sites, no pollution, no toxic waste dumping. Also, people would manufacture stuff of the highest durability/quality to last and be practical. I would want it to be ILLEGAL for apartment buildings to be built flimsly. They would have to have thick and soundproof walls. Every structure would have to be built with earthquake resistancy in mind, as well. Of course, all the most intelligent, creative, educated and scientific minds would be deployed toward coming up with ever new sources of free energy and matter replication and teleportation, just like in Star Trek, and NOT how to kill more and more people. there would be NO "black budget".

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
This is a good thread, and I am disapointed that no-one has anything to say in it, yet. My dream society would be, where everything is RECYCLABLE and is able to be re-introduced for essential use again and again. There would be no growing and growing massive garbage landfills, and nuclear waste dump sites, no pollution, no toxic waste dumping. Also, people would manufacture stuff of the highest durability/quality to last and be practical. I would want it to be ILLEGAL for apartment buildings to be built flimsly. They would have to have thick and soundproof walls. Every structure would have to be built with earthquake resistancy in mind, as well. Of course, all the most intelligent, creative, educated and scientific minds would be deployed toward coming up with ever new sources of free energy and matter replication and teleportation, just like in Star Trek, and NOT how to kill more and more people. there would be NO "black budget".

Yours sounds positive and not implausible, yours also seems like it is a good value to respect the planet and also a development of beneficial science towards human growth.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I also forgot to mention what I imagine what my role in that kind of society would be. I would like to be tasked with making sure that items go into recycling, for renewall, and not lay in a field so an animal can get entangled or made sick by such. I just can't imagine specifics though. In an area by where I live, all kinds of trash (that blew or fell out of dumpsters I guess) lays around there, I have to navigate around empy liquer bottles and paper and rotting things, etc, It's a shame this crap could not be scooped up and put into an (as of yet non existent except in my imagination) atom reconfigurer.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
will be back to post a response when I have more time. (Currently studying chemistry, and have a circuits class in an hour)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It`s a toughie... I would say, ideally, it would be run by a non-human. Humans make mistakes. Maybe an advanced AI, or an alien, or a god or something. They too, make mistakes but it would be a much smaller percentage than the mistakes made by humans. Of course, the leader(s) would have to be benevolent and accepted by us humans. But like any plan there is always a catch because there will always be some people who will say humans should be ruled by humans. Ideally we should be ruled by God, a nice god, like the god religious people believe there is. It would be great if God would come out and be directly rather than subtly involved with humanity. At least once every 10 years He could stop in and check in on us. But if you don`t believe in God, then we could wait for the "technological singularity" and create an AI. Then we could develop androids or robots or whatever to do everything we need, from policemen, doctors, judges, and they will all be connected to the super AI so there would be no rogue elements. This would leave humans free to do ...anything we wanted. like explore nature, learn anything you want. There will still be people who will want to be doctors, and people who want to be treated by a human, and this will apply to other jobs too. But you will be doing it because you want to, not because you have to in order to survive. You could be a couch potato all your life if you wanted, and still live long and healthy because of technology. Money would not exist except as a collectible antique . The AI would fix the economy so well that everything would be free, with strict rules about waste and abuse of privilege. Of course, trash would not be a problem as we will have the ability to take a pile of trash and rearrange the molecules into something useful. Sorry if this sounds like an 8th graders response. I don`t know a lot about forms of government -or if my idea is a good one. Its just an idea and one someone has already had I`m sure.

new topics

top topics

join