It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Manning: Screaming Truth to the Black Man- Best video EVER!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow, now this video is a must see. Manning, a black pastor himself t-totally goes off on the what he perceives to be inherent problems in the black race. But it isn't just the black race! It's problems with low lifes of EVERY race!

He compares the situation after Katrina and Haiti with the crisis in Japan and points out the difference in behavior of the people faced with destruction and catastrophe.

There is so much truth in this video it hurts.

Totally impressive.
edit on Mon Apr 25th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
He is correct. Unfortunately I don't think I could say, with confidence, that if a catastrophe hit a huge city with a predominately white population that they wouldn't act the same.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He's exactly right.
Uh oh, I guess that makes me racist.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

It basically comes down to upbringing and culture. The Japanese have respect towards one another, and showed this with flying colors in the recent tragedy. If they weren't sitting in probably the most dangerous geologic spot on the planet, at the junctures of four tectonic plates, I'd consider moving there and being proud to live among such folk.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If you agree with this guy you are a racist. I guess I'm a racist. If you agree with this guy and are black, you just might be one of the smartest black people I know. Any black friend of mine would agree with this guy. That's why they are my friends, even though I'm such a racist. Because they are the exception to an unfortunately very accurate stereotype.
I have to add though that the solution isn't "God" as this profiteering televangelist wants to sucker you into. The answer is education. The cause of barbarism in cultures such as that of Africans and African Americans, is lack of understanding and therefore empathy.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli
He's exactly right.

not racist, just ignorant.
there are many more factors contributing to the civilian response to Katrina and the Haitian earthquake than just race. there were non-blacks in the super dome, too. we have to factor in class, education, economic health of the affected regions... if there is any proof to suggest that only blacks reacted poorly in the two examples, or that some how race affects morals and behavior on a genetic level, then sure, blame it on race. but to say that "blacks have a god problem" and that that is why Katrina went down the way it did requires extensive mental gymnastics. plus, how can we trust the MSM to really find out if there was any looting in Japan? just because it wasn't headline news doesn't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

if the stereotype is so accurate, then how do your friends break the mold? the man in the video argues that black people have some type of spiritual and moral deficiency which makes them act in a more primal way than other races. so, what did your black friends do to break the curse? was there some sort of ritual? did they have to convert to a certain religion? or did they just use the common sense they were born with, negating the assertion that there is something fundamentally different about blacks?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

I did encounter one report of looting. Just one. But come on man, there is no comparison to what happened in Haiti or N.O. None whatsoever. Different leagues, different planets, different universes. And, I guess- different Gods.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
wow

but alot of people have a god problem.

us whites to.

its not an attribute that no people is without.

japan was a different story because their culture and society is totally different than most others.

a national identity that is based on honor and respect to each other and family.

and japan is predominately one race.
edit on 25-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

they are one race, they are relatively well-off and don't suffer the same degree and type of poverty that our least-wealthy do, sendai is the economic capitol of its region. N.O. has serious poverty issues, the lower class was really all that was left in the city post-evacuation, and racial tensions/bias are already strongly in place in our media and across the nation. plus, our MSM is sensationalist and obsessed with violence, our t.v. culture wallows in the depths of humanity with reality t.v. japan is more focused on portraying themselves in a respectful light, and covering up their dirty little secrets, we broadcast ours across the globe.

a couple quick google searches and this is what i could come up with. imagine what would happen if we all applied our intellect to such problems, instead of reverting to the most appropriate prejudice and blaming things on whatever becomes most obvious first?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh at the guys showmanship! I don't think such brutality is confined to race, but instead values and perceptions. If you value Nike shoes, plasma televisions and getting crunk rather than supporting your child, then you just might loot when that "opportunity" strikes. If you perceive yourself as a "poor and ruff n-word" then you may give in to the aggression ALL MEN carry and rape when the "opportunity" strikes.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I agree with this man but................He needs to watch that overt talk of medicating and reeducating a population...That's dangerous talk in these times of potential revolt.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I can agree with some of what he is saying but not all black people are naturally like that. Last time I checked black people are humans and humans create. We are naturally set to create. sorry I am respnding as I am listening to him. But I think it is culturally set how people react to some situations. And ya know this how poor people and people who are not.. there is a word I am looking for and it is not educated but it is likened to that, And yeah I think alot of black people are poor per capita ofcourse.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wow, nothing like laying it out on the table! Saying that, you can't paint all African Americans with the same broad brush. I will say however, there is an inherently violent aspect in some black communities. The standard high school test scores for blacks are also well below other races except for Hispanics. When Bill Cosby also came out and addressed his own race like this guy, some people in the black community got angry. Instead, they should work together to try to change it.

I know when immigrants came to America, they were treated as second class citizens. My grandparents were immigrants and I heard all the stories of how they were looked down upon, passed up for jobs, and labeled with derogatory names. But through hard work, respect for themselves, pride in their culture, education and training, and perseverance they rose above it. We have all kinds of cultures in our city, and in the summer every culture puts on a festival to celebrate it. My family and I enjoy and attend every festival every year. There's a wealth of information and traditions these communities bring to our city. (Not to mention the authentic food we can never get enough of).
The black culture, which makes up about 30 percent of our city never organizes an event like this. That always surprised us since the black culture has given a lot to society with music, dance, athletics, food and fashion.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

He's exactly right.

there are many more factors contributing to the civilian response to Katrina and the Haitian earthquake than just race. there were non-blacks in the super dome, too. we have to factor in class, education, economic health of the affected regions... if there is any proof to suggest that only blacks reacted poorly in the two examples, or that some how race affects morals and behavior on a genetic level, then sure, blame it on race. but to say that "blacks have a god problem" and that that is why Katrina went down the way it did requires extensive mental gymnastics. plus, how can we trust the MSM to really find out if there was any looting in Japan? just because it wasn't headline news doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I guess you just know it all don't you. The fact that I agree with this man does not make me ignorant. I don't think that black communities have a "god" problem, they just show themselves to be extremely uncivilized with each other compared to certain ethnic groups. No need to disrespect. I'm doing everything I can to keep my cool with you right now.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think that everything that this man said is simply racist, and a big contributor to the problems that many races face today. There is a common misconception that happens with most diverse people today, and stereotypes doesn't make things any better. We are in a generational spiral.

A while ago, I saw a documentary about those that were born into sever hunger, or the mothers were pregnant at a time when there was little or no food. When the generational line was reviewed, many of those children, grew up to be obese, or have issues with food, and the fear of hunger, even though they were to young to remember, or weren't even born yet, was passed on by the fear of the parents of dying from hunger.

This to me is still in play with different races. Unless you lived in a time where your family was slaves, just because you weren't there doesn't mean that you are not prone to have that fear. The same as white people that have a fear of blacks. Or Native American Indians, Mexicans, etc,. The situation was horrible for anyone that has had the to live through a catastrophe.

I also wanted to point out that many of the things that he mentioned, has been debunked about what happened at the dome, the people there were starving, surrounded by dead people, and no one came to help. This IMHO, was resetting the fear, or NO ONE is coming, fend for yourself.

There are many here that feel the same way. Just read some of the survival threads. There are people that are willing to kill total strangers to protect themselves, and their families. Is that not the same thing? How are some exempt and others not. There is a well known photo after Katrina of a white couple wading through water with food and supplies that they stole from a near by store. The caption was, that they were looking for food and water, and dry land to survive. While black people were doing the same thing their caption said it was looting.

Japan shouldn't have even come into play in either of those scenarios. Whole different place, different values, different government. There is no right mind that can say that the Katrina incident was without huge lies, miscommunication, and racism, with of course stereotypes. This man should be ashamed of himself.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Japan shouldn't have even come into play in either of those scenarios. Whole different place, different values, different government.

Why not? That was his whole point! Different values, and different people! They react in different ways to the same situation. He is pointing out that one has the correct response, the other doesn’t. How is that being racist? It is just pointing out what is factually evident.

Why is it off limits to compare the reaction of two different populations to the same conditions?

He himself stated that he didn’t know what is causing the problem, but that there is a problem, and it needs fixed. What is wrong with stating the blatantly obvious?

That is the problem with multiculturalism. That is why it creates systemic problems. It forbids the asking of questions that are central to correcting those systemic problems.

The question has to be ask if it is a cultural problem that is compounding the situation.

Or… (if you really want to tread into the off limits zone) if it is some genetic disposition that is causing it. And it wouldn’t be anything new for a species of earth to have varying genetic dispositions. All animals have some form of disposition of one type or another. We talk about it all the time with regards to the other animals on earth, why is it off limits to talk about it in regards to humans?

Lets take a hypothetical look at that last subject for a second. Lets look at the prevailing conditions that surrounded those people for thousands of years before modern times. Africa has very limited resources. So, the people that were greedy survived while the people that tried to cooperate and act as a community didn’t. The resources were not there to support a large community. The people that could fight and gain control of the resources that are there, were the ones that survived.

A lot of the other races didn’t exist in such baron areas. Resources were not in short supply, but you had other stresses on the population. Storms, cold, wind, wild animals, terrain, disease. The ones that could work together and not fight each other survived more than the ones that went at each other’s neck.

Living in diverse climates for thousands of thousands of years will cause a divergence in genetic dispositions. That is a fact that has been demonstrated throughout nature. What is wrong with pointing it out in humans? We are animals too!

That in no way states that one is superior to the other. That just states that each has adapted to living in their environment. A simple factual observation. To say that it is discriminatory is like trying to say that pointing out the fact that a fish can’t breath air and a cat can is discriminating against the fish. No, you are not saying that the fish is inferior. You are just pointing out that each has evolved to live in their own environment. Nothing more, nothing less.

If such an idea was accepted, then what? How would we deal with it? There is remedies that can be applied. If you know that someone has a disposition, then try to counteract that disposition with specialized teaching, or some other form of mitigation.

Heck, It is OK for them to categorize us as “different” if our brains work differently, and run us through “specialized schools” to deal with our “difference”. But it’s NOT OK to point out that some of the same variations could be associated with different races?

That is not saying that the color of the skin causes that disposition. That is stating a disposition may be a secondary genetic trait that follows along with the genetic trait that cause the black skin.

But in the multicultural world, it’s forbidden to even ask those questions. If we seen behavioral differences in apes from one continent to another, we would ask that question. But if you see the same behavioral differences in humans, then you are a racist.

We need to ask the question about what is causing the problem.

If we can’t ask the question, then we can’t correct the problem.

If we can’t correct the problem, then we can’t stop the degradation, suffering, and useless waste of precious life.

Would a cultural remedy solve the problem? Or do we have to medicate? I don’t know. Nether does the person in the video. But we have to be allowed to ask the questions that will find out what that answer is. Otherwise, it’s a lost cause.

Heck, most of the multicultural people don’t even want to recognize that there is even a problem in the first place. Let alone finding an answer for it. Just like the Muslim problem…….. Ow that’s right………. That’s off limits too………….

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

He's exactly right.

I guess you just know it all don't you. The fact that I agree with this man does not make me ignorant. I don't think that black communities have a "god" problem, they just show themselves to be extremely uncivilized with each other compared to certain ethnic groups. No need to disrespect. I'm doing everything I can to keep my cool with you right now.

Lol, tell us again how your not a racist?

For future reference, just to help you out, whenever you lump one ethnicity together and say they react negatively as a group that is racism.

Your comment that "they" are extremely uncivilized with each other is just a horrid comment.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

The problem is the people not the color of their skin. Cant we all just agree that some people are just horrible, or thieves, or rapists, or murderers? Why is that its ok to say... "Oh I guess I cant say that", Or, "Oh I guess that makes me a racist" but thats only said when a black person speaks out about black people.

The separation comes from those that dont see beyond what they think they saw, and were never there. There is something that I never really see people say, and that is this. How can you speak on behalf of a race that you dont really know about, you only know what you saw on t.v, or movies?

I'm not white, and I can never say what I think white people do or say, because I am not. Would it be fair for me to say that white people are all racist? Or that they all live in trailer parks, or they all do meth? No! But thats what t.v tells me. Now what if a white person said it. would it make it more true.

Would it then be fair to say, well another white person would know. Why would they lie. Or even that what they are saying is even more true, because "why would the same race say something like that if it wasn't true"? I cant say oh were all the same, people. We are all different and diverse, we all have different upbringing, and different values. Not because of our skin, but because of who we are inside.

Black, white, yellow, I dont care, fear is fear, devastation, is devastation, the only thing that no one is talking about that should be our main concern is that they lost lives, their homes, their livelihoods, and their independence.

As soon as we see that, it wont matter who is getting paid to spew crap from their mouths because we would all know better.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join