It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record low gas prices, IMF on China & U.S. Schiff Report Video Blog, April 25th 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sciff is good people imo he tells it like he sees it and he's right most of the time

lol gotta get me some old dimes

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Everybody pushes their own agenda. I'd guess he's part right but he makes it sound as if gas is cheaper in other countries when it isn't. In the UK gas is about $8.50 per gallon if my math is right. That includes a huge amount of sales tax. So is he talking pre tax or post tax. Also there's a huge glut of oil but the speculators are betting on a higher price and holding out for more. When the Saudis said they were cutting back on production we all laughed because we'd been told the price increase was due to unrest in the Middle East. We thought the Saudi's were gaming us . But they weren't, there's so much oil there isn't anywhere to store it. The only reason oil is high is because speculators are gambling on oil futures and our governments are taxing our asses off.
Oil speculation thread

The rest of what he says may be true and may make sense to some of you but it's not the only story.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
great thread great vid ....... depressing though

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What a liar.

A silver dime is only worth around $3.39 at the closing price of $46.98 on April 25 2011.

Funny how these guys conveniently overlook the facts.
edit on 25-4-2011 by joe7pack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe7pack
What a liar.

A silver dime is only worth around $3.39 at the closing price of $46.98 on April 25 2011.

Funny how these guys conveniently overlook the facts.
edit on 25-4-2011 by joe7pack because: (no reason given)

I think what he's saying is that if you had hung on to your silver dimes from the day you'd see mega deflation...
in other words a dollar in old dimes is worth way more now because it has real value unlike todays all fiat money.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thoriumisbest
The only reason oil is high is because speculators are gambling on oil futures and our governments are taxing our asses off.
Oil speculation thread

The rest of what he says may be true and may make sense to some of you but it's not the only story.

yep that makes a lot of sense I never said he was infalable either

Still his point about inflation also plays a big part in the increase in price. Look at prices in countries outside the EU or the Americans control and gas prices are not so bad at all...

Sure the speculators help but I think they cause much more harm in the food market. When food production came down about 3% we saw prices go almost 400% higher due to speculators. While it has fluctuated since it has been kept artificially high ever since they got control.

top topics

join