It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Killing = Heavy Rain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I guess i could have put this in television also, but know one will know what I am talking about if you have not played Heavy Rain or heard about it. There is this new series on AMC called the Killing. And in my opinion it is a rip from the video game Heavy Rain. In the Killing you have amurder of a teenage girl that impacts the lives of many different people from all classes of life. In Heavy Rain you have a serial killer who has done some murders and it impacts all the chracthers in the game.

Now the similarities between the two. first which I take issue with is the rain. The Killing takes place in Seattle where I live. Yes it rains here but every scene does not have to be constant rain! All the scenes are just monsoon downpour. Is that what the rest of the country thinks about the northwest constant rain? And in the game Heavy Rain the rain played a part int he overall game. Next is the concentration on chracther development which is a great thing but I am just saying it seems like someone looked at heavy Rain and said that is a good idea.

And also lety me throw this in here Deadspace may be more of a popular game. There was this movie called pandorum Now I think someone looked at Deadspace and said thats a good idea. Even though the concept of deadspace is not that new of an idea. Monsters roam a broken down ship and you have to try and survive. Which was basically what Pandorum was.

So does anyone else see a reversal trend now? that it used to be that Ideas and storylines for good video games came from movies or televison shows. But it now seems like video games are having great storylines and ideas.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

I played until the first scene where you keep sliding down the muddy slops in the dark as the second detective and I had enough and got bored.
, On a more serious note you're right even though I haven't played through the whole game or watched the series....Alot of movies are based on ideas from games or vice versa.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Finally, someone else who found it even more of a bore fest than me, I played through once and a 3rd, (I gave it one hell of a chance, but as a game thats designed for multiple playthroughs it just doesn't cut it.

Movies>Games/Games>Movies.
Look at Battle:LA, it's pretty much taken from the "Resistance" game series, the movie even has a billboard advertising "Resistance 3".

Nothing too new if your looking at storylines being rehashed again and again. Been going on for decades in movies and sitcoms/TV shows.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I couldn't hold my laughter when using the inhaler, Imagine how much of a pain that game would be if playing it with the psMove? The game play is kind of like final fantasy, It doesn't quiet flow.

new topics

top topics

join