It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game blamed for hammer murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here we go. Another case of Video Games getting blamed for #ty parenting. *sigh* :shk:

Game blamed for hammer murder
The parents of a boy who was murdered with a claw hammer by a friend have blamed a violent video game which the teenage killer was "obsessed" with.

Warren Leblanc, 17, repeatedly stabbed 14-year-old Stefan Pakeerah to death after luring him to a Leicester park to steal from him on 27 February.

He pleaded guilty to murder at Leicester Crown Court on Wednesday.

Stefan's mother described Leblanc, who confessed to police moments after the assault, as "inherently evil".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Right, now I am going to go out an kill one of my friends with a katana since I saw that in Onimusha Demon Siege.

Come on first off, the kid was 17 so according to the ESRB he was legal to play it in America, but I see that in Britain he was too young. His mother should've paid attention to her son and raised him right. I'm younger than that and play violent games and I know I can't go out and mimick the actions of Gordon Freeman from Half Life or Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Whatever happened to there being a distinction between a game and reality! And he's 17, he should know better. Games are no excuse.

I believe this holds true-

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" -JTHM

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This is bad, but I sure hope they ddont ban violent games...

99 % of people can handle them.

Manhunt is a Rockstar game right???

Rockstare does a crap load of disgusting games, why not just shut it down?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I've got Manhunt, and it's pretty crap.........it's fun for a few days, but its no Grand Theft Auto.

So I'm hoping this game gets a worldwide ban and becomes a underground "need to have" game, wherby I sell it to a desperate nerd on ebay for �200 in the year 2007. .................ah, in a perfect world.............

Urn

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
in a way, violent video games and movies can almost be considered a good thing.....apperantly its a great way to single out mentally unstable and down right dangerous individuals for incarceration
(of course they have to do somthing incredibly syupid/violent before they can apprehended) :bnghd:

damn....gotta fix my sig

[Edited on 31-7-2004 by Urn]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
in my philosophy, more violence in a game the better. it's a great release from a stresfull day. and whatever happen to this idea called PARENTING!?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm trying to find the CNN link, but this whole thing has been blown out of proportion, AGAIN, by the f'n media. The link says that the police said there is no connection with the killing and the game. The game was found in the victims house, not the killers (they could not find the game at the killer's house). The killer was robbing the joint. There is no connection, case closed, the media sucks, I hope they burn in hell for inciting more game banning.

The police have even said the media started these false connections. I hope whoever wrote the first article claiming that the killer acted out a scene from the game will be hung (I'm a cruel bastard, but I will protect the things I love).

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
you cant ban a video game when it has a rating. if your parents fail to comply with that rating and you go kill someone then its you and your parents fault. hell im to young to play GTA but thats my favorite game because i can handle it im not gonna go take a chainsaw to some fat greaseball.i cant wait for san andreas. besides in vice city you dont even kill the person with the hammer you just beat on there car till they get scared and run. you are intimidating the jury thats all. people need to stop being babys.

top topics

join