It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Our Sun Just Experience A Physical Pole Shift or....? Rotating Opposite Direction Now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
When you look at the HMI Continnum, LASCO C2 and LASCO C3 for the same period of time, the sun remains stable all along the mentioned dates.

Assuredly a weird glitch from SOHO.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Wouldn't that mean that there would be equal times of left rotations to right rotations. I put in from January of 2010 til April of 2011 and the only time I see a direction change is at the end (during this month). It has to be an abnormal glitch or something.

edit on 25-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Sun has Pole Reversal quite often.... it is nothing new

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
reply to post by nataylor

Wouldn't that mean that there would be equal times of left rotations to right rotations. I put in from January of 2010 til April of 2011 and the only time I see a direction change is at the end (during this month). It has to be an abnormal glitch or something.

edit on 25-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)
During that time period, there were 180° rolls on Feb. 3, 2010, Apr. 30, 2010, Aug. 2, 2010, Oct. 29, 2010, Jan. 25, 2011, and Apr. 22, 2011.

If you go to the SOHO Movie Theater and plug in dates for a day before and after each of those dates, you can see the flip. LASCO C3 is probably the easiest of the views to catch it on, since the shadow of the support arm that holds up the solar shield is easily visible and you can see it flip from bottom left to top right.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'll take your word for it. The rolls are evident at all until April 23, 2011 on the images I was watching.
However, if I look at any more footage of a rotating sun I think I'll go nuts.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Source was NASA (Sorry, they do have their uses sometimes)

Can you provide the link please?

I would like to know the date of that.
edit on 25/4/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's definitely SOHO acting up, pay attention to the sun spots, especially the lower left one, and the one on the top right (if it did a reversely, that bright sun spot on the upper right would come BACK).

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by solargeddon

Can you provide the link please?

I would like to know the date of that.
edit on 25/4/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
But the sun pole shifts at the maximum in every solar cycle....

The Sun's magnetic north pole, which was in the northern hemisphere just a few months ago, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one.

This always happens around the time of solar maximum," says David Hathaway, a solar physicist at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "The magnetic poles exchange places at the peak of the sunspot cycle. In fact, it's a good indication that Solar Max is really here."

So there it is folks, definately NOT a pole shift, a we have to be at the maximum of the current solar cycle, and we have only just started to get going with cycle 24.

Its all to do with the suns conveyor belt.

Oh and when it does happen, it won't rip the earth apart (or at least it hasn't happend up til now).

Only that happened in February and it's april now.
NASA doesn't state that this happens multiple times in just 1 solar max

he talked about this link
edit on 26/4/11 by AmpLiF1eR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's a scheduled role...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

2011-04-22 13:30:00 180.00

Good call man nice info... If only everyone else on this thread saw it, this debate would be over. Once again good find

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks. I was concerned that it had just happened which was what it looked like without a link. Of course it should not be happening until July 2013 at current estimates, hence the concern.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's a scheduled role...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

2011-04-22 13:30:00 180.00

Let's see if this being quoted (almost) two posts in a row will allow people to see it more easily.
What if I repeat it? In bold?

The solar "rotation" is a scheduled rotation of the SOHO craft.

There.

Also... mayhaps there should be a message on the page for each image from SOHO whenever they do a roll like this.
edit on 26-4-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
I want to start off by saying that I'm still on the fence with this one. If I had to make a knee-jerk educated guess, it appears as though SOHO has repositioned it's lens 180 degrees. The other scenario is stated in the thread title.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

To view what I'm talking about follow these simple steps:

-goto This Link
-Select the EIT171 camera
-enter date range from 2011-04-20 to 2011-04-26
-watch carefully

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31043069bc5a.jpeg[/atsimg]

I'm a fairly regular visitor to the SOHO site and have never seen this before, hence my curiosity. Please feel free to enlighten me!

edit on 25-4-2011 by discl0sur3 because: (no reason given)

No pole shift. It's just that one satellite: sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wait...I think I have something...

What if the sun is fine, and WE'RE the ones who changed directions?! Whoa.

(Just messin' with ya.)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Anyone views Sun on LASCO 3 under April 22, 2011???

Don't see that whole 8 hours missing???

Upon getting feed back, half of the sun is lit up like a supernova that last a couple of days but now mysteriously vanished. Found point on SOHO where vanished and it just went from that super-light to nothing from one frame to the next(look sorta different)

Will obtain pictures for those timemarks if anyone feels the need to examine this piece of intel!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spydrbyte25
Anyone views Sun on LASCO 3 under April 22, 2011???

Don't see that whole 8 hours missing???

Upon getting feed back, half of the sun is lit up like a supernova that last a couple of days but now mysteriously vanished. Found point on SOHO where vanished and it just went from that super-light to nothing from one frame to the next(look sorta different)

Will obtain pictures for those timemarks if anyone feels the need to examine this piece of intel!

This is due to the flip. As explained in another thread, Pauligirl was kind enough to send an email to get a definitive answers from the scientists involved. As they said:

What happened here is we rotated SOHO by 180-degrees, as we do approximately every ~3-months. So this explains the pylon moving. The reason the images go kinda funky is because our data processing relies on using a "background model" to removed excess background brightness form the images and make our pictures look pretty, the way you see them. The raw, unprocessed files (which are freely and readily available online!) are a lot uglier than those nice blue or red ones you see online. So this background model I refer to is necessary for making the pretty pics, but to make a good background model we need at least 3-days of data at a given roll angle, otherwise we have to use an old model from a previous roll, or one from the same time the previous year, both of which are sub-optimal. Therefore, immediately after SOHO rolls, we are unable to make images that look as pretty as you are used to, and they will typically look either very bright, very dark, or a mixture of bright and dark areas. After a few days, we will have enough data to make our background model and we will go back and reprocess those files. The original, raw data files always remain unchanged though.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Sorry Puterman, I forgot to put the link in my posting, glad you got it from someone else

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AmpLiF1eR

I used to excerpts just to illustrate the point, which is that the pole only flips once in a solar cycle, at the solar maximum.

We haven't reached the maximum of this cycle yet, hell its only just firing up the "quattro" so to speak, so obviously this isn't occurring now.

I'm sure I made it pretty clear

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join