It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The untold story of evolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Erno86

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21627141f426.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e3c4525c7b3.jpg[/atsimg]

"I put my hands on my hips. When I dip, you dip, we dip."

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hivethink

Everybody is allowed their opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Very interesting post.
thank you
if they had been 4 types of human.
I think we came from the week ones.
as the strong woould take land and keep it.
they would not need to travel about.
and the week would have to keep moving and spreading out.
so when the ice age & diseases and big disasters came.
the ones who are scattered survive.
and they would have to eat the left over‘s.
diversity in food. so if what you eat dies,
you dont. you just eat some thing else.
diversity, adaptability, wide spread and luck.
thats us! the Rats of humans.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Pimander

I would massively appreciate your comments on this topic in this thread as well.

Thanks.

Sorry Slayer, that wasn't just an attempt to steal traffic from you. I was trying to be helpful and point folks in the direction of further information on the dinosaurs humanoid topic. You gotta admit, the thread did move into familiar turf for me.

As for this thread, I agree that it's an interesting article (is the Guardian a quality newspaper or what?) I would have commented further but am waiting to see how this conversation develops. Thanks for posting it.

I am more interested in some of your other threads that I haven't had time to have a good look at yet in all honesty. Looks like you share a number of interests with me. I'm pretty sure you will hear more from me pretty soon in some of your threads. It's good to see that there are other guys on here paying serious attention to human origins. There are some VERY big mysteries of significance to attack in my not so humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, thank you for the reply.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
If we descended from apes, why are there still apes? Nice to conjecture, and guess, and whatnot, but no one can say for sure where we came from. It's all a personal belief, after all and science is still guess work in this arena.

Modern dogs came from wolves. Why are there still wolves?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, what I find incredible about the human evolution topic is that we only base our own personal theories on what evidence we have. So, in relation to the article you found where it mentions that species x was identified in 2010, we have to reform our origional thoughts on how we all came to be. It boggles my mind that there is a possiblity that we find other strange human-like remains or not at all that...that pure chance will be the final factor in whether or not we change our perception on human evolution. Insane. One other thought that always comes to mind is how each generation gains more and more passion for learning our history. Remember hearing about people burning egyptian mummies in place of firewood? I think it's entirely likely that our ancestors may have come across paramount evidence of ancient aliens, species xyz, dragons, jesus or whatever else and used the artifacts to make a coffee table. Hahaha. Anyway, thanks for this thread

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by epsilon69
the scientific community jumps to conclusions to fast without providing the necessary proof.

lol no

the media jumps to conclusions too fast completely ignoring what the scientists are saying

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

The fact that humans gave a few wolves some love and let them live with them and changed their looks and behaviour thru selective breeding should have somehow annihilated all the wild wolves?
edit on 28-4-2011 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

The fact that humans gave a few wolves some love and let them live with them and changed their looks and behaviour thru selective breeding should have somehow annihilated all the wild wolves?
edit on 28-4-2011 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

I think that was kimish's point

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
If we descended from apes, why are there still apes? Nice to conjecture, and guess, and whatnot, but no one can say for sure where we came from. It's all a personal belief, after all and science is still guess work in this arena.

Both wolves and dogs bark, still.

Language.....
edit on 29-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Slayer69- As the evolution of our human race progresses, do you think that most of the human race, will still get progressively taller in size? Do you think that Earth's gravity plays a role in the height in human's; save for the people who need to get around in tight places, like the Pygmy's in Africa?

Did the VietCong, during the war in Vietnam, have a distinct advantage in the art of jungle guerrilla warfare against the average U.S. combat infantryman because of there small stature?

Thank's,

Erno86

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Height is not a function of variation in traits and reproductive success, but merely a result of better nutrition and medicine, especially during childhood. As a population, our recent increase in height caused by more reliable food and health reserves has more or less leveled off, suggesting a bio-mechanical limit, at least to the gene pool as a whole. Obviously there are outliers, yet they do not reproduce differentially. There is little to no correlation between height and evolutionary fitness, therefore height is not selected for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join