It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The untold story of evolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
While reading and researching for updated information for my thread [Man's Genetic voyage. Fact, Speculation and Theories...] I came across this article. Which seems to support the premise of my above linked thread. Since it is related to the topic of Ancient man. I found this article fascinating. It's an interesting perspective. I know the topic is controversial. I wanted to see what other members who are interested in the subject think.

Enjoy.

The untold story of evolution

the human lineage begins to look like a bush, with species sprouting in all directions.

And then the story starts to get really complicated. At some point, early humans get up and start moving. They spread. They pack their hand axes, leave Africa and start to colonise the Middle East, Europe, and South Asia. And there is more than one migration out of Africa: first Homo erectus or something even more primitive, and then, much later, Homo sapiens. And they continue to differentiate into new species. At one point in human history, around 40,000 years ago, modern humans must have shared the planet with at least four other human cousins:

Homo erectus, the Neanderthals, a strange, small-brained human found only on the island of Flores in Indonesia, affectionately known as the Hobbit; and most recent of all, species X: a separate human genetic lineage identified in 2010 only by DNA extracted from a finger bone found in a Siberian cave.

edit on 25-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Personally I like the theory that a long time ago Aliens stopped here on earth had a picnic then left...
we are descended from their trash....

Of course we Apache have our own Genesis story...
Yo'lkai'- îstû'n, the "Whitebead woman." was our eve and all were born from her...

So if I have to pick ... I'm going to go with the trash story

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The proof of this human X and hobbit human is weak at best. For the hobbit they have only found one skull and dissenters argue it could be a deformed human, and for this human X they found some DNA in a finger.... the scientific community jumps to conclusions to fast without providing the necessary proof.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by epsilon69
The proof of this human X and hobbit human is weak at best. For the hobbit they have only found one skull and dissenters argue it could be a deformed human, and for this human X they found some DNA in a finger.... the scientific community jumps to conclusions to fast without providing the necessary proof.

Well actually they found more than that...

Flores Man
- Hobbit -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0ffbed97b5d.jpg[/atsimg]

Homo floresiensis
("Flores Man", nicknamed "hobbit") is a possible species, now extinct, in the genus Homo. The remains were discovered in 2004 on the island of Flores in Indonesia. Partial skeletons of nine individuals have been recovered, including one complete cranium (skull).[1][2] These remains have been the subject of intense research to determine whether they represent a species distinct from modern humans, and the progress of this scientific controversy has been closely followed by the news media at large. This hominin is remarkable for its small body and brain and for its survival until relatively recent times (possibly as recently as 12,000 years ago).[3] Recovered alongside the skeletal remains were stone tools from archaeological horizons ranging from 94,000 to 13,000 years ago.

and as far as that one "Finger bone" goes...

Denisovans

Denisova hominin
The mtDNA of the Denisova hominin is distinct from the mtDNAs of Neanderthals and modern humans.[3] In December 2010, an international team of scientists determined the sequence from the nuclear genome of this group (known as the Denisovans) from this finger bone. According to their analysis, this group shares a common origin with the Neanderthals and interbred with the ancestors of modern Melanesians

The Denisovans are interesting to say the least. They are cousins of Neanderthal yet were distinct. We see their contributions with the Melanesians...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef07843104e4.jpg[/atsimg]

Melanesia

Melanesia is a subregion of Oceania extending from the western end of the Pacific Ocean to the Arafura Sea, and eastward to Fiji. The region comprises most of the islands immediately north and northeast of Australia. The name Melanesia (from Greek: µ??a? black; ??s??, islands) was first used by Jules Dumont d'Urville in 1832 to denote an ethnic and geographical grouping of islands distinct from Polynesia and Micronesia.....

There was probably a long period of interaction that resulted in many complex changes in genetics, languages, and culture. It is possible that from this area a very small group of people (speaking an Austronesian language) departed to the east to become the forebears of the Polynesian people. This finding is, however, contradicted by a study published by Temple University finding that Polynesians and Micronesians have little genetic relation to Melanesians; instead, they found significant distinctions between groups living within the Melanesian islands.[5] Genome scans show Polynesians have little genetic relationship to Melanesians.[6]

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by epsilon69

Actually they do have sufficient proof; else they would not have said, "lookee here what I found!" That the level of proof does not meet your (no doubt rigorous) standards probably just means that there is no level of proof you would accept from - fingerquotes and sarcastic tone here - "science"

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have Cherokee blood in me, being from the south, it's a small patch of us that actually have real connections to the old world without just saying it. I'm not sure how much is in me, but my grandfather's mother was full blooded.

My grandfather always told me about the Cherokee legend as a kid and it kinda stuck with me. As I learned and heard more stories, I found that there are not good enough theories that make me believe that the indians did NOT originate here.

And if they orignated in the United States, where are the all the bones of all these apes/monkeys we supposedly transformed from.

I know most will say they came from South America, and some came from other parts, but I still haven't found a answer than is confident.

Why do we always forget to mention the indians? The stories I have heard from the Cherokee legend of creation starts like Genesis in a way, yet this story was told before the land or people were infiltrated by outside influence.

I'm not dismissing or disagreeing with anyone, I just wouldn't mind to see some discussions and thoughts on this, maybe I have missed something or just stupid?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Can you speculate about: What if the dinosaurs survived the doomsday asteriod collision 65 million years ago. Would they as well, have the chance for some dinosaurs, to evolve large brain capacity's and become bipedal enough too be classified as reptilian humanoids?

Thank's,

Erno86

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

You mean something along this line?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f67d61ae923b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ca6fea6bd36.jpg[/atsimg]

Who knows....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21627141f426.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e3c4525c7b3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Nope not stupid.

I'm Mescalero myself.

The deal with DNA is that it does tell a tale of the Natives coming mainly from Asia. There are some rather tantalizing artifacts supposedly from other parts of the world where there shouldn't be though.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You always present some interesting things to ponder. Thank you for this! I shall return and re-read it when I have more time.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I appreciate your interest

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If we descended from apes, why are there still apes? Nice to conjecture, and guess, and whatnot, but no one can say for sure where we came from. It's all a personal belief, after all and science is still guess work in this arena.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by JAGx1981

Nope not stupid.

I'm Mescalero myself.

The deal with DNA is that it does tell a tale of the Natives coming mainly from Asia. There are some rather tantalizing artifacts supposedly from other parts of the world where there shouldn't be though.

Nice! I have seen and read about some of those artifacts, but with what I have seen, I still cannot come to a full conclusion that that is what happened conclusively, but I do like to read more on it, and anxious to see if more is to be found.

I mean as human beings all of us have DNA that can be compared to another set of people in one way or another and be close, right?

Thats what makes these discussions cool, you get to find out what others think and get yourself thinking.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
If we descended from apes, why are there still apes? Nice to conjecture, and guess, and whatnot, but no one can say for sure where we came from. It's all a personal belief, after all and science is still guess work in this arena.

Although I keep my mind open, I agree with you 100%. My personal belief that I choose to put my faith in is faith itself, and that faith tells me there is something bigger to all of this than scientific speculation will ever give.

We probably will always be guessing until we become a part of the dust from which we came.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Your going to think im nuts for posting this Slayer but here it is feel free to yell at me
and S&F

I like the The Aquatic Ape Theory approximately 6-7 million years ago, our ape ancestors were trapped in a semi-aquatic environment. This forced them to search for food in the water and become very comfortable in the water; over time altering their bodies to be more effective in the water. The theory says that a founder population of apes got isolated on an island-like setting when East Africa flooded.
After the flood it created many islands..This flooding lasted for around a million years and is the same part of Africa where famous fossils like “Lucy” have been found.and our bodies started becoming more streamlined as a result of natural selection..I like this idea its thinking out of the box and interisting

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

ape is an entire family of primates, our closest relatives (chimps) share a common ancestor that was a primate of some sort, but was neither a chimp nor a human

i can assure you this is not guess work, and no belief is required, things simply are

edit on 26-4-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I've never bought into the Theory of Evolution ever.

Neither have I become fully divested in Creationism through the church.

I've always seen through all forms of propaganda my entire life.

Whether I wanted to or not due to my love of reading, studying, and cross-referencing.

Personally, I see the "Creation" story and "The Big Bang" story as one and the same.

While Scientists and all of the churches are fighting over the power to influence society.

With Government, take your pick of which one, funds and or divides both sides against each other.

Divide and Conquer is a means of the control mechanisms of power to be put into effect.

Divide up religions, and you have power, in smaller groups, divide the scientific community, and you have power, in smaller groups, make science and religion at odds with one another, and you've successfully divided the populace between those researching facts, research, and funding from faith, blind obedience, and a funding drive through the tithe.

Guess this all comes from my having been through so many religions.

As well as being a conspiracy theorist since I was 6 years old and never buying into anyone's B.S.

People keep talking about "disclosure" coming and I say nonsense.

This is nothing more than pre-calculated spin and a consolidation of power by reducing control mechanisms.

Through the War on Terror a united front of World Government is happening.

And we've got a front row seat while beanie wearing alien seekers watch the sky.

What they do not realize is this is the evolution of power through manipulation of the masses.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
If we descended from apes, why are there still apes?

Because we're not descended from apes. We share a common ancestor with them. That we are descended from apes or monkeys is probably one of the biggest misconceptions about the theory of evolution still being circulated today.

Nice to conjecture, and guess, and whatnot, but no one can say for sure where we came from.

True. From an epistemological standpoint, nothing can ever be known with absolute surety. Science actually works from the opposite direction: positive assertions are made and then attempts are made to falsify or invalidate those assertions. The theory of evolution hasn't been falsified to date, even though it has been as rigorously tested as any other scientific theory (e.g. cell theory, germ theory, circuit theory, heliocentric theory, the theory of gravity...). Is there a chance that it could be completely wrong? Yes, but none of the evidence gathered to date indicates that.

It's all a personal belief, after all and science is still guess work in this arena.

It's no more a "guess" than any other scientific theory, but people seem to enjoy singling it out for special criticism.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

Can you speculate about: What if the dinosaurs survived the doomsday asteriod collision 65 million years ago. Would they as well, have the chance for some dinosaurs, to evolve large brain capacity's and become bipedal enough too be classified as reptilian humanoids?

We already have speculated about that in considerable detail here.

Originally posted by Pimander

Is it Possible That Dinosaurs Evolved into Humanoids?

I would massively appreciate your comments if this topic interests you.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I would massively appreciate your comments on this topic in this thread as well.

Thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join