It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Can't Be Happening In America

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Tha answer is simple: We're all a bunch of sheep. Did we flock to the white house to protest all of our jobs going overseas? Heck no.

The middle east is rife with ignorance that brute force will never overcome, yet do we scream in one voice for our officials to call back all of our soldiers? Heck no.

We have the power to bend government and big business to our will. We've always had the power, but we refuse to use it.

I have never voted by choosing one candidate over another, but have cast a no-vote to voice my disgust with the system by which we elect our officials. Candidates lie through their teeth to get into office, then do nothing or the exact opposite of what they'd promised.

What I want to see is, within a month before people go to the polls to vote (for any government office, but especially for president) is the candidates must undergo a lie detector test. To answer questions like:

Do you plan on involving us in any war?
Do you have a hidden agenda?
Have you concealed anything about yourself that the voters should know about?
Have you made campaign promises to any private organization that would go against the good of the average citizen?
Are you seeking public office to truly make a difference in our everyday lives?
Are you seeking public office solely for personal gain?

If any candidate could survive this test, they would get my vote.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I don't know your age bracket but I can't see this going on another ten years before it all comes unglued. When we have been brainwashed and beaten down and trashed like a bunch of stepchildren, and when the person next to you says"not my problem! why the hell should I get involved?" it is proof positive that we are headed for a major disaster.

My thanks to the many greedy basturds who have created this dying monster.....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You could duplicate most of that for the UK, except we have totally uncontrolled immigration that our government has backed wholeheartdly and also suffered a brain drain which the government has kept quiet about.

Also, you do have the protection of your Constitution, and I suspect the power to undo its errosion.

In the UK we are serfs,cannon fodder in short) and always have been subjected to undemocratic government percolating down through royalty and the old aristocracy, the church and hereditory and some newish ghastly yuppie-bought, mostly imported peers/lords.

Any doubt about that and you will see that the British tax payer and economy is in the proces of shelling and shedding £6 billion for a royal wedding. for one of th wealthiest families in the UK.

I am close to loosing my ability to giggle.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Well I beg to differ.
A well regulated militia is formed by citizen who, when part of the militia, has every right to keep and bear arms.

All the text says is that there must be a militia and that any free man can be part of it and then have the right to bear arms.

Wrong again.

"I ask, who are the militia? They consist of now of the whole people, except a few public officers. - George Mason, Founding Father"

You seem to enjoy adding words to established historical fact. The 2nd Amendment says nothing about the need to be in the militia in order to keep and bear arms. The people were the militia. Plain and simple.

"The great object is that every man be armed - Patrick Henry

Are you implying, as a Dane, that you know the Constitution better than 2 of Americas founding fathers?

Any text can be refuted by learned people and people who have an agenda.
You are just standing on the shoulders on those who agree with you.

You choose to ignore historical fact, because you have an agenda.

Well - we might be heavily taxed, but that is partly because we don't have to have health insurance. When we get ill or have an accident it is all paid for.

Also we have very few toll roads. It's all paid for.

We enter an old peoples home absolutely gratis. It's all paid for.

We get a state pension. It's all paid for.

All paid for by other people. I'm sure Denmark is paradise for the parasites who refuse to provide for themselves.

Perhaps if the citizens of Denmark were armed (like all free people should be), the Danes would have lasted longer than 2 hours when Hitler decided to invade. Instead, they relied on other people with guns to liberate them.

It seems it is a Danish tradition to not do for yourself and instead rely on others.

Guns don't kill people. People do. Bah Humbug.
It is so much easier with a gun isn't it?

Actually its easier with a car.

A gun is designed to kill. People buy a mere object that is designed to kill. It's probably that.

Are you ever correct about anything? A gun has but one purpose: To fire a projectile.

Where that projectile goes is determined entirely by the human operator.

My guns have never killed anyone. Are they defective?

Please quote the correct person. Some of your comments to me are responses to text quted from somebody else.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
***snip***

Are you implying, as a Dane, that you know the Constitution better than 2 of Americas founding fathers?

No I'm not. I'm stating a fact that just because it is part of an old historical document it doesn't have to be right. Times have changed. In your society guns seem to be more important than compassion.

***snip***

I'm sure Denmark is paradise for the parasites who refuse to provide for themselves.

And you would be right. But know also that many of the people who don't pay for themselves are out of work because of the greed of multinational companies who are more than happy to have a branch in Denmark where they can "run in the red" and then use that as a reason for not paying taxes in Denmark, because they pay back on loans from their investors who for some odd reason demand huge interest rates - way beyond normal intrest rates.
Same companies sell their products in Denmark but have their goods produced in countries where they don't have to pay so high wages.
And for some odd reason the majority of those companies are part of American companies.

But most of us are happy with the system because we get medical care even if we are unemployed and can't afford an insurrance like you have in America. And we don't get a bill if we are transported by ambulance.

Perhaps if the citizens of Denmark were armed (like all free people should be), the Danes would have lasted longer than 2 hours when Hitler decided to invade. Instead, they relied on other people with guns to liberate them.

You should take a history lesson before you talk through your back side.
Denmark had a population of less than 4.5 million and a rather small army NOT based on aggression but defense. Against the might of the German army we would have had a large number of dead soldiers and civilians but we would still have been occupied. Our government decided that living Danes were better than dead ones.
We relied on nobody and had our resistance movement as other countries also had.

Also note that America only entered the World War when their own interests were threatened. As per usual.
Great Brittain took the brunt of that war. Not you. You just like to pretend you did.

It seems it is a Danish tradition to not do for yourself and instead rely on others.

Insults will get you cheap laughs and that's about it. But you are of course right. That's why we are doing business in Libya while you wait until we have almost finished. And as per usual you will wait untill it is almost finished and then you guys will come running with your Semper Fi crap.

Are you laughing yet?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I like America, just as everyone else. I love MERICA, but america will be judged

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I Just want to agree with you in that it is a big deal what is happening and it all came to a head so fast because that is the Plan. Even if you don't buy the idea that some conspiracy of a large consortium of banks and industry leaders in a group like Bilderberger is running things, you can I am sure agree that the corrupt few are ruling the largely uneducated and mind controlled masses.

The best thing we can do is to have principles and balls to stand up for those principles in our daily lives even if it hurts our physical means. The fact htat most people would sell their soul just for a pay cheque is the main reason the country is in the mess it is. If people refuse to join the military, refuse to work for companies that pollute, kill and contract to the military industrial complex, then the fix would be simple.

We must first educate people to the consequences to their actions, and the consequences of taking dirty money, and then we must engender a sense of personal happiness at doing the right thing, and not caring about money power or sex obsessively, like those in power do. Part of this is to boycott the system of elections. They don't count your votes , they sway them however they want to put their puppets in power. They illegaly take your money with federal taxes that go towards no services but debt. They reward crooks and penalise the average person.
DONT PLAY THE GAME

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anyone who believes this only applies to America is delusional !

Short of genuine direct action it will never change, as time goes on there will be less stomach for that action and there will be less of us who have the means to carry it out.

The Op's list is pretty comprehensive and we/you/the world sat there while they carried it all out!

They did carry out the biggest robbery in human history.
They did kill and continue to murder our youth, or consign others to a drug constrained lifestyle.
There is blatantly one rule for the masses and another for the elite.

We will continue in our delusion as long as our own personal comfort requires us to support the lie in order to enjoy what we have accustomed ourselves to. The majority are still blind enough to 'wave the flag'.....even as our own troops and law enforcement protect the interests of the ruling elite over that of the people.

Today I watched a sporting event where an american youth won the final, the joy and happiness of winning was replaced by that so familiar hard punch or tucked arm complete with aggressive scowl and several ''yeeaah's ! As if some foe had been vanquished, except it wasnt an enemy defeated, just another nail in the coffin of humanity....whatever country your in!
edit on 30-4-2011 by Tie No Bows! because: typo

edit on 30-4-2011 by Tie No Bows! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Exactly, its about expressing your humanity, or re-finding it!
If you listen to your inner self you will know whether a choice, whether a pay-cheque, or whether the filth coming out of the media is good for you. If you choose to do what you feel is right, and not what a pastor, priest, politician, boss tells you is right, you will be alright.
This is for everyone on this earth. Dont play the dirty game they want you to. Don't be controllable by putting crap in yourself.
Its like the old computer troubleshooting maxim Garbage In : Garbage Out.

The more people live personally right lives, and don't give money, time or support to the System in any way, the quicker things will get fixed.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This isn't entirely true that people are not active and are just sitting back. Protests and numbers of individuals involved in protests have been steadily growing the past decade. They just dont get reported because the MEdia doesnt want to give you any hope.

In my city alone only 2 weeks or so ago there were hundreds of people outside a building of the National Institute for Standards and Technology protesting against spreading of their lies on 9/11 information.

Antiwar protests continue apiece in all states and all countries. The media just is afraid of the people uprising.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
Vomit-worthy quote of the day (courtesy of WRH):

"Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do." -- NYC Mayor Rudolph Giuliani

....words escape me. Did he really say that?? How is that not setting off alarms in everyone's heads?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostanima
I'd like to point out that there has never been any REAL opposition to the government (we can't do that, or we are terrorists!); even this tea party bull# is not even grassroots: IT'S FUNDED BY OIL BILLIONAIRES.

I see this being said by quite a few people. Koch Brothers, minions of the dark god Fossilfuelz, are funder/founders of the Tea Party!!

How do they fund it? Who gets the money? I've never gotten paid for attending a Tea Party. Why would they fund it? Nothing I saw or heard at any Tea Party changed my thinking in any way. I just saw a general agreement in government fiscal policy that can be summarized with two words: Less everything.

Less spending, less taxes, less withholdings, less credits, less loopholes, less taxcode, less bailouts, less welfare, less unemployment, less bureaucracies, less bureaucrats, less administrations, less administrators, less endowments, less grants, less loans, less regulations, less corruption.....and so on and so forth, all the way down the line, including less of the reviled and fearsome Temple of the Industrial/Military Complex. You get the idea.

So please, explain to me the thinking behind this. I am genuinely interested, but please don't respond with a link to a 40 page ATS thread.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon404
I want to add a separate post that's more concrete. Here are the areas that I feel the US needs the most work:
Criminal defense. Fact over 90% of all criminals in the US never see trial. While the US states pump tons of money to prosecutors public defenders get hardly any attention. Many public defenders don't even know who their clients are since the state overloads them with so many so they tell most to just plea bargain...

This could be fixed somewhat by: 1) Getting rid of the DEA and the ridiculous "War on Drugs" which, as we should have learned from the Prohibition experiment, does nothing but supply career criminals with money and power...and 2) Getting rid of the BATFE, or ATF. "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" should be a convenience store, not a government agency. These guys started out as a small crew of IRS agents--friggin' tax guys!!--charged with tracking down moonshiners. When prohibition was dropped, they didn't want to be shut down and lose their Gov't jobbies, so the Admins told them to start chasing down illegal weapons dealers/owners. That seemed pretty dangerous to these IRS accountant boys, so they got around it by entrapping private collectors at Gun Shows. Very annoying.

Housing. US housing has become too high. Buying a home should not cost much more than a years wage. These prices also trickle down to those who pay rent. Soon homelessness will be rife if these prices cannot fall. Homes should be homes not money market speculative investments.

Not sure what you mean by homes being "money market speculative investments" unless you are talking about investments in the company or lender corp itself. Private assets like homes are not available for purchase as stock in the exchange, but sometimes stock in a lending company specializing in homeowner loans may be purchased.
But it seems to me that excessive government subsidies, funneled through the Fannie and Freddie Fraudhouses to lending corporations in return for large bundles of sub-prime loans issued by the lending corps as per gov't regs, was pretty much the reason for the entire housing market thing. It was way too easy to get loans, so lots and lots of people got 'em and bought houses, which drove the prices up because that's how markets operate. The "Affordable Housing" crap legislation, in a beautiful display of so-called "unintended consequences", launched the price of housing way into the stratosphere. So much for "affordable". When Fan and Fred finally failed, the bubble popped, lending corps were stuck with stacks of sub-prime paper issued at government orders but which Fan and Fred could not purchase, leaving the lending corps with less-than-empty funding accounts. So the pop of that bubble started bringing the whole house of cards down. The politickers got "emergency" legislation passed which allowed them to use public funding to keep afloat anything they had a financial connection with("too big to fail" means "politicians own stock here"), everything else that was going down was blamed, CEOs perpwalked, etc. And here we are. Yay for government intervention.

Corporatism. Corporations have far too much power. I do not mean the small corp. I am talking the multi million corporations. These entities strangle small businesses, pervert political discourse, and move our jobs overseas while minimizing job growth domestically.

I agree with this too...but usually the reason a company can get so creaking huge is through supportive legislation. This would be one of the reasons for being wary of "industrial/military" type companies; the government has a vested interest in making sure that company has a clear path to work, which can result in some nasty entanglements of corporations and governments, resulting in an entity structured to compete for profits but with the power to enact laws in its favor. No fun. Keeping the government out of this would keep corps on an even playing field, where they would effectively keep each other down to a manageable size.

Finally using the tax code to effect policy. While I do not believe in a flat tax per se, a simple progressive taxation % on net income needs to be established so we can know how much everyone pays in taxes.

Yah, the tax code sucks. No one understands it, and I'm sure you've all heard how three different IRS agents, given the same account documents, will produce three different answers to what that account owes in taxes. Retarded.
I would really like a consumption rather than income based tax. That, it seems to me, would be the most fair. All taxes an individual pays is dependent upon how much that person spends. Rich folks, naturally, would pay a lot more per capita than poor folks or "middle class". And since the tax number--a percentage--would be the same for everyone, we would not have situations where one group is trying to raise the taxes of the others. If the tax got too high, everyone would stand up and give the Gov't a unified stare-down.

The problem is, none of this is any good for padding pockets of public officials! They must, after all, think about their livelihoods!!
edit on 5/5/2011 by Tsurugi because: Typos

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by neo96

And we recently were arguing over dismanteling unions...?? Really?

Err...yeah. Public Sector Unions. Meaning Government people. Meaning taxpayer paid. Meaning those unions are organized against us, the taxpayers. No one did anything to Private Sector Unions. Ask the UAW boys.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost artistic
And i should know. I live in a country you call socialistic but its still the greatest country to live in. Not said by us, but by the world! We pay 25 % tax to food and i pay 33% in income tax.The Gasoline cost around 9 dollar per gallon!! But we have healthcare. REAL healthcare. And we all have a roof on 470 dollars we pay for the doctor in total before we get a free card wich means we don't have to pay for doctor, perscription (Blue Perscription pills like Asthma related and ssri) or the shrink.

This system works and i know its badly comparable to your country since my coyntry is smaller than Texas. But you have the ability if you just let the taxes grow. Then your income will to and the country thereafter. EASY

Wow. "Let the taxes grow?" The countries you mentioned which are failing--a failure you somehow connected to Free Markets--have done just that. Their taxes grew, the "dependent class" grew, and now no one is making money to pay the taxes to funnel to the dependents. Fail.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiberianPurifier
everyone knows obama sucks ..... he is the reason millions in US as well as all over the world lost jobs ...... and yet he won a peace prize !!! and that bush just wanted oil so he invaded the gulf

Well...the first statement above may be true now...or nearly. There is still a dedicated core of Obamabots remaining.

As for the second, well....I'm not defending Bush by any means, but I'm really tired of hearing this. If we went to the Gulf for oil, WHERE THE HELL IS IT?? Seems like we would have cheaper prices for petroleum products.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Nah, the oil we steal goes into the war machine, our war machines obviously need more gas than we do

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
No I'm not. I'm stating a fact that just because it is part of an old historical document it doesn't have to be right. Times have changed. In your society guns seem to be more important than compassion.

So...does that mean you think a person who owns guns is incapable of compassion?
I don't think that's what you mean...care to explain?
For the record, I own guns, and have a license to carry a handgun. Concealed or not. All of my family and many of my friends have the same.
None of us has ever been involved in any kind of gun violence. Ever. We don't have these guns--guns we followed all the laws to get, filled out paperwork, took tests, paid fees, etc--so that we can go strutting around, pulling iron on people and robbing them or something. We have them because, despite what some people may prefer to think, there are people out there who do get guns to do just that. But gun laws don't stop them...what's a stupid gun regulation, when you are prepared to kill a person? Sheesh. Complete gun control would achieve one of its desired effects...all "gun related accidents", such as a child being injured or killed playing with a carelessly stored gun, would be stopped. The problem, though, is that only lawful people follow the laws. So complete gun control here would result in the disarmament of myself and all of my loved ones. The criminals, who already break laws and thus don't give a shyte, will still have guns. And guess what! They will know I don't! How convenient for them!!
Plus, these days it looks like I might be happy to have them vs. my own dang government.

...but know also that many of the people who don't pay for themselves are out of work because of the greed of multinational companies who are more than happy to have a branch in Denmark where they can "run in the red" and then use that as a reason for not paying taxes in Denmark, because they pay back on loans from their investors who for some odd reason demand huge interest rates - way beyond normal intrest rates.
Same companies sell their products in Denmark but have their goods produced in countries where they don't have to pay so high wages.
And for some odd reason the majority of those companies are part of American companies.

In a global market, you are going to have companies moving around to get the best position financially. When there are localized regulations in place, they are often advantages to external companies, who then crush internal companies stifled by said regs. Unless you manage to take over every country and all peoples, consolidate their governments, and regulate the planet....wait, that sounds familiar....

But most of us are happy with the system because we get medical care even if we are unemployed and can't afford an insurrance like you have in America. And we don't get a bill if we are transported by ambulance.

This seems like....well...boring to me. You're happy with...medical care? That's all you guys want? I mean, with no job, what do you do all day, every day? Sit around waiting to get a neat disease?
edit on 5/5/2011 by Tsurugi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Totally agree, we will not surrender meekly, the biggest menace to civilization though at this time is Islam, Never surrender, stand tall and take 20 of them with you.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

You got it right about the DEA, but as far as the free market stuff, you have had the wool pulled over your eyes.

First of all, the biggest welfare recipients in the U.S. are International Corporations (ICs).

Secondly, when you go to the those tea parties, you are supporting politicians whose only concerns is continuing welfare for the ICs.

The Freddie Mac Fanny Mae program was fine, until banks started fraudulently giving high ratings to badly made loans, to scam the system to drive up the price of housing. With out the fraud, home prices would not have been driven through the roof leading to the collapse.

Your free market is competition with slave labor backed by monetary policies which put all the advantages into the hands of the ICs and screw the Mon and Pop businesses.

Stop falling for the free market scam, and start demanding that our government do its job, and start enforcing laws against fraud, and America could easily return to the prosperity it enjoyed not that long ago.

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join