It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by nicolee123nd
There is always a possibility for a change, its just that people are not motivated enough to do it until everything is taken away from them but by then it will be too late
8) Once the U.S. ran the greatest financial surpluses since the British Empire was at its peak. Now it is the world's biggest debtor nation running a borrowing and printing Ponzi Scheme to pay its bills.
Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by jbrew75
Oh yeah you're right. Assassinating your gay lover has no bearing on your character or ability to lead. My bad.
Originally posted by Baddogma
I remember how we used to live... has anyone else noticed that goods are not stocked anymore like they used to be? Stores can't buy inventory.
Originally posted by CrazyCloud
This is my first post on ATS, so apologies if I make any faux pas or anything. Great thread, really interesting reading and felt that my views may be relevant here. I am British, living in Britain, and I must say that you guys over the pond are not alone. To look at the original post, we are in similar, if not completely identical, circumstances. Maybe even worse.
1) We follow our American allies into every warzone they feel like participating in, without ever saying "Erm, hang on a sec...."
2) $6.00 a gallon? That is CHEAP! We are currently paying £5.90 a gallon, that is $9.62.
3) Our education budget has been slashed, resulting in a huge drop in student demographics (I am a teacher), meaning over the next 10 years (if we get 10 years) we face a significant drop in college attendence, creating an uneducated underclass.
4) We are making soldiers who are in Afghanistan and Libya REDUNDANT while they are in the field
5) Our NHS is being cut to ribbons, meaning we are facing 3 months plus waiting times for operations.
6) Our political system is no different, every electable party we have is run by 90% public school (Eton etc, upper class) attendees. Every choice we have is the same.
7) Our neighbours, Europe, are collapsing economically left, right and centre. Greece, Portugal, Ireland with probably Spain being next on the list, and if that happens..........
8) Our bankers, though causing or contributing to the current economic crisis, get bonuses of £1m +, while Public Sector workers get pay cuts/freezes or redundencies.
9) Nearly 60% of our economy is through the public sector (run by the government) leaving a measly 40% left to the private sector. This means here in England 6 in 10 of the working population get paid by the government, to then give it back to the government in taxes. Sustainable......? No.
10) Our biggest media outlet (the BBC) is government run, and paid for by the population by paying a TV License.
11) University fees this year went up from £3000 a year to £9000 a year, leaving the average student a debt of £27000 ($44023.50). That is a mortgage before they even have a house.
12) An estimated 1 in 8 of the UK population is an immigrant.
I could go on and on, but I think you all know the drill. You guys are not alone, but how long can this last? The U.S. are not exactly viewed with rose-tinted glasses like you used to be, not by any means, not since G. W. Bush somehow got the reigns of power. But we aren't covered in glory over here, we have become lapdogs to your administration, caught between pis$ing you guys off or pis$ing Europe off.
BUT! We have started the protests over here, students, teachers, Public sector workers have all taken to the streets and more are planned. The question is, does it do any good?
But hey! We have a Royal Wedding happening next week! How is that for timing?
Originally posted by colbyforce
Originally posted by Independent
If you guys want to see anything change in America then do what I am going to do next election, get out and vote Independent Party for everything....The R's and the D's are never gonna care about anything except there own agendas. We can still save this country so lets start an Independent Revolution!!!
There's no way to win when elections are rigged if necessary. The bastards have us by the cajones as they always have, just playing dirtier all the time. The scariest thing is the more they are exposed, the more they push it and don't care.
They consider it “normal”.