It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ats is a psy-op

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
or at best a business

denying ignorance is their business model, their product,

not their value

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(i tried u2u the remover-man, but no answer so)

maybe the guards of the order (of ats) will justify the moving/ burying of that thread above in this rant here ?

but before, in order to respect their "denying ignorance" motto i strongly advise them to wikipedia hemp/cannabis to understand the difference and make an appropriate answer or you dear controllers of what we may discuss/what we may not might well end up looking like...

yes: ignorant.
edit on 25-4-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hey there, yo, hey welcome, so glad you could make it!

A Psy-op you say?

Look deep into your monitor..... you're feeling sleepy.... sleepy, yes, sleeepy... your eyes are getting droopy...droopy...droopy.... you can barely hold them open anymore...

So psy-op aye?

You never hoid of such a thing, got it!!!

*shakes fist at society*

Oh and when I could to 10 you will wake up.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.... bugger it Im off for a beer

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cannabis is smoked

Hemp is used for ropes, t-shirts, etc. Smoking it has no effect as far as i know..

Don't know about the psy-op thing but the hemp/cannabis thing is commonly mixed up by people.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The thread wasn't deleted so what is the issue?

The issue has been addressed before why that forum is there. ATS is a business and there are certain things they do to make sure that everyone can access the site. Censoring certain things is not out of suppression but to make sure a wide range of people have access.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I quoted this from here: www.iamshaman.com...

Smoking marijuana will make the user high, and smoking hemp will not. Hemp contains less than 1 percent of the active ingredient THC, the substance that gives pot smokers a high. Marijuana plants, on the other hand, can contain 10 to 20 percent THC.

The hemp debate and the marijuana debate are often confused with each other. Proponents of legalizing hemp cultivation focus on the plant's many uses and the fact that it requires no pesticides in order to flourish. However, opponents express concern that permitting hemp cultivation would result in the legalization of marijuana cultivation because both hemp and marijuana come from the same plant.[1] Opponents also say that other raw materials are more economical than industrial hemp, which has been disproved on more than one occasion. Cultivating hemp is currently illegal in the United States, although hemp items are imported, including hemp foods.

Just for those looking to know the difference..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

...And you have just proven how whenever there is a thread on the legal one, the illegal one always seems to pop up.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

It may be a psy op but it most definately is a business.
I don't hold that against the staff of ATS however.
My gun dealer here in Kalifornia cannot sell me some guns i would love to own, in fact doesn't even like to get near alot of subjects such as DOJ Etc.
As he wants to run a clean business and go home at the end of the day, harassement free.
Now here on ATS there are certain taboos that aren't crossed....i'm not sure why.
There is freedom of speach but, maybe ....well i really dunno.
But the place sure is entertaining if yer fat old and broken like me!

I did read your post and i always thought hemp was fiber for shirts shoes and ropes and such.
I learn something new everyday i guess!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

so i can legally buy hemp and i only have to smoke 20 joints to get high

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The threas is still open to replies.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
the psy-op is a joke... relax, who am i to prove that ?

although everyone should remain open to the possibility

anyway i'm still waiting for some sense here :

on one side everybody agree hemp is not cannabis,

on the other some noble devotee to the ats order explain very seriously that it is normal to bury a thread about hemp in the cannabis section;

i'm confused... are you saying a thread about hemp based survival should be hidden in cannabis section because ... because what again ?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Who cares about psy-ops you go to FB or twister or froozle they get all the info anyway.
The NSA (oh excuse me the people at Fort Mitchell) know who you are when you sign on line
About 40 years ago (it's been THAT loong) a 50' 1 in hemp rope cost about the same as a kilo of marijuana
that's why I switched to bananananana peels free when you buy banananas

HEY sit back relax and enjoy ats and thank you for sharing

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Curling1

a psy-op is about implanting ideas in your mind

learn to read before trying to write friend

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
reply to post by Curling1

a psy-op is about implanting ideas in your mind

learn to read before trying to write friend

By definition, this thread is a "psyop". You have accused ATS of being a "psyop". Which means, that you are implying something, I assume, hoping people to believe in your accusation.

Had you have done the necessary steps to understand the issue you are complaining about, I dont think you would have needed to make this thread.

You read some great posts by Skeptic Overlord Here.

Read all his posts in that thread here.

Our first, and still important, reason for refusing drug-related topics has been concern over the automatic categorization of the ATS domain by Internet filtering software.

Those who enjoy casting aspersions will assume the policies were to line our pockets as traffic and ad revenue grew. However, a minor amount of research will show that the policy was put in place long before any advertising appeared on the forums.

Over the past several months, we've noticed a disconcerting rise in the number of drug-related threads that are nothing more than thinly-vieled attempts to inject druggie culture into ATS discussion. Additionally, on more than one occasion, our staff has spotted online discussions by disruptive detractors, organizing to do just that -- screw with ATS by spamming drug topics.

While this discussion is old, your thread is not. And the topic you create now has been addressed plenty in the past.

Of course, you will say that your thread was about hemp, but if you had done your research and read other threads on ATS (Use the SEARCH feature) You would quickly see how Hemp threads are derailed.

Whether or not this is the case for your thread being moved, I don't know for sure because we don't have the opinion of the person that moved it.

Either way though, there is enough reasons on ATS if you read the history, to gain some understanding as to why it might have been moved. And you can do all this without coming to the conclusion that ATS is a "psyop".

So, IMO, you have made a thread, accused ATS of something, without trying to understand the alternative perspective, you are running your own "psyop". -as you say....

edit on 26-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

you take yourself and ats too seriously;

however the only serious matter around here is that hemp can decontaminate land from radiation.

that's a hell of a news and that has to go global

what's the most important at the end of the day ?

the business model of ats or the healh of our grandchildren ? this question is intended to ats staff;

to get back to the psyop thing there is something i notice as a constant about ats : it is very hard to address to them, to get answers, or any kind of transparency... as a matter of fact i'm seeing ony members trying to elaborate justifications

it is a great lack of respect for the users concerned. and somehow me feeling little like i am addressing an army a very hierarchical organization, a rigid order where people do what they are told to do, no more no less and in full opacity. this is a weird strategy for a business.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

however the only serious matter around here is that hemp can decontaminate land from radiation.
So do many other plants. But you chose Hemp.

the business model of ats or the healh of our grandchildren ? this question is intended to ats staff;
You never proposed how your idea is even remotely realistic. You suggested for people to go buy hemp seeds while failing to mention that Phytoremediation is done site-specific, in localized areas of pollution.

to get back to the psyop thing there is something i notice as a constant about ats : it is very hard to address to them, to get answers, or any kind of transparency... as a matter of fact i'm seeing ony members trying to elaborate justifications

Staff actually addressed you in your thread:

Posted by 12m8keall2c
A mere reminder ...

Please focus further replies and responses on the Actual topic of discussion here:

Site policies and staff actions are in no way germane to the topic of hemp or it's many resources and useful properties.

Thank You

The writing is on the wall, it's up to you to read it. I assume you never read the quotes that I made in my earlier post. You will see that all the posts relating to the illegal plant were removed from your topic because the discussion was supposed to be about hemp, not the other.

it is a great lack of respect for the users concerned. and somehow me feeling little like i am addressing an army a very hierarchical organization, a rigid order where people do what they are told to do, no more no less and in full opacity. this is a weird strategy for a business.

Well for one, what you are describing happens in just about every business. As far as it happening on ATS or in relation to your thread... it's not, you are just seeing things that you want to see.

You were addressed by a mod in your thread. Not sure how much more you want.

Personally, if I was a mod I would've canned your thread outright because it is nothing more than a plug for people to go buy hemp seeds, which you have not represented properly in your thread. That is why I am not a mod though.

Phytoremediation

Additional info

More on the matter.

Your thread and this thread are prime examples of what you accuse other people of.

surprise...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

vow man i'm impressed;

bu whatever the fish it's been drowned by now, don't lose energy anymore with pointless points

i'm curious about those other plants and how they compare in term of efficiency, enlight me soldier

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

or at best a business

I think it's been made quite clear in the past that it is a business (but also a forum for discussion).

However, as the opening post in that forum clearly states, there are some topics that are not advertiser friendly, so we have to handle it. While there is a distinction between hemp and cannabis, said distinction is not part of the common view (which often equates the two), so it was moved to the appropriate forum. In the past (before this forum) it would have been trashed per the Terms and Conditions dealing with drug related threads (and yes, even though hemp isn't really a drug).

Quite a leap to a "psy ops" campaign though... For that to be true, there'd have to be an actual agenda....and all of the mods have many different viewpoints on various issues. There are skeptics/believers, etc. among us depending on the topic. Our only agenda is that we love the site, and try to contribute to it being a success, and a place for open and polite discussion.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

hence denying ignorance being a business model, a product & not a value.

= ats is corrupted by the system of the fed it pretends it is fighting by using the "denying ignorance" motto (since most of the ignorance in this world is produced by the lies of the system)

does integrity allows exceptions ?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
reply to post by Gazrok

hence denying ignorance being a business model, a product & not a value.

= ats is corrupted by the system of the fed it pretends it is fighting by using the "denying ignorance" motto (since most of the ignorance in this world is produced by the lies of the system)

does integrity allows exceptions ?

Where was your integrity when you were telling people to go out and by bags of hemp seed for no relevant purpose?

Does hypocrisy allow exceptions?

top topics

join