It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again: Pearl Harbor was a an exact prequel to 9-11: The reason why FDR provoked Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Seems it never ends, the comparisons between 9-11 and Pearl Harbor are resurrecting in debates on the interenet and liberal emails.

And it's not so much that people are arguing the history of WWII, as it is that people are saying that 9/11 was a redux.

Anyway, the topic has become hot fodder around liberal forums and emails. Might as well have this forum join in on the fun.

Pearl Harbor was a an exact prequel to 9-11: The reason why FDR provoked Japan into attacking the USA was to get us into the European War. Japan and Germany were allies. The Germans were kicking the hell out of the Russians and the only way FDR could save Stalin and his bolshevik friends was to get the USA into war with Japan. That would force Germany to declare war on the USA, and that is exactly what happened.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

I think the parallels are often overplayed and exaggerated.

Sure, FDR and the military leadership knew Japan would likely attack the United States. As early as 1939, the US began reinforcing garrisons and upgrading defenses in places like Wake Island, Midway Island, and the Philippines. Its easy to look back now and put all the pieces together but how obvious was an attack on Pearl at the time?

Similarly, the US knew AQ was planning something and had been for years and while the pieces certainly seemed obvious in retrospect no one caught it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Try replacing Japan with China
The Us can't compete financially with China because the US is broke so ( since 1933 )...
By cutting off China in Libya and in Nigeria
and the US is creating the same situation it did to provoke Japan into pearl harbour....

According to Dr Paul Craig Roberts .....
(undersecretary of the treasury under Reagan, and one of the worlds top ten economists.)
On Alex Jones today

PS as we see in Libya
the US is Al CIA DUH
Duh
edit on 25-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The Japanese bombed the begeessus out of Manchuria. Mao Zedong became an American ally. Go figure?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm sure liberals are hotly debating the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was for nothing more than a test, to osee what our nuclear arsenal could and would do. The government sanctioned it as a "Pearl Harbor Retalliation", when it was just us wanting lots of "lab rats"

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Thornography11

Yeah, I suppose saving maybe a million American casualties in an invasion of Japan had nothing to do with Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

How many nations have attacked other nations with nuclear weapons? If im not mistaken America was the only nation to do so. Im not defending the government's actions, im just saying the government does NOT care about the military personnel who work for it. So it had nothing to do with saving American lives, it was an experiment.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

It is said that
that justification is a myth..
to justify using the atomic bombs on some lab rats

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

And the quarter million POW's that would have been executed the day the invasion began.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thornography11

The Japanese wanted to build an atomic bomb. The Nazis wanted to build an atomic bomb. America built the atomic bomb because America is the best there is.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

If someone attacks me or my family, I will use whatever means necessary. The only justification I need is that I win, and that my family is protected.

Justification is needed by those who attack and lose.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The really nice part about the atomic bombing of Hiroshima is that all the arguing for justification can't alter the fact of history.

top topics

join