It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano says TSA inappropriately touching a 6-year-old was completely professional

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It seems very hard to believe this is really about stopping terrorism.

How much are we spending?

How many actual plots have been stopped?

What are the odds of dying in a terrorist attack as opposed to being killed by a drunk driver?

How many times has the TSA been tested only to have knives, guns and fake bombs get through without a problem?

We tossed aside all of our rights and freedoms to gain a bit of peace of mind?

Someone famous said something about that a long time ago. Who was that deranged lunatic and what did he claim?

Oh...right. It was Benjamin Franklin:

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

We've been had!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ok I have this to ask, I see so many people outraged at this thing but other than posting on this board, what have you done to stop this nonsense?

I know it is awesome to vent but we here at ATS need to start doing something, contact your local congress rep and give him/her an earful, get your friends to do the same, it is time to stand up for the sake of the children at least.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

I'm inclined to agree about letting your elected representative know how you feel about this issue... but - this policy is in place by the authority of politically appointed executives of the government. And it's not like they don't know how the majority of the country feels....

I have yet to see a single release that says "TSA clamps down harder on passengers; nation rejoices!"

How "out of touch" do our representatives have to be to tolerate this?

Or could it be the other potential answer is: "They don't care, it's not like they or their families have to do it."
edit on 25-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

just more and more BS..

What does a 6-year-old have to do with terrorism?

this is just training the next generation to accept more tyranny.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarylHamblett
Al Qaeda is still a threat. We cannot pretend somehow that because Barack Hussein Obama got elected as president, suddenly everything is going to be OK.
Barack Obama

No we can't pretend that it went away, and it is safe to assume that various government agencies have determined that Al Qaeda is currently plotting to use 6 year old white American girls, toddlers and other youngsters to attack us.

Based on this new information, Napolitano should have all of the suspects matching this description detained and sent to Guantanamo for waterboarding and more intensive interrogations, and if needed detained indefinitely, or until the threats have been mitigated.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
Ok I have this to ask, I see so many people outraged at this thing but other than posting on this board, what have you done to stop this nonsense?

I know it is awesome to vent but we here at ATS need to start doing something, contact your local congress rep and give him/her an earful, get your friends to do the same, it is time to stand up for the sake of the children at least.

Unfortunately, my grandmother passed this weekend.

I am currently corresponding with my family members in FL regarding the wishes she had concerning her burial.

I have made it clear to my family that I may not make the funeral if I am required to walk through a scanner or be searched just so I can board a plane.

I have had conversations with them and many are condemning me for my mindset but I have made it clear to them that I will not be subjected to unconstitutional searches merely to fly down and attend. I believe my grandmother will understand and will smile down on me and agree that my decision is the right one.

Should I be deterred from my flight, it could well make the news and I'll post to relate my experience with the TSA.

I trust I have answered your question.
edit on 25-4-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Unfortunately, my grandmother passed this weekend.

I am currently corresponding with my family members in FL regarding the wishes she had concerning her burial.

I have made it clear to my family that I may not make the funeral if I am required to walk through a scanner or be searched just so I can board a plane.

I have had conversations with them and many are condemning me for my mindset but have made it clear to them that I will not be subjected to unconstitutional searches merely to fly down and attend. I believe my grandmother will understand and will smile down on me and agree that my decision is the right one.

Should I be deterred from my flight, it could well make the news and I'll post to relate my experience with the TSA.

Though Im' not related to you....but my hats off to you sir! And if you dont make your flight.....bring on the news channels! 100% backing from northern Az !

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Though Im' not related to you....but my hats off to you sir! And if you dont make your flight.....bring on the news channels! 100% backing from northern Az !

I truly appreciate your response. My goal was not to get off topic but merely to answer a question posed.

On topic? Should my family insist my daughter (9 years old) attend the funeral as well, it is guaranteed to make the news should anyone attempt to touch her regardless of how "professionally" they figure they will ATTEMPT to do so.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

A breach of the 4th is just that....a breach! Not one citizen should tolerate their 4th being infringed upon. The very act of doing so is a travesty to what this country was founded upon.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
IMO this is a typical 'play on words'. The TSA employee who was doing the search did not behave unprofessionally within the remit of her job. HOWEVER, it is totally unacceptable that 6 year olds should be touch searched AT ALL.

Napolitano's statement stinks of the double speak/play on words which is the characteristic of this garbage who are in positions of power. She knows exactly why people are outraged, but sidesteps the issue and gives the message that these searches are 'professional' when in fact they are criminal.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wasn't it again Ron Paul that tried to do something about it? A bill submitted that would make barry and all government officials have to go through the same security crap we would have to if we chose to fly? I am doing the only thing I can as a consumer, I refuse to fly, while this crap is being perpetrated. I still write to my NY reps, even though I am in canada now. I was there when they they were voted in, and still hold US citizenship.
edit on Mon, 25 Apr 2011 14:11:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
A breach of the 4th is just that....a breach!

A realization I have come to is this:

Those who are willing to give up liberty for security, and have, really see no problem with breaking the constitution, either, and that using the constitution as an example is pointless to these people. They simply don't see its value. We need another, really clear way to show these sheep that it isn't right at all, and apparently, even touching kids won't do it!

I was speaking to an old friend, a Vietnam vet, and he has that kind of opinion-- that safety is worth anything.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tragblack

As jefferson once wrote:

Those who would trade security for liberty, do not deserve either.

( something like that anyways)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I will say this...that if citizens denied such procedures and stood their ground with lethal force, this would stop IMMEDIATELY. Sadly, people will put up with terrible indignity, as history shows, long before the straw break.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree with that guy, it was a professionaly done search, and not sexual in any way. Anyone that sees any sexual or pedophile behaviour in that video should have his head checked in the first place.

I do think that this policy may not be effective compared to bothering of the passengers it inflicts, tough, that indeed may be up to debate.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'd like to touch Napolitano professionally with a ten foot pole...

sick even Hitler didn't go this far with his gestapo

vote for this man end the madness.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I agree with that guy, it was a professionaly done search, and not sexual in any way. Anyone that sees any sexual or pedophile behaviour in that video should have his head checked in the first place.

I do think that this policy may not be effective compared to bothering of the passengers it inflicts, tough, that indeed may be up to debate.

So I take it infringing on a persons rights isnt a big deal to you. To be secure in their persons, papers and effects has no bearing in your logic either?

Do you enjoy the ongoing molestation of your rights?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
I will say this...that if citizens denied such procedures and stood their ground with lethal force, this would stop IMMEDIATELY. Sadly, people will put up with terrible indignity, as history shows, long before the straw break.

sorry man i thought about digging you a new one but really what would that do but possibly feed into your crazy...
if i said that it would only play into their hand and escalate thing would you listen? what if i told you the only way to stop it is to get involved. Would ya? Seriously no guns no violence nothing but a few minutes of your time...
pm me if you care if not keep praying someone else saves you soon

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

it is time to stand up for the sake of the children at least.

Yes!! We tell our children to not let a stranger touch you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable. And we're supposed to make an exception for TSA personnel??

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
IMO
me thinks Janet needs a proper psyc
evaluation to find out just how many
screws are loose.

I agree....a few adjustments with a screw driver or two
she should be back on track. We can all thank the Patriot Act for what is
coming down....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>