It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Has anyone ever seen with their eyes closed?

page: 1
7
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
As I was reading more and more threads here, I was trying to recall if I've ever experienced anything supernatural or out-of-the-ordinary.

Besides having a small time slip (it lasted only a few seconds, not minutes or hours like some have had), I remember being about 7 or 8 years old, broad daylight and walking down my street with my school books in hand... I remember seeing the fire hydrant in front of me and thinking about how red it was.

I close my eyes for some reason and I can literally see through my eyelids; because this is such a weird thing I only had them closed for a few seconds... I tried to do it again but couldn't' and have never had the experience again.

Anyone else ever have this happen? And, if so, could you detail any information you have gleaned from it or that might explain what it is?




posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
when i walk into my room at night to sleep, I have to close my eyes to find my lamp which is exactly to the right of my door after i walk in. If i dont close my eyes i reach right around it for some reason. Its weird but... I dont know why its easier that way for me.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have had this experience a lot over the years. I have made sure that it is not just photo-residual (basically burn-in of the last image seen)... I cannot really explain it other than it being a function of the visual processors of the brain.

And it is not 100% accurate.. I can still trip on something.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, I know it wasn't "burn in" as I don't have a cathode ray tube under my eyelids... lol. I seem to remember that I was able to walk for a few steps and see everything just as if they were open.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherBear
I close my eyes for some reason and I can literally see through my eyelids; because this is such a weird thing I only had them closed for a few seconds... I tried to do it again but couldn't' and have never had the experience again.



Not me personally, but I'd read accounts from other people over the years, just like yours.
Here's a random example...
Link

It might just be an illusion. As well as optical illusions there are also tactile illusions - where your senses (of what your body does and feels) are false. That is, eyes are open but your brain lies to your consciousness about it. Other tactile examples exist.
One way to check would be to have someone video your face while you can see through your eyelids.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's never happened after that. And I've tried to recreate it, even going so far as to find a really red fire hydrant and recreating the experience... nothin'



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've had it happen over a three day period - weirdest thing I have ever experienced, and it hasn't happened since : /
I can agree it wasn't a residual burn in, because of the way it happened. Interesting phenomenon for sure.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Three days? You mean it happened consistently over 3 days or that you were able to do it intermittently over a three day period?



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
raining



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've had this happen several times. During lunch breaks at work I like to sneak off into an empty office to catch quick naps. Sometimes when I'm just about to drift off I can actually see the room around me when my eyes are closed. I can even move my head around and see everything move accordingly.

To me, it only happens when nearing R.E.M sleep. Which could say that it's entirely made up in my head, or that some process involved with sleeping opens up the "third eye".

Who knows!? I do know that it happens to me quite often.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherBear
 

Were you tired when you had that?? I have had it plenty of times right before falling asleep.
You dont really see the real world though, more a very vivid dream version based on your memories.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Hallucinogens have the capability of transforming the inside of one's eyelids into an HD screen.
The possibilities are limited only to the limits of one's own imagination.

So this is actually created by the hallucinogens?
No, it is not. It is created by one's own mind.
The hallucinogens are just one tool that can be used to achieve such an effect.

Exactly! And a natural way to experience this is to practice lucid dreaming using a induction method called WILD or similar method.
Most of the people who are good with WILD technique have experienced this phenomena more than once.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherBear
Three days? You mean it happened consistently over 3 days or that you were able to do it intermittently over a three day period?


Intermittently over a three night period - after being in bed a short while.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
I've had this happen several times. During lunch breaks at work I like to sneak off into an empty office to catch quick naps. Sometimes when I'm just about to drift off I can actually see the room around me when my eyes are closed. I can even move my head around and see everything move accordingly.

To me, it only happens when nearing R.E.M sleep. Which could say that it's entirely made up in my head, or that some process involved with sleeping opens up the "third eye".

Who knows!? I do know that it happens to me quite often.
So, do you try to get to a state where you are almost dreaming?


Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by BigBrotherBear
 

Were you tired when you had that?? I have had it plenty of times right before falling asleep.
You dont really see the real world though, more a very vivid dream version based on your memories.
Not at all, I remember being very alert and it was right after school (around 3PM), so I was ready to watch my cartoons and play some Nintendo then ride my bike to the Good Ol' Jumps.


Originally posted by juleol
Exactly! And a natural way to experience this is to practice lucid dreaming using a induction method called WILD or similar method.
Most of the people who are good with WILD technique have experienced this phenomena more than once.
I used to (when I was younger), have lucid dreams where I could see myself running, lift my legs off the ground and "fly" around... this too has passed.

edit on 25-4-2011 by BigBrotherBear because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
I've had this happen several times. During lunch breaks at work I like to sneak off into an empty office to catch quick naps. Sometimes when I'm just about to drift off I can actually see the room around me when my eyes are closed. I can even move my head around and see everything move accordingly.

To me, it only happens when nearing R.E.M sleep. Which could say that it's entirely made up in my head, or that some process involved with sleeping opens up the "third eye".

Who knows!? I do know that it happens to me quite often.


I experience this as well. just as a nap begins or ends, I can see the room I'm in for a few seconds with my eyes closed. It doesn't last as long as your experiences do, it kind of scares me, but I wish I could get over that and use the opportunity to have an OBE if possible from that state. Thanks for the thread OP.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot
 


How is it possible to have an OBE from that state?

Btw great thread topic OP

This has puzzled me as well before

S&F



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It happens to me sometimes. Usually when it does I will open my eyes to check how the room is compared to what i saw. Sometimes there is little differences, but not much change in overall configuration. This usually happens when I wake up from sleep but still have not opened my eyes, it really doesn't creep me out but its fun to experience.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5
It happens to me sometimes. Usually when it does I will open my eyes to check how the room is compared to what i saw. Sometimes there is little differences, but not much change in overall configuration. This usually happens when I wake up from sleep but still have not opened my eyes, it really doesn't creep me out but its fun to experience.
What kind of differences? And is this just fleeting or can you actually get up and walk around with your eyes closed?



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherBear
 

I had a few of those dreams naturally as a kid as well and then lost the ability as i grew older.
I then some years ago came across some forum that mentioned those dreams and after 2 weeks i had my first lucid dream since childhood.

I believe it is something that most people can learn to do.



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join