It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Tel Aviv Is On Fire.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I wonder if the Arabs in Tel-Aviv held a similar demonstration about inequalities if it would be allowed to continue as this one did. Do you think so?

There were demonstrations in Tel Aviv that involved Arab citizens of Israel. If it is about Iraq war, Gaza war or Lebanon war. And not in South Tel Aviv but in center of Tel Aviv. So if there was someone who wanted to organize this kind of demonstration there should be no problem.
Examples:

Between two and three thousand Palestinian and Jewish demonstrators marched from the Cinemateque to the Museum Square in Tel-Aviv

electronicintifada.net...

Thousands of left-wing activists, including many Arab citizens, marched Saturday evening from the Rabin Square to the Cinematheque plaza in Tel Aviv in protest of the fighting in Lebanon.

www.ynetnews.com...
Again, Israel is not what you assume due to all the propaganda and counter propaganda smoke.
It is certainly not heaven, it has serious descrimination issues, there is Palestinian conflict, there are Jewish supremasists, there is terror, there are war crimes. It is too interesting to live here. But it is no hell either.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Illegal immigration is still illegal immigration.
There are tons of illegals looking for work in Israel.

What do you want the Israelis to do? Roll over and let millions into Israel?
What needs to be done is that we need to stabilize the situation in africa so that the people that want to get ahead in life can do so without having to illegally work in another country.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Ironic how un-happy many Israelis are with the state of affairs when they are basically a large welfare state. An incredibly large number of Israelis don't even work because their government gets huge funds from the United States; Ironic people starving in the U.S while Israel doesn't even have to work and you get free money from the Israel Government to live as you please; In Israel that is.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Shalom!

Now there is the sense of it all. I spent a month in Israel fairly recently, exploring and getting the vibe. I came away calling Israel my 2nd home. It is indeed "too interesting". An amazing country.

I think in any criticism of Israel we have to look at the whole picture. There are bad vibes In UK and U.S but we do not judge the countries on those bad vibes alone.

The whole foundation Stone of my life is from the Prophets of Old Israel and The Messiah. Really, it is so for Islam, too. The only way foward now is for acceptance and forgiveness by Israeli Jew and Palestinian, to live together in peace. We must look at eachother as individual humans who deserve certain rights. Segregation will never work. Oh Jacob and Esau, be brothers once again.

The Israeli people need to have better relations with the Strangers who come into The Land? Remember..."So, too, were you once Strangers in the Land" (The Almighty via Moses)

As a personal note to you I did spend a night up on Mount Olivet praying over The Old City for peace to The G_D of Israel. Do prayers come true? I hope this one does one day.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Just another Israeli bashing thread (Big surprise here). Picking out one group of peoples flaws and no other groups Hmmmmm. Sure racial problems are bad. Repeat racial problems are bad (so that cannot be thrown back) but to single out one group makes your posting equally as bigoted and racist as what you are complaining about!. Despite what others say this does not represent Israel as a whole! Disgusting hahahahahahaha!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A bunch of Hypocrites - Why don't they open a few gas chambers! My God what the hell are human beings doing to each other?

Sorry I didn't watch it right through, I find it too upsetting - the masses should not be fighting each other they should be fighting the few who created this abomination!

Talk about Love Thy Neighbour - they would do well to read their own Holy Books again and not just the bit's that suit their agenda.

I do know that many Jews would also condemn this action and Bravo to them - but this is the Blind Leading the Blind.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
. They are quite lucky to have this country they have, considering it is stolen land they live on themselves.

Stolen land? To begin with, if you subscribe to the belief that Israel was "stolen" from the Palestinians, then please brush up on history. You will find that "Palestine" has never been a country throughout history, rather it is the name of a region in the same way that "Europe" is a region, but not a country. For a group of "Palestinians" to demand a homeland is equivalent to a bunch of Italians standing up one day and saying "we're Europeans and we demand a country of our own called 'Europe'!!" The British controlled the region that Israel is now in from 1917-1948. This was called "The British Mandate of Palestine". Jews and Arabs were both allowed to immigrate to the Palestinian area during this timeframe. They of course did not get along too well and this led to the British making many attempts to separate them into regions to keep them apart, but none of the agreements were agreed to by both parties. After WWII Britain was on the verge of bankruptcy. They were preventing Jews from immigrating into the area and this started to have a negative impact on Britain's position in the world. In particular they needed a loan from the US and the US was delaying it due to this issue. Britain then turned the matter over to the UN. The UN appointed a committee to address this, it was the "United Nations Special Committee on Palestine" (UNSCOP). UNSCOP recommended partitioning Palestine into two states- one Arab and one Jewish. The recommendation was ratified by the UN General Assembly. The Arabs declared that any attempt to establish a Jewish state would be met with war, and in 1948 as the British shrunk away from controlling the region the Arab-Israeli War began. The hostilities ended when Israel, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria signed the 1949 Armistice Agreements and Israel's borders were established and agreed to. So I ask you, where in this brief history lesson is the part about Israel stealing land?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Just another Israeli bashing thread (Big surprise here). Picking out one group of peoples flaws and no other groups Hmmmmm. Sure racial problems are bad. Repeat racial problems are bad (so that cannot be thrown back) but to single out one group makes your posting equally as bigoted and racist as what you are complaining about!. Despite what others say this does not represent Israel as a whole! Disgusting hahahahahahaha!

I am not singling out a group of people. Others on this thread may have, but I have a legit concern for the group in the video. I never said that this represents the country as a whole! read the thread before you accuse someone of being a bigot, or a racist.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I am not singling out a group of people

Come on I only see Israel mentioned not one other country. so yes you have singled out one group!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm gutsy enough to say these people can and are problematic in other countries, not just Israel, yet how strange no one cares to admit it on a public message board.

Keep in mind, Israel has a small population of Ethiopean and Yemenite Jews who have assimulated well in to Israeli society and are highly regarded among the IDF; so racisim is not the issue here, it's the fact that these Sudanese are Muslim.

I'd be inclinded to take the under 18 year olds, offer them a proper education and trial them out in Athletics and Soccer. There might be the odd potential Olympian or Soccer star among them. God only knows, Israel needs to improve their status among the international sporting arena.

youtu.be...
edit on 25-4-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

so I am singling out a group because I posted a video and gave my opinion on the 100 or so protesters.

your straw-man argument is being stretched here.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

so I am singling out a group because I posted a video and gave my opinion on the 100 or so protesters.

your straw-man argument is being stretched here.

You can argue all you want you have clearly singled out one group and called them racist. Exactly what racism is, singling out a particular group and painting a negative picture ....... hmmmm you have nothing to argue ...... Its all there!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yes, the group was racist; those 100 for their comments. (Not the country) I am not accusing a whole race, religion or creed. your placing words into my mouth. again, bad argument.

try again.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Yeah, there were racists there. I am sure that it does not happen in other countries. It happens only in Israel. No racists outside Israel. Immigrants are welcomed in UK/US/France/....
Happy hate fest.

So, You didn't condemn it! Little surprise there. Israel IS a racist state. Not because this sort of thing happens but for the many inustices non ews suffer daily. (key doesn't work)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

try again.

Don't have to try anything again. The racist "sneak attack" style of this thread has been exposed and your efforts at denial speak for themselves hahahahahaha! Proven!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

This is where I ignore your future posts because you are completely missing the point I was trying to make and trying to smear me with tasteless tactics. Instead of trying to smear me. why don't you engage the topic at hand with what was going on in the video instead of what you are currently trying to do.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

My replies were related to the thread and the motive of the thread. Completely on topic! You don't tell me which aspects of the thread to discuss hahahahahaha!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You are right the one older lady in the blue Jacket said alot and wanted to say more, I would have liked to know what she was saying the entire time. I believe the only thing near the start of the video she said I saw translated was Al Qeada. I believe alot of them are very pissed off and its portrayed as racism because of this but also because of the person behind the camera.

Its not so hard to understand, there are some real points made as to why they want them gone, like boon said besides the financial implications I believe they actually feel threatened.
edit on 26-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: spelling

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
*Note: The title is of the youtube video, and not of my design.* I couldn't think of a better title so I left is as is, but if someone suggests something better, ill consider changing it to something more accurate or suitable.

The video basically explains itself...

After watching the video, I was a bit disturbed and appalled by the racism, and bigotry being shown. This reminds me of how bad racism was in the American south 70+ years ago... and its supposed to be 2011!!! These Israelis are protesting against Philippine and African immigrants in Israel. Is their hate just, or is it just blind hate? Any sort of racism or hatred towards someone else due to the color of their skin is unacceptable!

What are your thoughts on this ATS?

When China/India welcomes several million African refugees, when Latin America welcomes several million immigrants from Asia I will believe you. As far as I am concerned when I read post's from people like you all I read is "Caucasians aren't allowed to have our own communities yet every other race is, Caucasians must be left without a country of their own and must be annihilated".

That is all I hear and based upon Demo-graphs from every "white" nation it is far closer to the truth then the pretty egalitarian words you string together. I have a right to exist as a biological organism and I do not consent to this genocide.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Wow.

A thread about how bad racism can be turns into a Jew bashing fest.

I hope you all feel high and mighty about it.

Edit to add:

This was not directed at the OP as I fully understand what he is trying to get across.

But many of the posters in this thread talking about why they can understand why Jews have been treated badly and the people who starred those posts should be ashamed of themselves.

That's what anti-Semitism looks like.
edit on 26-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join