It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has detected second cyber attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Iran says it has detected second cyber attack

www.calgaryherald.com< br />

TEHRAN - Iran has been targeted by a second computer virus in a “cyber war” waged by its enemies, its commander of civil defence said on Monday. Gholamreza Jalali told the semi-official Mehr news agency that the new virus, called “Stars”, was being investigated
Jalali warned that the Stuxnet worm, discovered in computers at Iran’s Bushehr nuclear reactor last year, still posed a potential risk. Some experts described it as the world’s first “guided cyber missile”, aimed at Iran’s atomic programme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Seems while the world in caught up with support and prevention in Japan, Libyan "war", total Middle-East collapse and US economy on the brink, the Iranians took this oppourtunity out of the lime-light to advance their Nuclear Weapons programme without any massive International pressure... well...

Not so fast.
edit on 25-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well I don't know if a nuclear program can be developed in the time since the recent events you described.

Also, I think the first step in this whole discussion of should Iran be allowed to have nukes would start with the U.S., easily having the largest stockpile of nukes in the world...

Honestly, until we get ourselves together it's hard to point a finger at someone else.

Especially when we're talking about a nation who is known for bullying, occupying, taking over, and oh let's not forget, we're the only country who has dropped one (2!)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Seems while the world in caught up with support and prevention in Japan, Libyan "war", total Middle-East collapse and US economy on the brink, the Iranians took this oppourtunity out of the lime-light to advance their Nuclear Weapons programme without any massive International pressure... well...

Not so fast.
edit on 25-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

Actually it seems based on the story that what actually occured was Israel launching another cyber attack on Iran because hey, one spewing set of reactors in Japan just isn't enough to cull the population like the Powers that Be would like.

Your contention that Iran has been using the time to develop nuclear weapons is neither sourced or proven, but is simply a matter of personal opinion you interjected into a story about what is yet another aggressive act by Israel that has the potential to endanger countless people around the world.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Coming from China, citing Iranian Students' News Agency.

Iran to host int'l disarmament conference
2011-04-25 00:50:37

news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-04/25/c_13843925.htm

TEHRAN, April 24 (Xinhua) -- Iran plans to hold international nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation conference in mid-June, the local ISNA news agency reported on Sunday.

(...)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The world may appear to be caught up in the disasters in Japan and elsewhere (maybe the word should be "sidetracked"), but I am pretty sure the US/Israel have not forgotten about Iran. They are not about to give up on their plans to bring Iran to its knees by whatever means it can.

edit on 4/25/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

Russia has way more nukes than the US but i do agree with your views.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
WikiLeaks trustworthy or not, posting it.

Report: Netanyahu supported striking Iran
Published: April 21, 2011 at 7:41 AM

www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/04/21/Report-Netanyahu-supported-striking-Iran/UPI-28531303386108

JERUSALEM, April 21 (UPI) -- Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was willing to join former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's government if Israel initiated an attack on Iran, a report says.

The details of Netanyahu's stand appeared in a confidential cable sent by Marc J. Sievers, a political counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv, to the State Department in Washington in June 2007, a report released by WikiLeaks exclusively to Haaretz said.

(...)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Doubtful. The MSM is already sprouting stories of Iranians as brutal puppy killers,

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

Lawmakers in Tehran have recently proposed a bill in parliament that would criminalize dog ownership, formally enshrining its punishment within the country's Islamic penal code. The bill warns that that in addition to posing public health hazards, the popularity of dog ownership "also poses a cultural problem, a blind imitation of the vulgar culture of the West."

The proposed legislation for the first time outlines specific punishments for "the walking and keeping" of "impure and dangerous animals," a definition that could feasibly include cats but for the time being seems targeted at dogs. The law would see the offending animal confiscated, the leveling of a $100-to-$500 fine on the owner, but leaves the fate of confiscated dogs uncertain.

It is much more likely that Iran, having long been on the hit list of the corporate globalists, is being increasingly spun up as evil to various interest groups here in the US. The right wing thinkers will hear the dangers, (nuclear weapons, their terrorist leanings,) and the left wing thinkers will be barraged with their puppy and women hating ways and various humanitarian type accusations.

They are on the list. We arent in an immediate position to attack them, dealing with our overthrow of Libya and all, but they are on the short list, and as I see it, the media spin is already accelerating.

Edit to add;
I like how the MSM even tries to get cat lovers upset too by claiming it could easily extend to cats. Ummmm not likely. The teachings of Mohammad are the basis of their cultural belief that dogs are unclean, and...................Mohammad liked cats, and supposedly even would leave his cloak behind so not to wake up his kitty. But when you are appealing to animal lovers, why not insinuate other animals are possibly "next?" Facts dont matter.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If true...

Who ever is doing it had better know what the hell they are doing.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Cyber Command has been busy eh?

Meh, me thinks this story is more about Iran having not been in the news lately, in light of tragic events elsewhere.

I think somebody at the top got distracted, forgot about them and is now just remembering. The price of oil is high enough for another war I suppose. Probably not, but maybe.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 4/25/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
If true...

Who ever is doing it had better know what the hell they are doing.

Stuxnet has already been linked to the Fukushima disaster, incidentally an Israeli security firm handles the security at the Fukushima nuclear site, Magma BSP, could one of their technicians have accidentally had an infected device, so it looks like those using them don't know what they're doing or more worrying don't care, how good is Ex Rad?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Israeli threats

Agence France Presse - Arab Spring may become Iranian winter: Israel PM to AFP
by Hazel Ward and Philippe Agret – Sun Apr 17, 4:55 pm ET

news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110417/wl_mideast_afp/israeliranpoliticsunrestnetanyahuafp_20110417205554

JERUSALEM (AFP) – The pro-democracy uprisings sweeping through the Arab world are in danger of being manipulated by Iran's Islamic Republic, Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu has warned in an interview with AFP.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with AFP at the weekend, the Israeli premier said the unprecedented protests sweeping through the Middle East and North Africa could go one of two ways.

"What we hope to see is the European Spring of 1989," he said, referring to the year which marked a turning point for the wave of revolutions sweeping through the Eastern Bloc which led to the break-up of the Soviet Union two years later.

But Tehran, he warned, was trying to cash in on the tide of mass uprising sweeping the region to turn it to its advantage in a bid to repeat the events of 1979 and the Islamic Revolution.

"We could find that the Arab Spring turns into an Iranian winter," he warned.

(...)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
Stuxnet has already been linked to the Fukushima disaster,

Please cite your source to support this claim please.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Thepreye
Stuxnet has already been linked to the Fukushima disaster,

Please cite your source to support this claim please.

Just one of many, I've participated in 2 threads on ATS about the Fuk/Suk conection and there are many hits on a simple Google search but glad to help in my small way with this link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
why no one sends a "cyber missile" to israel?, it's obvious that israel has a lot of nukes. and it's a greater menace to the region than iran.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
why no one sends a "cyber missile" to israel?, it's obvious that israel has a lot of nukes. and it's a greater menace to the region than iran.

They run too tight of security, I'm sure. + lack of "know how". lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
One would think that " cyber attacts " & or " cyber probing " goes on all the time .

Having said that , who knows if this report is accurate or not . I just wonder how well " we " are protected from such attacks , caire to venture a guess ?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I guess we will find out how good US cyber security is when some 13 year old hackers decide to launch some missles for the lulz. Which I know sounds highly improbable, but....nothing would surprise me.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
when it comes to hackers and viruses i normally hate the ever living hell out of them

but when it comes to iran i say job well done!

sure go ahead and blame isreal like people always do

but the worlds largest state funded and best funded hackers live in china.

doesnt really matter who does what anymore when it comes to iran

the scapegoats will always be isreal

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join