It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran targeted by second computer virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Iran targeted by second computer virus, says civil defence commander.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Iran has been targeted by a second computer virus in a cyber war being waged by its enemies, its commander of civil defence said.

Gholamreza Jalali told the semi-official Mehr news agency the new virus, called Stars, was being investigated by experts.

Iran are claiming that they have been hit by a second virus attacking their nuclear program. This one nicely dubbed "Stars".

Of course they're laying the blame at the doors of the US and Israel. If it is indeed a second attack using this method there isn't a long list of suspects to look for.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, I guess its better than being bombed all to hell.

Keeps them busy.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnGeeTee

Computer virus experts suggested when the first one hit that this complex virus was probably not a one-shot deal that it could seem that it was killed off and corrections made and then, surprise! It is baaaaack!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Gholam Reza Jalali, the head of an Iranian military unit in charge of combatting sabotage, said that experts discovered the "espionage virus," which he called "Stars."

I'll quote George W here. "Fool me once......". The military unit mentioned above should maybe think about advertising a vacancy for the position of a new commander.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: I guess we are "allowed" to have it in more than one section so.. carry on

edit on 25-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well there you go now. I think I should be "allowed" to carry on as speaking pedantically of course I was in there a mere 17 minutes first. I counted each one on my fingers to be sure.

I didn't really. I did the math in my head. Me know things!

top topics

join